David H
The Wobbit A Parody
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
23 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 38 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Hell, fly'em over. An army of cantankerous Scotsmen ought to be of some use against those pesky Canadians. Nothing but trouble, those people.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 38 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Why would anyone need an assault rifle in New York? Suspect

This has got me thinking about growing up in a Housing Commission Area in a housing Commission house. I'd never heard of guns except that Crims and Police had them. I can't remember one gun incident in our area as I was growing up. I'd heard of the "Broady Boys" - our local thugs, but again, had no contact with them (only individually not as collectives - gang members are almost always much nicer if you catch 'em alone), only wild tales of brawls down on the coast with the "Frankston Surfies." (I suspect much mythmaking was involved!) I never even heard of knife wielding thugs. Where I grew up it was a consensus thought that it was a cowardly practice, and if you pulled one in a fight, all combatants would turn on you. Indeed, if you kicked, you'd get a kicking yourself. And my area was a tough area --- truly tough. Fist figts were the go. It was expected you fight like a man, man. It's probably why I think gun toters, knife wielders, and people who kick you once you're down, are contemptible creatures. Not men, mice.

Last edited by Orwell on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, the article said there are a million assault rifles in New York State. Once you get past New York City and its endless suburbs, there are parts of New York that are just as rural and isolated as any other place in the country (except Alaska, I guess). On the other hand, I don't know what someone would do with an assault rifle there, although "assault rifle" isn't the most clearly-defined term, but I think it's more understandable why someone in rural NY State would want a gun than someone who lives in NYC.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:25 pm

City dwellers might want a gun for defense. But the typical New York apartment is a pretty tightly defined area: if you can't do the job in two shots you're better off jumping out the window. I suspect if assault weapons are being purchased in the city, it's under the table by street gang types.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I was thinking more of why someone would want a rifle but I can see your point.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm

So Orwell I would guess kicking your opponent in the DooDads would be considered unfair also ? lol!
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I did mention that kicking was not acceptable! Rolling Eyes Please concentrate next time! Mad

I find it kind of peculiar, actually, that for the past twenty three years I have been trained to shoot and kick! No knives, tho. (Maybe batons and OC streamer are a means of compensation for our total lack of knife-wielding training? Suspect )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Orwell wrote:Why would anyone need an assault rifle in New York? Suspect

This has got me thinking about growing up in a Housing Commission Area in a housing Commission house. I'd never heard of guns except that Crims and Police had them. I can't remember one gun incident in our area as I was growing up. I'd heard of the "Broady Boys" - our local thugs, but again, had no contact with them (only individually not as collectives - gang members are almost always much nicer if you catch 'em alone), only wild tales of brawls down on the coast with the "Frankston Surfies." (I suspect much mythmaking was involved!) I never even heard of knife wielding thugs. Where I grew up it was a consensus thought that it was a cowardly practice, and if you pulled one in a fight, all combatants would turn on you. Indeed, if you kicked, you'd get a kicking yourself. And my area was a tough area --- truly tough. Fist figts were the go. It was expected you fight like a man, man. It's probably why I think gun toters, knife wielders, and people who kick you once you're down, are contemptible creatures. Not men, mice.

I've been mugged, I fought back; two against one, I lost. When asked (usually by women) why I didn't kick'em in the balls I explained that if I did, they'd've killed me. Even thieves have some code of honor.

(but one on one, if he's bigger and nobody else is around - yeah sometimes you do what you gotta do).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Watch out orwell I made Figgs mad over in Bree and I think she is after me with a Morgul blade Sofa
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I was always swift, Halfy - like the wind! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:15 pm

the truth wrote:Watch out orwell I made Figgs mad over in Bree and I think she is after me with a Morgul blade Sofa

Do you mean like, "I'm mad at you, Truth'? Or do you mean like, "I'm mad at you, Truth, like I get mad at Petty"? There is an expoential difference! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 pm

the was throwing some of those explatives like she throws at Petty , I seem to be corrosive or something like that
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm

I had a look. You got off light, Truth. Too light really. You'll need to do better than that to rile Mrs Figg proper like. Rolling Eyes

{{{Btw Truth - don't take that as an encouragement to deliberately try and rile her (I mean, really rile her), as that wouldn't be respectable either here or in Bree}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Understood President Orwell {{{ her hair does have a nice shade when she is a little angry though}}} Note {{ need more lessons from Petty 's school of Crabbitness}}}
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Petty?

School?

The same sentence?

Question

Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Sometimes I wish the word tsundere was more widely used because it's just so perfect for some situations.

As it is I expect Ally to understand what I mean but not really anyone else.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 am

I'd like to use the word wotzafook-r-u-gabbinabouteldo. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 am

Haha Eldo Its funny you said that A friend of mine was visiting with me online Ive known him since 4th grade he lived in china for the last 5 years teaching english and most recently working for disney doing cartoon animation , since he is a treasure chest of info I asked him what it meant (tsundere) and he explained to me its a term used in Japanese Anime for character personality or something of that sort .
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 am

yeah wotzafookagirlgoddadotogetsumrespektroundhere?
eh? Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 am

Orwell if you see that Truth chappie lurking around the place, tell him 'his ass is grass'. Mad

(((dont know what that means, but it sounds like something Tauriel would say. Nod ))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 am

Ooo: Tough Tuckus Talk from Tauriel! Love it when an elf maid spews street language.

mmm...Tauriel. Her tuckus better deliver. I want my gratuitous characters to be so gratuitous I can't think straight. Somehow Azog didn't stir the juices properly, despite being stripped to the skin most of the time. Major screw up, Azog.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 am

well I think she will gratuitously fly through the air, while whooping, and body surfing on Legolas, whilst in a tight leather ensemble if thats any comfort.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Orwell if you see that Truth chappie lurking around the place, tell him 'his ass is grass'. Mad

(((dont know what that means... ... Nod ))))

I think it was something like, "He wipes his arse with grass." Refering to Scotshobbits, I think. Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 am

Sofa Mrs. Figgs did I tell you I have a grandaughter with pretty red hair like yours and that I love cats yes I do I have several . {{{ I hate groveling but you have to do what you have to do , Wheres Petty , He is never round when you need him }}}
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 am

I dont even like grass On my ass that is {{{{ lurking who me , she is the one lurking , cant even tell when she is here or there }}}
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next