Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 am

oh god yes.
you start or I?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty Needlehole Mysteries Fan fiction. Part 1.

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Nora glanced suspiciously at the invitation she had been delivered at the door. "This is s a joke, right?" The well dressed young man looked at her with shock.
"Oh no, Miss Herring. The Ambassador would never joke about something as important as this."
"I see... Oh, but sadly it requires traditional wear so I an forced to decline. Do tell the Ambassador that I am ever so sorry to miss this... grand event."
"No worries, Miss. The Ambassador has a wide collection of traditional Fjordlandian attire and she is only happy to let you use one from your family's area or to pick your favorite type."

Nora felt a slight panic rise as she forced herself to smile at the man. She had managed to avoid wearing those long wool dresses and puffy sleeved shirts for the whole year she had been in Fjordlandia.

"Oh how generous of her. May... may I ask who else is invited?"
The man beamed. "Just you and Mr Herring, Miss. And the Embassy staff of course. Mr. Herring said yes immediately. He said he had been the best in his Leikarring team as a child. I will let the Ambassador know she can expect you at eight then?"

"I'm gonna kill him" mumbled Nora under her breath.
"What was that, Miss?"
Mora smiled broadly. "I said it sounds thrilling! Hurry along and bye bye now! Would want to keep the Ambassador waiting, now, would we?"

The man smiled and bowed politely and nearly got hit in the head as Nora slammed the door. She glared through the curtains as he hurried back to the embassy. "Ringo, you are dead. So dead."

Last edited by Amarië on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty Re: The Needlehole Mysteries

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 pm

yeeey! cheers my turn! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty (Part 2)

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Better bring something to the party as the tradition requires, Nora thought and huffed into the kitchen. I nice, big old cake would do, she imagined. She was quite a prodigy when it came to the famous kvæfjordkaka, she had only learned from the very best, Nana Herring.

Unfortunately she had spent a long time in the police force since last time she’d baked this masterpiece, and she soon found herself in an awful lot of clutter, and flour lay thick in the air like a morning fog. Nora grabbed her hair in frustration, leaving some fine, white imprints in her curls. "oh man, this doesn't look too good"
Suddenly a very unwelcomed noise came from the boiling sauce.
“NO! fuck, fuck, fuck FUCK!” She hurried over and lifted the kettle over and in the prosess burnt her fingers and spilt half the sauce on the floor, and, alas, it was beyond rescue. She screamed out in defeat. It’ll have to make or break, she thought, and put the cake in the oven. She was already terribly late, so she turned the heat up. She had less than half an hour to get ready, not to mention she had to change into those ridiculous clothing when she got there, so she ran upstairs to try to get the flour out of her hair and put on something decent.

“miss Herring?” What the bloody-? Ringo, here, now? Jumping desperately into some high waist jeans she headed for the stairs, only to fall like a sack of potatoes and landing half dressed in front of the gentlehobbit, resulting in a whole galaxy of stars.
“you okay?” Ringo laughed, but stopped when he saw the vicious look on Nora’s face.
“I will have you skinned and made into shoes, Ringo.” She hissed, but her plans were abruptly changed as a very disturbing black smoke welled out from the kitchen.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Superb story Eldo, perfect blend of humour and storytelling Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Amarië wrote:I can't quite decide, Nora and Eldo are adorable, but I think I am favorite ship is still Eldo/Ringo. Nod Perhaps Eldo's mysterious late night rescuer might stir up things. And some fan fic might be in order.

Laughing

Sorry, I shouldn't say anything about who Eldo's rescuer is when I haven't posted the update yet. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 pm

I love the fanfic guys! Thank you so much, I love seeing your take on these characters. cheers

Ally wrote:Superb story Eldo, perfect blend of humour and storytelling Very Happy

I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or if that was directed at Amarie and Norc. Question But just in case, thanks! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:I love the fanfic guys! Thank you so much, I love seeing your take on these characters. cheers

cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty (Part 3)

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

{{{ Laughing Kvæfjordkake. Nora is awesome.}}}

Ringo jumped aside and found it wise to not interfere unless spoken to. A long continuous stream of rather colourful language flooded from the kitchen, as windows flew up and what had once been a cake flew out. After a few minutes when Nora stopped to breathe, he dared to make a suggestion.

"So.. how about we share the credit for my awesome multekrem. I picked them, you whipped them."

Nora emerged scowling something fierce, a scowl which was ruined by coughing. Extensive military training kept Ringo from laughing.

Finally she sighed and threw her hands in the air.
"Fine, it's not like I have much of a choice. Where the heck did you find cloudberries anyway?"
Ringo raised an eyebrow.
"Nora. One never reveals one's cloudberry place."
"So... the market?"
"Bingo."
"The buthcer?"
"No, Dingo is the butcher. Bingo is farmer Dave's nephew. Why are you making me into shoes?"

"Because you accepted the Ambassador's invitation!" she snarled and flailed her arms in the air. "All this is YOUR fault!!"
Ringo shrugged and frowned a bit.
"It sounded like fun! How was I to know you would destroy your kitchen? Besides!" he added quickly, "it may be wise to stay on Amarie's good side."
"Oh, it's Amarie now, is it?"

Ringo drew his breath and made a looong exhale. "Well, that is her name. The cart is waiting, the ponies are getting restless, you look... lovely, and we have to go now."

Last edited by Amarië on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Amarië wrote:I can't quite decide, Nora and Eldo are adorable, but I think I am favorite ship is still Eldo/Ringo. Nod Perhaps Eldo's mysterious late night rescuer might stir up things. And some fan fic might be in order.

Laughing

Sorry, I shouldn't say anything about who Eldo's rescuer is when I haven't posted the update yet. Razz

It's Viggo Mortensen, isn't it? Nod

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

I know who it is but I am not allowed to tell!! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Skrytepave. (( Wink ))

Your turn to write. Or whoever beats you to it. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 pm

aye aye!!

will you (if you have the powers, and I believe you do) change the title for part one and two, like you did with yours?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Eldorion wrote:I love the fanfic guys! Thank you so much, I love seeing your take on these characters. cheers

Ally wrote:Superb story Eldo, perfect blend of humour and storytelling Very Happy

I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or if that was directed at Amarie and Norc. Question But just in case, thanks! Very Happy

Rolling Eyes

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I sometimes have a hard time telling when you're being sarcastic or not, but thank you again, Ally. I mean that sincerely. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:28 pm

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Action-smiley-035

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty (Part 4)

Post by Norc Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

“yeah, lovely, that’s the word I was looking for.” Nora gave the sergeant a little smile. “lovely, all this, destroying my kitchen, flour in my hair, falling down the stairs with my jeans around my knees, lovely” She cracked up and they both ended up giggling like lunatics.
“Let me just get my coat and I’ll be outside in a minute.” Agent Nora said as she disappeared into the closet.

She soon found out that of all the carts in Needlehole, Ringo had chosen the finer sort. Both ponies were a lovely shade of grey, probably the very same grey that was massively debated. The cart itself was shiny black, very posh indeed.
“wow, Ringo, isn’t this a bit too much?”
“There is no such thing as too much” Ringo smirked.
“Oh, you would know that.” Agent Nora said as she jumped inside while Ringo, being a gentlehobbit, held the door open. “Those woollen kneesocks and that vest, and the hat, sexy bastard.”
“ha ha, very funny. You choose a matching one or I’ll tell everyone of your festivities on midsummers eve involving Fireworks and the lousy dragon Smuag the not-so-magnificent.”
“Don’t you dare!” Nora said and pulled Ringo’s top hat over his face. “Or I’ll tell everyone of cousin Bjørg-Berta and Arnhild whom you so fondly taught golf.” Ringo’s face turned scarlet red.
“How do you even know about that!?”
“I’m an agent and I have several master degrees in everything at the university of Mirkwood.” She smiled a little. “I know everything.”
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Eldorion wrote:I sometimes have a hard time telling when you're being sarcastic or not, but thank you again, Ally. I mean that sincerely. Smile

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 39471810

Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm late to the party, I know, but I've just finished the first needlhole mystery. Love it, Eldo. Genius! I think my favorite ship must be Ringo/Eldo Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 am

Thank you Norc; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smile I'm a bit nervous about trying to please all the shippers though. Shocked Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 am

Reminds me, I do need to get back to where I finished off! (And then there's Petty and his War of the Worlds!) Life is just so full at the moment.... Maybe on my next day off, Eldo (and Petty) - maybe.... Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 am

Eldorion wrote:Thank you Norc; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smile I'm a bit nervous about trying to please all the shippers though. Shocked Razz

just give us lots of lots of clues and hints of all of them, then I expect the shippers will do the rest Smile you already have a growing fanfiction, and there anything almost canon is legal.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Eldorion wrote:Thank you Norc; I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smile I'm a bit nervous about trying to please all the shippers though. Shocked Razz
Oh don't worry about that, Eldo. You just do your thing and we will read whatever we want into it. And if canon fails us, there's always AU. Laughing

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

The Needlehole Mysteries - Page 18 Empty (Part 5)

Post by Amarië Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm

The long, winding road up to the embassy came into view, just as Ringo was about to make a most cunning, accurate and humorous reply. But what came out was "Great flapping flouders... What's with all the ships?"

A hobbit with a very broad smile greeted them and offered to park their cart, and soon they were walking slowly up the path with polite smiles plastered on their faces.

Two long boats had been placed on either side of the road, trees had been decorated with lamps, most in shape of ships. Many hobbits wearing more or less accurate traditional Fjordian outfits, buzzed about. Some seemed to be serving food and drinks, others were gathering round what seemed to be a wooden deck.

A girl carrying a tray of empty mugs hurried by and Nora took the opportunity to ask her some questions.
"Excuse me, miss. What's with all the ships?"
"Smooth, Nora" whispered Ringo.
"We do this every other year or so, miss! It's a shame to leave this large area unused. We are ever so fond of ships here, we each have our favorite! And these two biges here are the biggest favorites! One is called Canon and the other Slash, don't know why, really... When the party is over, we bury them in the ground, and dig them up when we need them again!!"
"Oh, that is... very clever!" smiled Nora politely and exchanged a quick glance with Ringo.

"Oh look, there's your precious Amarie. She's waving! Wave to Amarie, Ringo. Amarie Herring, does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"
"Great, you marry her then! She won't have to read another newspaper for the rest of her life since you know everything! Oooo, is that rømmegraut?"

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 pm

lol! I think I like where this is going. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion