Baingil
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Out of town Empty Out of town

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm sorry to leave you all before Ringdrotten has gotten back, but I'm flying out of town tomorrow (Wednesday 13 July) morning and won't be back until Sunday (17 July) some time. I don't know if I'll bring my computer but I probably won't and even if I do I won't be on here much, if at all. Today is a cleaning, packing, and getting ready day but I might be on for a little. In any event, I'll see you all in about a week! Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Out of town Empty Re: Out of town

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

more mystery trips! No trolls in the US to hunt are there?
I shall try to keep on top of things in your abcence. Have a good trip.

ps- a Forumshire without Admin! Wait till the NotP heres about this!

Now where is the buckie stash? Ohh I can hold a party in the Fortress Of Lore! Shocked While the cats away.....

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
ps- a Forumshire without Admin! Wait till the NotP heres about this!

Sorry to disappoint you, Petty, but I'll be around. Wink
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:14 am

And so will the Queen queen
Don't worry Eldo, Forumshire will just be under a temporary monarchy until you get back

Out of town Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:01 am

(((((Oh Petty - why did you blab so --- and not one encryption spell in sight ---- and I've already bought the keg and hired the tables and dancing poles!!!!!)))))

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 am

The true purpose of this trip is still classified, but boffins have revealed this Palantir image of admin enjoying a short break from his duties in celebration of tonight's midnight movie release. Very Happy

Out of town 26399310
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am

Oh my gawd, I'm so exited! I'm going to see it today! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I even went to the Première in London...well kind of. I didn't actually get in, hehehe! Still fun though! Hang on, Eldo, you didn't happen by chance to go to the première in New York?? If, so, WOW! If it wasn't, why not??!!

But in all truth, I am very upset that 'it all ends today'. A tad dramatic for a slogan though, if you ask me... Very Happy

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:58 am

Nice, Eldo Very Happy Have fun!

Out of town Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Which one is Eldo?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Not 100% sure but I think he is the one listed under 'extras' if you look carefully.

(((((((((((ps Eldo did you tell Baingil you were off to see HP as you have grown up with them blah blah? Its to see Emma Watson on the red carpet, in the, as it were, flesh. Isnt it? You can't fool me!))))))))))

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:52 pm

(((((((The Red Carpet premiere was earlier this week, so I don't think he saw Emma Watson "in the flesh"))))))))))))))))))))

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:00 pm

((((((((well he has been away a few days now. The Tyrant sees all, knows all, especially where the buckie is and when hormonal youth is lured by a pixie haircut and legs!))))))

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:19 pm

That picture was taken just last night (or technically in the wee hours of this morning, July 15). I had a job interview on Monday, when the premiere was, so going there wasn't possible, especially since I would have had to turn right around to go somewhere else immediately afterwards. Laughing I'm not actually travelling for Harry Potter-related reasons, but not even being thousands of miles from home was going to stop me from going to the final midnight premiere! Very Happy

Saradoc wrote:But in all truth, I am very upset that 'it all ends today'. A tad dramatic for a slogan though, if you ask me...

Yeah, tell me about it. It's the official end of my childhood. I got a bit teary at the last fade to black when I realized it would be the last frame of Harry Potter ... ever. Sad Still, I'm excited, and while I had my quibbles with the last film it is definitely a fitting finale and send-off to the franchise. cheers

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Not 100% sure but I think he is the one listed under 'extras' if you look carefully.

I'm the one with the dashing good looks. Cool (My hair is usually longer and nicer looking than that, but I just got it cut a couple days ago so it's shorter than I like.)

(((((((((((ps Eldo did you tell Baingil you were off to see HP as you have grown up with them blah blah? Its to see Emma Watson on the red carpet, in the, as it were, flesh. Isnt it? You can't fool me!)))))))

Nah, no red carpet footage at this showing, just lots and lots of girls (and boys, for that matter, but I think mostly girls; I don't know why) in the audience wearing Hogwarts uniforms. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Just back now from seeing the final Harry Potter film! I knew I was going to like it, and hey! I was right. There were a few slight problems that I had with the film though. Firstly, why does Harry fight Voldemort alone? In the book everyone is all around him, and you actually see the celebrations. That would have been much better I feel. I also don't understand the decision to move the dialogue about Snape etc etc, from the actual final battle scene, to a tacky scene involving Harry and the Dark Lord jumping off a tower pulling face similar to that of mine when I'm on a roller-coaster!

But on the whole; AMAZING!!!!! Smile

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks for the spolier, Saradoc... Mad

(((((And a lot of girls in uniform, Eldo? Didn't happen to see any girls Our Lady uniforms as well? Odo is looking for one his daughters - though it's hush hush - apparently slipped out past the guard dogs and last seen swimming across Boggly Bog. He's worried, very worried, about what it'll do to the family reputation...)))))

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

Jane better hope she's not escaped to make a bee line for the offices of Pure Publications!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 pm

(((((I'm sure it won't be anything any sensible person need worry about, Pettty. Odo said it was his biggest fear she has whacked off with a jar of beans, in some way special beans, and the girl being so clumsy (I read between the lines) he fears not that she will eat them (which of course only would be good for her, the voracious little carnivore) but that she might spill them, and thereby waste them --- they must be pretty special beans, but how special would they need to be to get so upset about spilling them?.... poor Odo--- strangest of fellows, really)))))

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 am

(((((( I wonder, what's his daughter's name??? And what does she look like? For Huan told me he thought he saw a little girl playing in my garden the other day. He also said he caught a sniff of respectability. Shocked I'm curious what those magic beans do???)))))))

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:38 am

I'm back in town as of last night and stepping out of the plane and feeling that good ol' mid-Atlantic humidity was like stepping into a sauna after being in my previous classified location. Razz (There's a hint for the NotP, Petty! Wink )
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 am

Welcome home, Eldo Very Happy

Out of town Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks, Ringdrotten! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Does anyone know where Kafria and Ally are?

Out of town Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Been wondering that myself. Hopefully they will return to us some time. I suppose its possible, nah, couldn't be, just, well maybe they got bored with us! affraid Female minds are tricky to fathom at the best of times.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Not bored, never fear! Just trying to get through a manic last two weeks of term!
now away recuparating, ready to start again, finally have the time and energy to read and post again. I have kept an eye in from time to time!
Must also confess that my computer time is currently being split.

NO NO! settled down, not another forum!!

Inspired by my daughter, I have started writing a little. Now let's be clear, I have not the talent of Squach, and I am sticking to fan fiction for now, but I am enjoying gently pluging away at creating something. Nothing very imaginative at the mo, novelising a mini series I like (and may have mentioned once or twice! Smile )

Now the summer is here I should be around quite a bit I hope tongue tongue need me dose of silliness!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Good to have you back, Kafria Very Happy What's the name of the mini series you are novelising? Sounds interesting Smile

Out of town Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum