Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Lancebloke Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:49 am

Anyone heard from Azriel recently? Hope everything is OK with her.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:52 pm

No I haven't heard anything. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:54 pm

She had disappeared for a long time before, I don't remember if that was just a technical glitch in her communications or what.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:18 am

Happy Christmas to you all.

santa

there's no Grinch emojee so that will have to do.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:04 am

Since I'm going to India instead of going home I've spent my time in the local japanese cocktail bar.  Lots of young folks to chat with, not quite a British pub with eggnog and ale but it will do for the holidays.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:18 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Happy Christmas to you all.

santa

there's no Grinch emojee so that will have to do.
Merry Christmas, Figgs!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:51 am

Merry Christmas everyone!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:57 pm

{{ Merry Xmas Forumshire!! cheers cheers Cheerleader :carrot: May your New Year be filled with buckie! pub drunken }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:27 pm

{{ Hope your well Halfy, and all our other US members, weather seems bit wild in your part of the world right now. Stay safe folks. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:59 pm

The Atlantic is still warm enough that it takes the edge off the storms sweeping across the rest of the country. All we got is a couple of days with temps well below freezing and a cruel wind on the Christmas weekend when folks would largely be staying home anyway. But that's all behind us. I'm hoping the lingering airport snarls won't affect my international flight in a couple days.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:22 pm

Here's a video which they could have had a lot more fun with, but it's still an entertaining concept.

A young artist in New York decided she wanted to make a book showing the views from these tall skinny billionaire towers that popped up the last decade.  Problem is, how do you get inside?  It's not like they just happily open up to anyone who's curious about the view.

Then she bumped into a realestate agent, who told her that first, most of the properties were still sitting empty, and second, here was the language to use to convince real estate agents that she was in fact a billionaire looking for a second or third home.

So she pulled it off (discovered that it helps to act a little off kilter because billionaires have no reason to give a fuck) and made her book.  Not sure who else will be able to play the same trick after she made fools of the real estate agents, but at least we have her book. (actually, I bet Figgs could pull it off).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:12 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Hope your well Halfy, and all our other US members, weather seems bit wild in your part of the world right now. Stay safe folks. }}
Bah, whole lotta nothing for me. The weather isn't doing anything.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Us coastal people aren't getting it, it's the flyover folks who are getting hammered.

It was kinda cute, on friday I was walking through central park on one of those days the media was playing up as an abominable snowman type of situation; some people who knew I'd be walking around actually told me to "stay safe" (WTF!).  

So I was walking around in temps hovering around freezing, wind and a mist that that was alternating between mist and blows of snow.  Many people were in the park, a saxophonist was playing christmas songs (I was the only one who tipped that stalwart, what's wrong with people?). Suddenly I heard a bunch of voices cheering and went to investigate.   I heard one them shout "perfecto!".  It was a group of young people from somewhere down south come to NYC for the Christmas holiday - they were standing looking up at the skyline, and every time the mist shifted into snow they would cheer: they were getting what they traveled for, 10 seconds at time - a white christmas in NYC - and couldn't be happier. I don't think they'd ever seen snow before.  Just cute as all get out.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:31 pm

{{Well going on our press, well the BBC anyway their headline is the dramatic- 'US winter storm traps New York State residents in cars' and goes on to talk of - 'the worst storm of their lifetime'...'had been trapped in cars for more than two days'... State Governor Kathy Hochul  described the storm as "the blizzard of the century. It is [like] going to a war zone, and the vehicles along the sides of the roads are shocking."...More victims are expected to be discovered once melting snowdrifts reveal trapped vehicles and allow access to remote homes. '- BBC

So I was expecting you were having to shovel your way out your own front door Halfy and it turns out you've been knocking off in parks for a pleasant stroll listening to buskers!  Mad  }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:45 pm

halfwise wrote:Here's a video which they could have had a lot more fun with, but it's still an entertaining concept.

A young artist in New York decided she wanted to make a book showing the views from these tall skinny billionaire towers that popped up the last decade.  Problem is, how do you get inside?  It's not like they just happily open up to anyone who's curious about the view.

Then she bumped into a realestate agent, who told her that first, most of the properties were still sitting empty, and second, here was the language to use to convince real estate agents that she was in fact a billionaire looking for a second or third home.

So she pulled it off (discovered that it helps to act a little off kilter because billionaires have no reason to give a fuck) and made her book.  Not sure who else will be able to play the same trick after she made fools of the real estate agents, but at least we have her book. (actually, I bet Figgs could pull it off).

I could, Razz  You cant bullshit a bullshitter.  This would demand the right clothes though. Those real estate types can tell who you are just by looking at your shoes. They would look at your hands, no manicure, no money even if your clothes are crumpled, they have to be good clothes. Watch you could get away with an 'ironic' old watch, but only if its vintage or collectable. Its an art form.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:26 am

yeah, she said she had to do her nails and get the right shoes. She's Hungarian - I think it's easier to bullshit outside your own culture since you don't have the embedded hangups. More of a game.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:11 pm

I guess coming from New York the chaos of Mumbai wont be such of a culture shock. But who am I kidding I bet driving in Mumbai is like Mad Max on Tuk Tuks.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Yeah, it can take an hour to go 10 miles. I'll know first hand soon enough.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:07 pm

If you go to a nice restaurant ask for a Mango Lassi. its heavenly.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:30 pm

Oh I know about those, of course. but I'm sure what we get here doesn't compare.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:43 am

{{ Hoots man, its Hogmanay! pub Happy New year Forumshire! May yer lum aye reek! :carrot: Cheerleader :carrot: cheers drunken }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:52 pm

Och aye the noo Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:19 pm

Happy new year, all! My resolution is to spend more time here. More pc time so I can type more easily, less mobile time which is mainly just unfocused scrolling. Maybe that will help.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:32 am

Happy New Years!

I don't have much in the way of resolutions. Move and get a new girlfriend, are the main two. Razz

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:46 am

Happy new year everyone.

I'm not a resolution type of person as they so often get forgotten even with good intentions so I'll wish everyone the best with theirs!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum