Lancebloke
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
halfwise
chris63
9 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:24 am

Short fan made Alien film. Not too bad.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 pm

{{ Nice Chris, about to crack open a barrel and give it a watch, many of these fan made films turn out to be considerably better than the studio efforts. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:28 pm

{ Alien fan film was quite good,liked the setting and main actor, effects are ropey as anythng but they get the job done.

Talking effects love this sort of stuff, and if you have never seen the film in question I highly recommend it, perfect lazy Sunday tv, and great one if you've young kids about. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:05 pm

The Critical Drinker says Goodbye.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:05 am

{{ I happened to catch, part the way through, the other day one of my all time favourite Shakespeare adaptations, Brannaghs first and in my view probably his best, Henry V. And more it happened to be on one of my very favourite scenes- the uncovering of the Traitors at Southampton.

You've got to really feel the pain of the poor actor playing Scrope, that slap was not in the script and apparently came as a bit of a surprise! It was also according to the actor incredibly painful. Painful? You just got slapped by Brian Blessed! I'm amazed he was still able to stay upright. But credit to him for going with it and not breaking character.
Being hit by Brian Blessed must be akin to being hit by a truck.
Talking Blessed this is an incredible scene from him-

and that suit of armour is not a prop, not only is it real armour, it's his own he brought with him for the film! Why am I not at all surprised Brian Blessed has a suit of personal armour. Probably wears it to go to the shops.
But the cast of this film for a Shakespeare fan is unrivalled in cinema in my view; Kenneth Brannagh, Derek Jacobi, Ian Holm, Judi Dench, Brian Blessed, Robbie Coltrane, Richard Briers, Paul Schofield, Robert Stephens, Christopher Ravenscroft, Geraldine McEwan, Michael Maloney and more it's a whose who of the greatest stage, tv, film and especially Shakespearean actors the UK has ever had to offer. A golden generation of actors to whom Shakespeare's words come from the lips as naturally as does modern language. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:50 pm

Henry V was a revelation, the first demonstration to many people of how accessible Shakespeare could be.  After I saw it the first time I dragged some friends to see it, and after the king's tirade to Halfleur ("Will you yield and this avoid, or guilty in defence, be thus destroyed?") a friend turned to me and said "I'd surrender too!".   It was far above his other efforts of Hamlet and Much Ado about Nothing.

I could have sworn I had a copy of it, but looking around don't see it.  That needs to be amended.

I do have a copy of Othello, and though Branagh didn't direct it he was in it, and one critic said at the time he was the only living actor who could make Shakespeare sound like street language.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:43 pm

{{ Should warn in case you watch this at work or something, very sweary for a trailer!}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10