The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows.

+3
halfwise
Orwell
Amarië
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows.

Post by Orwell Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Okay.... I did warn you, Amarie...

Le Queste de la Boukique (that’s Frenchhobbit)...

Now, once there was someone who liked Buckie... ummm... Buckie is a drink.... um... an alcoholic drink I think... ummm... Scotshobbits drink a lot of it... anyway.... once upon a time... I don’t know exactly when... maybe it was recently... or when hobbits in Forumshire... maybe it was France... no, it would have been Fjordianlandia I bet.... anyway it would have probably been in a time when things were greener... you know... grass and trees... mind you i’m Meaning tree leaves...so I guess it was Spring or Summer or Autumn... anyway, there is probably this guy... I don’t know if it’s Petty but I would assume it’s Petty... ...um....  oh f#&k, Amarie! I want my story... you promised! Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows.

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Awwww! I love you

I am trying, but there's that pesky detail of finding time to write...

But then again, I do think of this stoey when I procrastinate. So... eventually! Yes!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Amarië wrote:But then again, I do think of this stoey when I procrastinate. So... eventually! Yes!

It's funny how that happens. Laughing {{{And annoying to go through, for me anyway. Razz}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 am

Well, I think I’ll just have to keep mounting as much pressure as I can on you, Amarie (not bullying, mind!). As I hear, it is much easier to write when people like me (not bullies, mind!) put enormous remorseless unrelenting unending pressure on writers... Here to help! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 am

So if I get this right, when you feel the need to procrastinate, you procrastinate by procrastinating about writing the story?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:07 am

This is the longest story thread without a story even actually happening... Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Procrastinating about procrastinating, I can relate to that.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:41 pm

{{ I tried procrastinating once, but I didn't like it so I went and found something else to do instead Very Happy }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:47 pm

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:21 pm

halfwise wrote:So if I get this right, when you feel the need to procrastinate, you procrastinate by procrastinating about writing the story?

What tends to happen for me is that I know I have to do something that is a genuine obligation but I'm putting it off for one reason or another, there are other things I'd rather do, but if I really focused and put significant energy into them then I'd lose any plausible claim that I was about to start working on the other, more important thing. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:35 pm

I read a book and something came up about procrastinating. Apparently there is some evidence to suggest that procrastinating can actually be useful. One example given was Martin Luther King’s famous speech. He did not have it totally sorted until very close to giving the speech. He had been mulling over it in his head for days without sitting down and getting it all written down. We know the result. There were other examples given in the book, and the general idea resonated with me.

I find when things come to the crunch, I can get things done, and I think the pressure of time, the fizzing wick, can sometimes focus the mind, and with not enough time to stress over every detail, it’s almost a stream of consciousness thing, because its all been there bubbling away at the back of the brain just waiting to come out - without, as I said, time for all the self doubt and over-editorizing.

Not sure that procrastinating is a tool i’d deliberately use in important tasks, but it’s clearly not always necessarily a ‘panic stations’ thing either.

Mind, totally ignoring a task and not thinking (worrying?) about it is not what I or the book I read is talking about.

Anyway, where’s my story, Amarie!?!?!? Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:34 am

That rings true for me, although I often get somewhat panicky during that crunch time anyway. Razz Usually not enough to prevent me from doing any work, fortunately.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 am

I tend to psychologically deal with things bette4 that are right in my face than things that are ahead of me in time. As a sort of example, whenever I heard comrades talking about some pretty shitful, dangerous, or plain soul sapping jobs they attended, i’d be thinking: my god, how the hell did they handle that? But when I was attending jobs - usually running the show in the second half of my police career - I never had too much trouble handling things. Being there was always better for me than imagining myself there. Give me the job, but don’t give me time to think about it! Lol.

Still the same kind of thing now, actually. When a customer asks for an order, I say, yep, no problem, is next week good? Then it’s, oh fuck, how am I going to get an order together by then, I got not pots or plants suitable? But then its: okay, get started and see what you can come up with. Doing as opposed to thinking about doing is always better for my nervous state!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 am

Wait, what's this job with pots and plants and customer orders?  Have you been expanding your backyard projects without saying anything?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Awh, a green fingered copper I love you

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:29 pm

And still no buckie report. I know there's two young kids, but they can help write.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 pm

{{{ It can take some time to complete a quest for buckie-  believe me!! Mad Mad  And even longer to recover from it when its over. No }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:53 pm

You gotta get it from its source Smile  Who lives nearest ?  Malick Smile  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

https://www.buckfast.org.uk/

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:56 pm

{{{ My two favourite lines from that wiki page Laughing drunken drunken }}

' A diet of four bottles a day has been described as 'not conductive to a long life' in a Scottish court.'

'It has also earned the unofficial slogan, "Buckfast: gets you fucked fast".'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 am

halfwise wrote:Wait, what's this job with pots and plants and customer orders?  Have you been expanding your backyard projects without saying anything?

I have you know... Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Last night I dreamt about Team Rocket from Pokemon and they couldn't go down a flight of stairs because I hadn't finished the arrangement of doors on the deck below. Who's stressed? Clearly not me!

I want to go back. Castles and unicorns....

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Edinbu10

The Quest for Buckie. Coming soon. Or whenever. Who knows. - Page 2 Unicor10

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Hey! That's not Buckie! Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am

Don't judge a bottle by its cover ! Wink

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Whilst this may be shaping up as the best story thread without an actual story on it in the whole history of Forumshire, indeed, the only one truth be known, however, might I point out: well... where is it? Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

This is nothing less than story teasing: steasing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next