Mrs Figg
Orwell
Eldorion
Lorient Avandi
Pettytyrant101
24 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:18 pm

And if everyone is tiny you could get loads of them in a space shuttle to get them there. I think thats world hunger sorted, good work. Religous debates and questions - Page 39 1918643206

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:12 pm

We should be in charge... not sure why its taking those presidents and pms so long.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 pm

the futurama episode where bender becomes a penguin I love you

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 pm

The scene where sephiroth walks through the fire after burning down nibelheim Twisted Evil
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 am

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Tumblr_loy8peKgC61r06j4ao1_500

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:36 am

The Koran: If Only Allah Consulted An Editor

http://www.experteditor.com.au/blog/the-koran-if-only-allah-consulted-an-editor/

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 am

Thomas Carlyle, for example, considers the Koran “a wearisome confused jumble, crude, incondite; endless iterations, long-windedness, entanglement; most crude, incondite;–insupportable stupidity.” Sounds like a review of the movie Momento, but you get the point.

Oh no they fucking didn't!

I'm not going to dignify the rest of that bullshit with a serious response.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:04 am

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 13.06.17.03

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Gif_jesus_satan_armwrestle_350_210_zps73e18331

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Garek the Guard Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey Memento is on! Oh, man. I love this movie. The way it takes something like short term memory loss and spins the...

Hey, Memento is on!

Last edited by Garek the Guard on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garek the Guard
Garek the Guard
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Very Happy  

Really enjoyed Memento- the phone conversation scene works on me every time- I never can remember who he is talking to either! drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 pm

I liked Memento a lot. Still need to see The Prestige, though (from the same director). Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 am

I think you will like The Prestige Eldo, It was a good film with a some clever twists. Its one of those films I can watch over again. The characters are charismatic, & I found it easy to get involved with not only the story but with the rivalry with H.Jackman & C.Bale. David Bowie plays an interesting,if small,part & Michael Caine is the "glue" that holds the pieces together. Well worth a evening indoors to watch it ! As the film progressed I was feeling emotions between the two leads & ended up going "Grrr" & "Arh". You watch one character thinking hes "top dog" & kinda cocky & one character thats one step ahead & slightly bitter. Then theres the "swap over" between the two leads by the end, until it fringes on greed,jealousy,obsession & border line madness.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm

I've liked most of the Chris Nolan films that I've seen so I'm hoping I'll enjoy The Prestige. Smile I did enjoy the other magician movie that came out at that time (The Illusionist, with Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti). The twists and turns are fun to follow. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 am

A close relative - a Jehovahs Witness - rang me the other night and we got talking about - you guessed it! - the Bible. Did you guys know that the Bible is God's Word and The Truth! Shocked  I queried her about how sure she was that it was The Truth. She assured me it was. I mentioned Science. She said Science was Man's Wisdom and did I really think I was descended from an Ape? (Some of the people I know are sure of it! Shocked ) She clearly thought I was stupid, but she still loves me. I wondered if it might not be her who was stupid, but I still love her. But, apparently, the Bible makes it clear people like me are stupid, and while it's necessary (and Goodly) and in no way impolite to tell me I'm stupid, it's impolite for me (as a Non-Believer) to suggest that Believers are stupid. While we were talking, I kept thinking: "Blood in the water! Blood in the water!" So I grit my teeth and remained peaceable - though the blood in my internal waters was boiling. Anyway, I thought I'd share this with you guys. Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 am

Oh yes -- my close relative told me that the Bible is the best selling book of the world - which is another evidence of it's being Truly God's Word. Made me wonder where the Lord of the Rings was on the sliding Truth (sales) scale. Maths (sales) and God are not my forte, I'm afraid. Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am

I like the gideon bibles best that you get in hotels. They always have a few completely blank pages near the start and end and the papers cheap so really thin-they double up nicelyin an emergency brilliantly as either toilet paper or cigarrette papers. Very useful book on a camping trip a gideon bible, you can light a fire too with all the pages ruined with ink on them. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 am

A fundamental Truth: even if you believe somebody else is wrong, that doesn't in any way imply they're stupid. In my experience smart people make just as many mistakes as stupid people. They're just different mistakes.

Every 4th year we have a big family reunion with 60-80 people and at least 7 different beliefs that I can think of, but for some reason everybody gets along just fine and nobody calls anybody "stupid", (though sometimes a spouse or two need to be taken aside and have the rules explained.)  The kids always pick up on the truce right away. I can't think of a better lesson to teach em.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Orwell wrote:Oh yes -- my close relative told me that the Bible is the best selling book of the world - which is another evidence of it's being Truly God's Word. Made me wonder where the Lord of the Rings was on the sliding Truth (sales) scale. Maths (sales) and God are not my forte, I'm afraid. Sad

LOTR is the best selling book in the England, does that mean Hobbits exist? I do hope so. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 pm

You are too considerate Orwell. I would have had to bite!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Im all for Ying & Yang, so, on that premise, IF there's a God surely there is Satan, yes ? We are told "behave or you will go to Satan & burn in Hell", but, we have no real education of Satan ? or any other demons ? There's fallen Angels, fallen women even but, in my simple frame of mind, to balance the scales there's also a "bad guy". Im not advocating Satanism, (tho its actually quite interesting) But why do some people seem to willingly want to exorcise you IMMEDIATELY just for asking ? Its all "bang the drum for Jesus" but shouldnt there be more openness about The Devil ? (which isnt the right name IF your Jesus, but not bad if your Satan ?) Its felt if you just wanna read up & get more informed, then its to be done in absolute secret, yet doing so in absolute secret spells YOU ARE A WITCH SO FOOKING BURN ! My son read about Satanism etc as a thing purely of interest & hes the most level headed, decent person I know, (no bias of course!) Very astute, made me think twice & see the "wood for the trees" more than once.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 am

Religous debates and questions - Page 39 1069376_10200091248757815_728214747_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 am

My son read about Satanism etc as a thing purely of interest - Azriel

When I was about 16 I went into my local bookshop (which I had frequented since I was a kid ad got my first copy of FotR from) and ordered Dantes Inferno, 120 Days of Sodom and Crowleys Magick all at once.
Twenty odd years later she still whispers about the devil child into peoples ears when I walk in the shop!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Dantes Inferno, 120 Days of Sodom and Crowleys Magick all at once.

That explains so much! Shocked 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next