Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 20 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 pm

The Word edit tool is crap, it misses obvious spelling mistakes.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 20 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:34 pm

I find it makes bad choices in what it considers bad spelling. There's been an unfortunate trend in America due to MS word to not double final consonants when adding suffixes to some words. "Travelled" and "gasses" and "modelling" are now "traveled" and "gases" and "modeling". Yet we are still setting the table and I nodded at my neighbor. Makes no damn sense.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:48 pm

yep that's why I find Grammarly so useful, it tends to pick up errors, although it does say I am always using the passive voice. No the passive voice confuses me. scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:52 pm

{{ Thats 'cause you dont have a passive voice Figg Very Happy Sofa }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Moon so true
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm

OMG second Moderna jab destroyed me. K.O. High fever, headache, nausea, can't get out of bed. This is the first time in 24 hours that the fever has gone down a bit, so making the most of it because it yoyos wildly. The guy who jabbed me said I might get a fever and I poo-poohed it. How wrong was I. No Its vey unpleasant but bearable so I wouldn't let it put you off. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be ok. Its worth it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:22 pm

You must have the immune system of a youngster - neither of my two jabs with moderna gave me anything more than a slightly sore arm.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm

I dunno what happened but it was pretty intense. This is the second day and my fever has gone down but still elevated temperature, my jabbed arm blew up, feel as weak as a very weak thing. Can hardly get out of bed, it feels like convalescing after an illness. Probably be ok tomorrow I hope. But maybe not. No

Talking of elevated temperatures what's all this with Canada having 50 degrees in the shade?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:02 pm

The whole continent has been under the Heat Interdict.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:04 pm

scary stuff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:00 pm

feel ok today, arm still blown up though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:42 pm

I definitely think that the intestine being the largest organ in the body and a second brain, has its own DNA memory. Just extrapolating on my own experience but I think depending on your origins certain foods which are benign to the Mediterranean intestine is certainly not benign for the northern European intestine. The Northern European is more potato and beer, and the Southern more pasta and wine. Pasta and wine makes me sick, the pasta blows up my stomach like a balloon, makes me put on weight and bungs me up, the wine is too acid. But give me potatoes until they are coming out of my ears and its A OK.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:04 pm

I do love potatoes. Only boiled cassava root beats them (especially if boiled, drained dry, then fried up like chips!)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:15 pm

yep potatoes are the best and considering Europeans only ate them since the c16 its amazing how they have become part of our intestine memory. Wheat is surely more ancient but pasta sure gives me the pip.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:35 pm

saw a badger, it was massive. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:13 pm

{{ They will definently give you indegestion Figg! Shocked }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:19 pm

{{ Happy 4th of July to all our UShobbits. cheers USA USA USA Celebrate safely! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:56 am

I was out in the woods with a bunch of hang glider types, we celebrated with a portative organ (playing Stars and Stripes Forever, natch) and a kazoo band.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Because of the hot dry weather there was a state-wide ban on outdoor burning except for barbecue grills and certain enclosed firepits, but the word was out that our beaches didn't have enforcement, so hundreds of families from adjacent counties descended on us and lit hundreds of beach fires along our beach Mad Extremely Crabbit
I've been putting a couple hours each morning into cleaning up after all the pigs

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:19 pm

When I light off fireworks outdoors, I try to collect and burn all the evidence. Some of those fireworks aren't completely spent, so it can get exciting.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:06 pm

well I've finally got round to booking my covid vaccines, my first jab is next week...hope i have a better reaction than Figgs did!

(My sister is registered disabled and in the vulnerable catgory but oddly she had little negative reaction to her jabs, my parents are in perfect health for their age but both were hit hard...wonder how I'll react, seems almost random)

And I do love potatoes...especially garlic/rosemary roasties...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:39 pm

{{ best of luck Malick- let us know how you get on I am sure you will be fine. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:39 pm

I wouldn't worry about it Malick, I get knocked out by a lot of vaccines. For that reason I can't have the flu vaccine, it gives me flu which is counterproductive so I don't bother. I think its pot luck and totally random and you will probably have no reaction at all, and if you do its not horrible just a bit inconvenient. Having the jab is very important so don't let it put you off. Do you know which one you are having?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm

hey Malick how did the jab go?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum