David H
malickfan
halfwise
azriel
Amarië
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELDORION!! - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELDORION!!

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 am

Nice! Anything in particular stand out this year? I don't know much about the convention, it's anime?

Bluebottle wrote:Here.. have a belated song, as well Smile (Forest will translate Sofa)

Mad

Well "bursdag" must be birthday. Perhaps that odd-shaped bear or dog is named Lubbertoss, so it's "Lubbertoss' birthday". "Hooray for ____ and day" is a line maybe...

And then the rest was just about how happy they were that the "hand puppets" were behaving themselves.

Yeah I'm pretty much fluent now.  study

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 am

Well, something like that anyway. (Doesn't help that it's sung in a northern dialect, I guess) Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Nice! Anything in particular stand out this year? I don't know much about the convention, it's anime?

Yeah, Otakon is one of the larger anime conventions in North America. Probably the funniest panel I went to was one about bad subtitling, mostly by fans working on bootleg versions. My favorites of the more informative panels I attended would have to include one about background art (I was only familiar with some of the art directors whose work was featured) and another from the same guy about the history of CG anime. I also really like that Otakon dedicates one of its video rooms for older anime and another for live-action movies, which was something that I sorta missed at Anime Central. I got to rewatch Royal Space Force (an anime movie) and also caught part of Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence, which I hadn't seen before, in the live-action room.

Fake edit: thanks for asking; I like getting to ramble about this stuff. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2