The Fortress of Lore

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fortress of Lore Empty The Fortress of Lore

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Back before Eldo became Admin he was merely the Lord of Lore and he had a Fortress of Lore. This is its story.

This thread goes hand in glove (or at least hand in boot) with the Picnic Thread.

Last edited by Old Forum on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

The Fortress of Lore Empty Re: The Fortress of Lore

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:52 pm

The Fortress of Lore

The Fortress of Lore Hisfort

Eldorion
Those who have braved the dangers of Vale and Tunnel come to an end in the tunnel. Lit byh bright torches it appears as day, yet the entire tunnel in front of you is blocked by a massive stone wall. There is no apparent door, but a plaque with markings ins many languages giving instruction:

Knock thrice upon the middle stone
And twice upon the crown.
For those known to be true
The gates shall be laid down.

If you are a true friend to the Fortress, knock and you shall be admitted to tha Halls of Secrecy. The false ones shall be turned away.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:53 pm

pettytyrant101
Bloody hell Eldo how about some sort of Dwarf mine cart system in here? That's a hell of a long tunnel. "Lit by bright torches it appears as day," yes it does and very nice it is too but how about putting some torches in the tunnel next time? I ran out before I got halfway here.
Right where is the middle, aha,

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

and the crown, odd place to hang your crown but here goes,

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Right can I get in there's a damned draft in this tunnel, goes right up my kilt.

By the way I don't think I was alone in that tunnel. But nor do I think I was the only one not to bring enough torches. Sure I heard others but couldn't see a blooming thing.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Eldorion
"Greetings, honoured one. I am Third Consul Charon, Keeper of the Gates of Knowledge. Lord Eldorion bid us keep watch for you, Lord Tyrant, as well as Lord Beard and Mr Banks. Please, come in."

At that the inner portion of the wall falls backwards, creating a bridge over a pit filled with deadly steel spikes. On the other side is a small train of mining carts, leading downwards. At the end of the track is a broad arched gateway, and inside, a massive chamber with a roof coated in glowing crystal. In the middle of the chamber is a mighty fortress, the Gehirnburg. The Fortress of Lore itself.

"There is the dwelling of Eldorion the greater Consuls. Follow this path and speak your name to all the guards, and in the inner tower of Eldorion. He will want to hear of the others in the tunnel."

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Gandalfs Beard
No you weren't alone Lord Tyrant, that was me behind you. You're right, that tunnel was long and bloody drafty Mad .

Thanks for your gracious invitation Lord Eldorion. I hope that our plans for the safety of our dear friend Odo Banks go off without a hitch. Now how about a hot cup of cocoa after that windy tunnel.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Eldorion
You will be pleased to know that we have an inner moat full of hot chocolate, Lord Beard. I will send a minion down to get some.

Hopefully you will also be pleased that we are quite secure here. I have taken every precaution to ensure that no person or piece of news gets in or out of here without approval from the relevant authorities. Our plan to rescue Mr Banks is unknown to the Sheriffs.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm

pettytyrant101
Nice place you got Eldo, hot chocolate on tap, I like your thinking.
As to a plan I think we should set a time when we can all be in the forumshire at the same time, say tomorrow, I will invite the Odo clan to the picnic for that time and open a new thread entitled Woodhall Picnic and you two can get Mr Banks out to safety nwhilst its going on.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Excellent Lord Tyrant. And by the way Lord Eldorion, I must applaud your moat of Hot Chocolate. Are you perchance related to Willy Wonka? Wink

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
Just read your posts GB on the missing hobbit thread, like the plan and all for it. Sounds like it will work to me and just as well, Nob from the Prancing Pony just brought me his fake Mr Banks, I swear he has just stolen a scarecrow from Farmer Maggots fields, attached a mat to its head with string and made an Odo mask out of the portrait of Mr Banks that was in his hall but was, unfortunately, painted by Mr Banks third cousin, twice removed, mother in laws sister, during her blurry phase. Your plan is much better.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion
Lord Tyrant, I should be able to come on the forum around 7 PM GMT tomorrow (or perhaps a bit later) for some time, though I will be on for shorter periods as early as 3 PM GMT. I can participate in the mission then.

Lord Beard, I recruited the best and brightest in designing the fortress. Mr Wonka's office is on the ground floor.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

pettytyrant101
Right I shall set the picnic for 20:00 on the 12th (tomorrow). Is that ok for everyone?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Eldorion
I should be able to make it.

BTW, happy 600th post day, Lord Tyrant! Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Gandalfs Beard
I really don't know what time in Real Time I will be able to arrive. But rest assured, I will be at the picnic in Virtual Time Wink .

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
Thank you Eldo and may I likewise congratulate you on your 1500 post day- a mighty amount of Lore posted.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
You getting this, the signal is bloody awful on this cheap palantir, no reception in Scotsdale. We have to alter plans, Odo has told all he will not be attending the picnic and that dratted Sherriff has said she is not coming now. We shall have to use Nob's crude facsimile of Odo to trick them long enough for GB's rangers to smuggle him to Eldo's men.
Tin if you could persuade the Sherriff to attend the picnic all the better.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Okay I'm back. New plans must be made indeed. But I have already made arrangements. Here is the spell encrypted letter I left at the other thread with all the details. Lord Eldorion, we will need more of your forces ready to improvise.

Dear Lord Tyrant,

I sense plans unraveling. There are rumours of a spy in Lord Eldorion's midst. And my employment of the Deeper Magic of the Spheres has enabled me to rumble a plot by Sheriff Banks to waylay the Lady Tinuviel and divide our forces. Plans have changed. I will follow the Lady Tinuviel and make certain she is safe, and leave a Magical Double at the Picnic. It will be up to you to keep an eye on the Oracle.

I have a second Ranger Unit in play to rescue Lady Tinuviel if there is trouble. My first unit should be able to Whisk the "package" away from the Wild Lands of your thread without any being the wiser. Curses, I may have to spell that dratted scarecrow to pass as a passable double of Mr Banks at the Picnic. Your Wizards really do need a Booting don't they. Fortunately my Special Forces Rangers are all Wizards of the Second Order. Still, things could get very messy tomorrow.

Sincerely
Gandalf's Beard
Ranger Supreme
Wizard of the First Order and
Representative of The High Administrator

PS: Please look after M'Rak, he is an innocent bystander who has stumbled into this madness. He offers an allegiance, but he's in over his head. I don't wish to see him injured or entrapped by the Sheriff's forces.

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that Heavenly Glory" -- Bruce Lee

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Tinuviel
Dear to whom it may concern,
I given the Sheriff an ultimatum of sorts, now aware of her plans (thought I'm not too sure what you meant by waylay). I told her that Odo was going to attend the picnic, and asked if she was still interested in going. and if she still would want to meet me alone, than my body guard must come with me (neccessary precautions set by my Beren).

OVER AND OUT!
- Lady Tinuviel

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:00 pm

pettytyrant101
I have been delayed! Magic is afoot, I shall open the picnic now however and make it a 48 hour event with fancy dress. That should help disguise our poor mockery of Mr Banks. I shall return as soon as I've dealt with this dratted wizard, he has hidden himself in a woods, but I am on to him.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:00 pm

pettytyrant101
I am increasingly worried about this wizard, if anything should go awry I leave the safety of Mr Banks with you Eldo, GB should help but he is a liberal so you may have to keep prodding him. Tin is keen to aid and doing her part superbly so don't let us down Lord Eldo.
p.s. beware that camel smoker he mocks GB's rangers.
You can keep in touch with my progress on my own thread, for some reason the reception is better there on my palantir.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Eldorion
I should be able to devote more attention to the party now that my academic responsibilities have (for the time) been fulfilled, though once the weekend is over I will need to once more turn my attention to my studies. :ugeek: As of next Friday I shall be free of it for the summer, though. Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Mirabella Banks

((( "Stunning plan, Mirabella! No one would have guessed you'd have two (or more) Sheriffs impersonating you at the Picnic."

"Thank you Gorbadoc, Sir! Wise Odo's plan is so devilishly clever and complicated that even he no doubt has forgotten parts of it! But can you speak a little more quietly. Our Sheriffs Band is making enough noise as it is. Damn Forumish racket!"

"Yes - as you will. You're the appointed Leader of this mission, I'll follow your lead. Hey! You twenty three Sheriffs back there among the trees. We must be quieter!"

"Thanks, Sir. That's much better! Now: my Spy tells me that the Lord Eldorion (who may or may not be at the Picnic - as I guess he too has his own Impersonators - otherwise things don't make sense - though Enchantment could be involved - which would... err... ummm.. where was I?"

"I think you were about to say something about the tunnel whose entrance we can now see from the concealment of these bushes."

"It's like you can read my mind, Sir! Yes, the tunnel will be poorly guarded - what with all those soldiers of various shapes and sizes we saw march out with Eldorion (or his impersonator) in the lead. It's sixty six miles long from memory, the tunnel, or thereabouts, but if we creep along it quietly for awhile, and Forum-earth time being what is (at least since Mr Tyrant stuck his big nose in) we'll soon come to the Fortress of Lore. Once it's burnt down with all it's books and scrolls and the History of the World, Uncle Wise can start his World Change Strategy and his 'Channelling Education Plan.'"

"Tell me gain; if we succeed, the Vulgar Threads will be destroyed in the fire, is that it?"

"Yes - it's a key part of the plan."

"Thank goodness for that. Respectability will return at last."

"Yes, only the "Odo" Thread will exist, Sir, alongside the "The Wise Collection", of course! Ah! They were simpler and better days!!! Simpler for the simple - and more satisactory for the Wise - Wise Odo that is. And, of course, for other wise folk - like me - and even Uncle Odo too - once he's been properly Treated, and Fumigated."

"Let's press on then."

"Yes but with care. Who knows what peculiar weaponry, traps and evil creatures Lord Eldorion might have left behind - he's a cunning one - and surprsingly so - for a book reader!!!" Mad

....))))....

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion
Third Consul Charon relaxed in his private chambers in the guard house behind the Gates of Knowledge. Lord Eldorion had passed through some days earlier (or had he?) and all he had to do was 'hold down the fort' until Eldorion's return. Given the remote and secretive nature of the Fortress of Lore that usually meant only that he could not become totally drunk.

As he was pouring himself a drink, a bat flittered in. Charon was comfortable around bats, though he knew that some of the troops were not. Eldorion used bats as messengers since they could fly comfortably both outside and in the tunnels. This bat bore a message from one of the outer watchmen. "Bloodhounds uneasy. Intruders expected. Watch redoubled. Beware possible assault."

Charon put his glass to the side: it could wait until after business was taken care of. He alerted his centurion and within two minutes could hear his troops marching down to the assembly yard to await further orders. Charon allowed himself a small smile. No one would be getting past the Gates while he guarded them.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Wise Odo
...(((((.....

"Take care, Sheriff Mirabella!, I sense something..."
"Oh Gorbadoc! I don't mean to scoff - but we've gone no more than a hundred yards!"
"Nevertheless - Hide in these alcoves... put out your torches, Sheriffs! Sometimes the Wisdom of long experience must overrule the enthusiasm of youth. Quiet Mirabella! My bunyon's are throbbing. I sense the approach of someone.... or some thing...!"

....))))...j

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Mirabella Banks
...((((....

"Now that was peculiar. I was trying to make pyschic contact with Wise Odo for advice - and suddenly I was him! But I got better."
"You did have a strange gleam in your eye, Mirabella, I almost thought I was talking to Wise Odo for a moment - it's all the pressure of this mission, I guess - making us imagine all sorts of nonsense! - but be quiet now... the someone or some thing is still approaching...!"
"Yes, Gorbadoc... Aye, Sir!"

....))))....

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion
Third Consul Charon and Lord Sir Eldorion awaited the arrival of their charge for the full moon - Baron Ironfang, a great noble of Futura, and apparent werewolf. A special cell in the dungeons of the penitentiary wing of the Fortress of Lore had been prepared for the Baron, and they were now ready to secure him for his transformation....

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next