Ally
Orwell
Lorient Avandi
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Music - Page 39 Empty Re: Music

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:last night I dreamt I made a video and one of you lot did an audio version of the Hobbit book and someone else did the music, and Petty did weird cgi stuff as well like an international collaboration, and we put it on Youtube it got millions of likes. Razz 
i dreamt my dog developed four eyes... it was really gross... because it was all slimey and pussy and then the eyes came out, like a spiders eyes.. ew... never take fucking naps, u dream all sort of shit.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:49 pm

halfwise wrote:

Well if I have to listen to minutes of a language which is meaningless gobbledigook to me, I vote for Fjordlandian because it's the most unfailingly sublimely goofy sounding.  good entertainment value. Nod 
not sure if i should be offended or not Razz but as they're not talking my dialect i am gonna go with it and say thank you  ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:29 pm

dreamt my dog developed four eyes... it was really gross... because it was all slimey and pussy and then the eyes came out, like a spiders eyes.. ew... never take fucking naps, u dream all sort of shit.- Norc

This is why I prefer passing out Nod pub 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

A few weeks ago I dreamt that I was in this classroom with a bunch of little kids (I have no idea why I was there), and the person in charge of the classroom was really mean and they were going to hurt the kids. I told them that I wasn't going to stand for that. And then they pulled out a gun and shot me. I fell to the floor and I could feel myself dying in the dream. It felt like I was peeling away from my body. Creepy feeling. pale 

The next night I dreamt I was in this very red place with a bunch of zombie like people. I was told it was purgatory. But I don't believe in that. Suspect 

Btw is dreamt even a word? When I type it in it gives me the red underline. I could have sworn it was a word.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: dreamt my dog developed four eyes... it was really gross... because it was all slimey and pussy and then the eyes came out, like a spiders eyes.. ew... never take fucking naps, u dream all sort of shit.- Norc

This is why I prefer passing out Nod pub 
sounds like a good idea... still traumatized..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:38 pm

i think dreamt is a word Shrugging

did i tell u also dreamt i was under a zompie apocalypse, but somehow i was Harry Potter and dumbledore gave me advice.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 pm

I think dreamt is a word but the spelling wotsit is telling me to use dreamed.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 pm

of course.. jesus

I DREAMED A DREAM DADADADADAAAAAAAAA!

no.. dreamt is not a word.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 pm

I DREAMT A DREAM IN TIME GONE BY!!!!!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 pm

The worst sleeping incident I have had is hearing something outside while asleep and knowing I was asleep but not being able to wake my body up. Not sure how long it actually took but I eventually woke up to confirm what the noise was but it wasn't a pleasant experience!

Think that has happened to me 2 or 3 times.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Norc wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Been messing about with some stuff today... ideas for Requiem (if it ever happens).

I have been going up a tone to start with an A minor chord as it makes things a lot easier (I can drop the tuning of my guitar if it is easier for others).

Will post something tomorrow.
eh? dunno if that'll make stuff harder or less difficult for me .. i'de have to start on different notes too.
Problem on guitar is that starting on a G minor chord means there are no more chords below E so I can't play it without dropping the tuning of the whole guitar down a full tone... which I can do... it's just a pain in the arse to do.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm

D: woah... yeah that's creepy..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Lancebloke wrote:The worst sleeping incident I have had is hearing something outside while asleep and knowing I was asleep but not being able to wake my body up. Not sure how long it actually took but I eventually woke up to confirm what the noise was but it wasn't a pleasant experience!

Think that has happened to me 2 or 3 times.
how did you know you were asleep?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 pm

because u can't move ur body but your mind is awake and alert, your body is asleep and not connected yet.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I just did. I could feel the bed and hear everything going on.... just couldn't wake my body up.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Dreamt is as correct a past tense form of dream as dreamed is as far as I know, but the native speakers will have to help us out here Smile A very odd dream, Bungo, and very unpleasant. I had a dream once too in which I got shot - by a pirate, no less! Laughing I instantly woke up, though. In the dream I got shot in the chest, and when I woke up it hurt like hell. I still wonder how that could happen when I think back, but perhaps it is true what they said in Inception - pain is in the mind Very Happy

Music - Page 39 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I was dreamed I was killed by being stabbed through the heart, a most peculiar sensation indeed. Not actually painful as such but very odd in a not good way.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Dreamt is as correct a past tense form of dream as dreamed is as far as I know, but the native speakers will have to help us out here :)A very odd dream, Bungo, and very unpleasant. I had a dream once too in which I got shot - by a pirate, no less! :lol:I instantly woke up, though. In the dream I got shot in the chest, and when I woke up it hurt like hell. I still wonder how that could happen when I think back, but perhaps it is true what they said in Inception - pain is in the mind Very Happy
i think u can say dreamt but not write it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm pretty sure it's like other irregular verbs like burn (burned/burnt both fine), and kneel (kneeled/knelt) and a lot of other verbs that follow the same pattern, but I can't say for sure of course. To paraphrase Gloin - I see Native Speakers here. Will they not say? Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I can't say I've been especially impressed by all of Eminem's recent singles, but listening to all of The Marshall Mathers LP 2 from beginning to end, it really is solid work.  I'm not going to go so far as to say that it's on the same level as Em's stuff from his heyday (though I think it will continue to grow on me), but I really enjoy it.  It's great to have super-lyrical Eminem back.

There's a lot of good songs on there, but "Bad Guy" is probably the best one.  Kendrick Lamar has a really good guest appearance towards the end too.  I also love all the rock samples.  Rap-rock fusion can easily be ass, but if anyone knows how to pull it off, it's Rick Rubin.  "Berzerk", "Rhyme or Reason", and "So Far..." are good examples of this, even if they don't necessarily do a ton with the samples.

I'm told the bonus tracks that didn't make it onto the main album are also really good, but I'm gonna have to listen to those later when I have more time.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am

Norc wrote:because u can't move ur body but your mind is awake and alert, your body is asleep and not connected yet.
I thought that was a typical morning for a drunk Scotshobbit.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 am

Ringdrotten wrote:I'm pretty sure it's like other irregular verbs like burn (burned/burnt both fine), and kneel (kneeled/knelt) and a lot of other verbs that follow the same pattern, but I can't say for sure of course. To paraphrase Gloin - I see Native Speakers here. Will they not say? Smile
Dreamt is archaic/poetic, fits the pattern of burned/burnt, but as Norc says typically only said not written.

How does she know this stuff? She's too young and too Fjordian! Mad 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 am

Inspired by Tinuviels vid of the LotR's musical I went on the hunt for a version with proper lyrics-

Here's Ian Holm as Frodo singing it from the BBC adaptation-

Also stumbled on this- Christopher Lee performing Treebeards song-

Theres a few pieces of the music in the radio play version I like, but they can be hard to find Mad 

Bill Nye as Sam sings the Song of Gil-Galad-

The Tree Lords- combining two of Treebeards songs into one- the list of creatures and the Song of the Ent-wives-

Forth Rode the King- (Rohirrim song)

And finally Bilbo's Last Song, not actually in the book but written by Tolkien as part of the Road goes ever on song project with Donald Swan and making for an emotional ending to the radio play version-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks for clearing that up, Halfy Smile

Petty -great vids, made me want to listen to the radioplays again Very Happy

Eldorion wrote:I can't say I've been especially impressed by all of Eminem's recent singles, but listening to all of The Marshall Mathers LP 2 from beginning to end, it really is solid work.  I'm not going to go so far as to say that it's on the same level as Em's stuff from his heyday (though I think it will continue to grow on me), but I really enjoy it.  It's great to have super-lyrical Eminem back.

There's a lot of good songs on there, but "Bad Guy" is probably the best one.  Kendrick Lamar has a really good guest appearance towards the end too.  I also love all the rock samples.  Rap-rock fusion can easily be ass, but if anyone knows how to pull it off, it's Rick Rubin.  "Berzerk", "Rhyme or Reason", and "So Far..." are good examples of this, even if they don't necessarily do a ton with the samples.

I'm told the bonus tracks that didn't make it onto the main album are also really good, but I'm gonna have to listen to those later when I have more time.
I've never been much of a rap fan, but Eminem made a few songs I like, and there were a couple in that vid I liked to (didn't listen through it all, just skipped from song to song). There is one rap group I quite like, however - ever heard of Gangstagrass? It's rap combined with bluegrass music, and it's awesome Very Happy

theme from Justified, which introduced me to this music:

Might not be for everyone, but I liked it a lot Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next