Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 am

AHHH NOOOO not the bloody deep-fake tech, creating digital zombies!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 8 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by azriel Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:26 am

https://www.facebook.com/stanceelements/videos/334241494408339/

Just...................whatever - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:05 pm

https://www.facebook.com/FunniestFamilyMoments/videos/577484282923681/

Could this be Halfy swimming ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:33 pm

I think they stuck a rug over him.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Seagulls seem to get bigger and creepier every year, took a photo of this unit a few days ago...he was even bigger than he seems in the pic...thankfully didn't have any chips for the bugger to nick...:

Just...................whatever - Page 8 S1190127

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:41 pm

He seems close to tree height. Basically a C-Rex.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:24 pm

https://twitter.com/Iwillleavenow/status/1172175476896325632

Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 pm

Had to dig through that to find it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi Blue! it has been ages since I last heard you were here, I hope you are well. Wave
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:14 am

Do all giant seagulls have that glint of Trumplican intelligence in their eye? 🤔

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello Blue, how are you ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:15 am

Just...................whatever - Page 8 Pen10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Sort of reminds me of the Americans spending $7 million to create a pen to write in space. The Russians handed out pencils.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 am

Both the Russians the Americans used pencils at first, but the tips would break off sometimes and float around the cabin, and sharpening them would also produce wood-shavings, dust, etc. After the fire in Apollo 1 the Americans were especially concerned about anything flammable on board, and so they purchased "anti-gravity pens" from the Fisher Pen Company. Paul C. Fisher had spent a million of his own dollars developing a rugged gas-powered pen (it had a pressurized ink-capsule within it), and offered it to NASA, who bought 400 of them from him in December of 1967 at 3 dollars each.

Eventually the Russians also used similar "space pens", although like the Americans they did at first try writing instruments like pencils.

The truth behind the anecdote says more about the power of the American economy to produce innovation than anything else.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm

That statement about pens/pencils was always presented mainly as a quip, though I never had reason to doubt it. But I never heard the true back story, thanks Forest.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:29 pm

{{ Wel thats my dinner sorted Twisted Evil }}

Just...................whatever - Page 8 117037693-3468687829861231-2182804821904388824-n

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:14 pm

:barf:

Who would do such a thing.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 pm

{{ What do you mean?! Everything is better with spices, various unwanted animal bits and sheep stomach lining! Nod Ive finally got the perfect pizza to go with my buckie Nod drunken }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am

silent I feel a bit queasy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:16 pm

{{ Dont see the fuss, its just all the weird bulbous, chewy purple and red bits that you cant readily or willingly identify and even the animal it came for would be surpised to know it had, stuffed in a handy stomach and boiled. Lovely with mashed turnip and potatoes and a wee dram Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:23 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 am

Oh I loved that, cartoon fitted so well with the music & the little guy got to the end ok. Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:22 pm

{{ I had no idea Airplane was a parody of a specific movie- I thought it was just a general disater film parody. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:25 am

How interesting! They sure do cannibalize their own.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum