Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures

+4
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Lorient Avandi
8 posters

Go down

Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures Empty Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures

Post by Lorient Avandi Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Just wanted to know your thoughts on things of this sort.
Werewolves: I love the actual wolf animals but I hate the classic werewolves. Here are several aspects of them that just bug me: they have no control over transformation, they go crazy and extremely violent when transformed, and the classic representation of them look like neither wolf or human, just some in between monstrosity. I would like these fantasy creatures if: they could transform at will, they either retained human intelligence or actually took on the behavior of real wolves, and if they actually looked like real, legitimate wolves when transformed.

Well there was my rant. What are your feelings of werewolves and other horror creatures/ideas?
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures Empty Re: Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:I would like these fantasy creatures if: they could transform at will, they either retained human intelligence or actually took on the behavior of real wolves, and if they actually looked like real, legitimate wolves when transformed.

I didn't get very far into the series, but I think you just described the werewolves from Twilight pretty accurately. Please don't talk about how much better vampires would be if they sparkled in your next post. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures Empty Re: Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am

Vampires should not be sexy! Well they should- but not active below the waste-they are undead, no blood pumping tends to lead to trouble in the trouser department- thats one of the things that makes being one a curse- you can entrance women but a nibble on the neck is your lot- its what you get instead of sex as a vampire. So the modern fad for mushy lovey vampires seems completely misguided to me and to be taking away one of the very important underlying aspects of vampires.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:13 am

Well never read or watched twilight but if that's whatthe werewolves are like then I like the werewolves, still hate the rest of it though. Stupid, sorry excuse for vampires, sparkle fairies! Very Happy
But hey, as much as I don't like the series, it's kinda cool it was written by a Mormon!

(technically, I guess that vampires could sparkle if they went into the sun. If you count spontaneous combustion as sparkling)
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am

I can tell you, Twilight is a trap for young girls who are looking for an answer to romance!!!!! I was a "fanpire," an over-zealous one. I was so addicted that LOTR took the back seat for a while, and I went back to it to un-addict myself! It's bad! HORRID!!!!!!! It has a horrible protagonist who's dingy in personality and character depth and all the dialogue is BAD!!!!!! I could go on for hours, but the vampires in those movies ARE NOT vampires. Evil or Very Mad Beren and I have erradicated all of them from Middle Earth, ever since Sauron turned into one.

Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:47 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:But hey, as much as I don't like the series, it's kinda cool it was written by a Mormon!

If that's the pinnacle of Mormons' contributions to literature.... Laughing

{{{{{All in good fun, of course. Wink }}}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 am

I don't like her stuff but I Just thought it was kind of a cool fact...
We also had Orson Scott Card
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't care much for scary creatures. I like real wolves but I prefer they stay real wolves and not be some creepy half human half wolf thing.

If I want to be scared I'll just go look at some orcs.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I like Sauron's take on werewolves, all others bored me years ago. Except for that gorgeous girl in Supernatural (Season two or three, I think, I can't remember though!) Vampires suck, generally.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Orwell wrote:Vampires suck, generally.
Agree with you there. Never been real interested in Vamps.
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 pm

hee hee hee... Good one, Lorient. Very Happy Personally, I'm quite partial to Vamps... hee hee hee... Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:34 am

Orwell wrote:Vampires suck

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm

BEST. MOVIE. EVER!!!!!!!!! I know it looks stupid, but it actually is hilarious!!!!

Werewolves, skeletons, and other Classic Horror Creatures Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Nice abs.  Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Tinuviel wrote:BEST. MOVIE. EVER!!!!!!!!! I know it looks stupid, but it actually is hilarious!!!!

I agree!  cheers 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Eldo! Amarie! You need to mount a proper argument if you want to make such big statements! BEST. MOVIE. EVER. Big statement.  Rolling Eyes Nice abs, though,,,

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:14 pm

{{{She's the Queen, agreeing is surviving. But even so:}}} It's is a hilarious movie.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Is this a good point to bring up diplomatic imunity?  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah there's that. But I'm nominated for Best Nose, there might be some moon runes in the agreement for cases like that...

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Oh, I'm sure we can find some sort of legal loophole.  Laughing

And anyway diplomatic imunity isn't based on inter country agreements, but an international treaty requiering all signatories to confirm to the rules of the treaty. And diplomatic imunity has no moon rule based exceptions as long as one stays in the post granting the imunity. So I would say your pretty safe. All you could be facing would be banishment from the country were you are practising in the role.

Now where do I send my bill? Embassy was it?  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:47 am

'Pretty safe' you say, 'watch out for stray golf balls' I say.

The embassy, yes. I'll have some mithril brought up from the vault for you. Nod

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down