Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Norc Tue May 29, 2012 9:43 am

Welcome Monica Smile I hope you enjoy yourself here and all^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Lancebloke Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Evil or Very Mad This age lark is not on you know! But then I got to see saw Jaws in the cinema (it was rated x and we snuck in a side door just after it had started Very Happy ) and Star Wars when it was still completely new and fresh looking and unprecedented (visually anyway).

I got to see Star Wars too.... well, episodes 1-3 which were bantha poodoo (some good snippets)!

That has just given me an idea for a new thread!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 30, 2012 1:15 pm

The only good Star Wars films has Han Solo in them.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Empty Hello from another new guy!

Post by yooper Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

Hi all, my name is Dave, I live in Michigan USA. I have been a silent stalker of some other tolkien related forums off and on for some years, and recently decided if I am going to hang around anyway I might as well have the ability to post once in a while. I first registered for the forum at the-hobbit-movie.com, and those folks referred me over to here.

I got into Tolkien as a kid, in the typical way, TH and LotR first, and then Silmarillion, UT and HoME, etc. later on. Have re-read all of that material many times. My favorites are the Quenta Silmarillion and Akallabeth. I also love the LotR books and like the movies. I don't know if you would call me a "purist," I find some movie changes to be trivial/acceptable poetic license. However, I simply can't understand WHAT PJ is thinking with some of the ridiculous things he does. Things like the "mountain of skulls" scene are just cheesy and make me cringe every time. Far worse are stupid plot-relevant changes like the treatment of Faramir in RotK, or Frodo blatantly showing the ring to a Nazgul in Osgiliath (east of the Anduin!) is absolutely apalling to me. Things like rabbits pulling sleds are hard on my blood pressure.

Apart from Tolkien, I read alot of literature as well as contemporary mainstream-type fiction. I am also outdoorsy, I spend alot of time fishing and boating. I also like chess, brewing and drinking, and listening to loud rock music. I am an engineer by trade, I currently work for a company that builds solar panels, and I live in a lake home with my significant other, Abigail who is a nurse.

I look forward to interacting with many of you!
Dave
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

https://facebook.com/david.head.9085

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 am

Welcome to Forumshire Yooper. cheers
You already know some of us, myself, RA and others from Bree (our name for the other forum) and I'm sure you'll soon meet the rest- although we have a few regular posters absent on holidays at the moment including our Admin Eldo I'm sure you'll find there's plenty here to browse and intresting folks to meet (wait till youve met the Banks clan! Mad ). I hope you sick around.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:55 am

You sound a decent fellow Dave, so welcome! cheers

An engineer? Sounds respectable too.

You'll find three kinds (or tribes?) of hobbit here. The resectable, the unrespectable and the disrespectable, though more often than not the latter two traits can be found in the same hobbit. Rolling Eyes

If you require good advice, wholesome fun, and intelligent conversation, by all means make the acquaintance of we Bankses, that's only sense, and proper good sense at that. Nod

{{{Oh yes, you must do your best to tolerate Mr Petty Tyrant --- he's a Scostshobbit - allowances must be made! Rolling Eyes}}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 am

Hi Yooper, cool avatar good to see you here. Razz I am Julia from Bree.

just ignore Odo he's not really a respectable Ozhobbit, he's a bit like Littlefinger from Game of Thrones, got a lot of little fingers in lots of yucky pies, including my eel wrangling buisness, but thats a long story. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:57 am

Hey you, welcome to forumshire!! ^^

Looking forward to talk about TH and LOTR with you. Hope your not too overwhelmed by us. If you like literature, you should check out the creative corner, the needle hole mysteries are very good Smile and some other, that arm.. haddon hall was it? I haven't read all of them, but they are quite good Smile

I'm Nora from Bree, although I haven't been back there in ages Smile kind of moved here permanently Wink
looking forward to seeing you hanging around Very Happy

and yes, I like Sherlock, do you like sherlock? you better like Sherlock.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Welcome welcome! Everybody is crazy here but me. Nod
I'm not from Bree, I am from Planet Tolkien (or the Dark Planet as it is called here). I came here to make sure these over grown children didn't run with scissors and such. Or was it to makes sure they DO run with scissors... scratch

Odo, I'm an engineer, I don't think you've ever called ME respectable. It's cause I work for Cirdan, isn't it? Hobbits and boats... Rolling Eyes

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello yooper, Very Happy

New faces are always welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Everybody is crazy here

Very true, only the best people are of course! Nod Come and join in the madness!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Amarië wrote:Everybody is crazy here but me.

I've noticed. I feel pretty sane at the moment but we will see how I react to exposure to you folks over time...
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 pm

odo banks wrote:You'll find three kinds (or tribes?) of hobbit here. The resectable, the unrespectable and the disrespectable

I may foray into unrespectability from time to time, but will hopefully avoid being disrespectful even on those occasions...
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:12 pm

well I can't speak for the others but I am perfectly normal. :carrot:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:10 pm

yooper wrote:
Amarië wrote:Everybody is crazy here but me.

I've noticed. I feel pretty sane at the moment but we will see how I react to exposure to you folks over time...

In some circles I'm actually quite normal and well liked. The circles are the ones I draw during recreation time in the psych ward

Hiya Wink

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Very Happy Ally.
I think Forumshire must be inside one of those circles.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:10 pm

yooper wrote:
I am also outdoorsy, I spend alot of time fishing and boating. I also like chess, brewing and drinking, and listening to loud rock music.

Add a campfire to that list and we're two of a kind! Very Happy Welcome, Dave, glad to have you on board Smile

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 pm

oh yeah, campfire belongs on the list! Often while drinking and listening to music Smile
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:26 pm

yooper wrote: Often while drinking and listening to music Smile

Nod There's nothing quite like it Smile

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 pm

...and dancing girls, Ringdrotten! Very Happy Don't forget them! It's not camping without 'em, methinks. cyclops

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 pm

you need marsmellows. and then you so much you feel sick.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 pm

was one of those circles Dantes by any chance? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 am

I think Ally miht be sittin gin that one Mrs Figg! Shocked

If we are having a camping, buckie swilling, guitar playing, dancing girls session. Count me in! Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:09 am

I'll dance if you pay me, I know the ancient carrot fertility dance. Twisted Evil

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 am

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Animated-gifs-vegetables-10

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 11 Veg_4
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16 am

Welcome to Forumshire, yooper! I'm sorry I'm late in welcoming you, but as Petty mentioned I was out of town and am only now just catching up on the threads I missed. I too like listening to loud rock music (I have ZZ Top on right now, though I don't know if they're your kind of rock). It's great to have you on board and I hope you'll stick around. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next