Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 35 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:39 am

{{{ New visual look for series 11-}}

'Production house Films at 59, which supplies the BBC’s Doctor Who studios in Roath Lock in Cardiff, is using Cooke anamorphic Prime lenses and Angenieux Optimo anamorphic zooms that will be used with Arri Alexa XT and Alex Mini cameras for series 11.

The intention is to bring an increased cinematic look to the show which started production at the end of October.

According to Bristol-based Films at 59’s Dave Wride this means a whole new visual feel to the show.

“The BBC have made a monumental leap here to enhance the look of Doctor Who and I’m sure the fans will not be disappointed with the distinctly cinematic results that this lens and camera combo will afford them,” he said.'- Radio Times

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:47 pm

oh deary me, it sounds like a PJ 'look at my new shiny kit', which turns out to look pants.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:23 pm

{{New trailer for the xmas ep! bounce bounce }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 pm

{{The press screening for the xmas episode has happened (minus the end with the regen-no one gets to see that till xmas day not even the press!) and the first spoiler free reviews are appearing, and so far sounding very promising indeed-

'Twice Upon A Time is the perfect swan song for both Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat....this very special special has all the hallmarks of a Doctor Who classic. Humour, surprises, nostalgia, festive flair, and a hell of a lot of emotion. Seriously, we’d have the Kleenex handy alongside your Quality Street....Mark Gatiss, a lifelong Doctor Who superfan, is brilliant as the Captain, weaving himself into the storyline perfectly. Meanwhile, David Bradley – who previously played William Hartnell in An Adventure In Space And Time – is a delight. ...However, this is Capaldi’s episode. As the Doctor’s final battle was wrapped up in The Doctor Falls, the Christmas special can simply focus on Capaldi’s acting. His comedy timing shines through brilliantly, with his back and forth with Bradley a standout moment. And when it comes time for him to regenerate, we can promise you there won’t be a dry eye in the house.'- Metro

'Really rather special, this one....he journey the story takes is really quite something...so much of Twice Upon A Time works. I found it a wonderful wallop of an episode, with strong emotional moments, an ensemble of characters where I cared and was engaged with every one....Capaldi’s performance? Well, what do you think. From the moment he stepped into the world of Doctor Who, it felt like he owned the role. For his finale, his work is sublime. Generous, haunting, funny and utterly moving, his farewell is brilliant. Again, I’ll leave the detail there for now. We're sure going to miss him, though...It’s premium Steven Moffat writing we get here, too, and finds him ending on a very high point as well....The pacing of Twice Upon A Time is terrific. There’s no rush to suddenly wrap things up, there’s no skimping over the Doctor Who story at the heart of the episode (and there very much is one), and there’s time built in for some often really quite profound conversations. There are surprising moments that hit really hard, because they’ve been given the space to...A word, too, for the sheer look of Twice Upon A Time....The lighting work isn’t often singled out in Doctor Who write-ups, but it really should be here. There’s a flavour of one or two classic movies, and a real sense of scale to some of the bigger moments. One of Moffat’s finest decisions on Doctor Who has been to get director Rachel Talalay involved, and her direction is really something...Reports suggest that Murray Gold’s time on the show is at a close too, incidentally. His score is worth pre-ordering. I can comfortably say that...But then the whole episode is. It really hit me hard, this one. There are themes at the heart of it that go beyond the inevitable emotion of everyone’s goodbyes, and I found myself utterly gripped by it.'- Den of Geek

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:16 pm

http://www.redbrick.me/television/slider-tv/david-bradley-question-time/

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

{{{{ Capaldi wrote a rather nice letter to the Who team when he was unable to make the press screening for the xmas ep-

'“I’m sorry I can’t be there today,” Capaldi began, before thanking his Doctor Who co-workers “for sharing their good humour, talent and life with me over the last four years.
“And particularly Steven Moffat’s, who has brought so much to Doctor Who, even more than might be realised today, but will be seen clearly in the future.
“I’d like to thank everyone who loves the show for sharing it with me,” he went on. “And sharing the boundless generosity of spirit that it embodies.
I wish Jodie [Whittaker] and the new Tardis team all the best for the future, and the past, and everything in between. I look forward to watching them journey to new and wonderful places.
“For me, it’s been an amazing trip. I went to the end of time. I met fantastical creatures. And I blew them up.
“But now it’s over,” the actor concluded. “Time I was off.”

Interesting comment he made about Moffat there too.

And Moffat himself has been talking about being asked to become showrunner by RTD-

"The big one for me wasn't getting the showrunner job, it was actually getting asked to write for the show at all," he recalled. "I remember I'd just hurt my knee, so I was in a bad mood. I was going to the Comedy Awards later that evening and my agent phoned me and said, 'How would you feel about doing a two-part Doctor Who?'
"It was all I could think about... 'I'm actually going to write Doctor Who, I'm going to write the word 'TARDIS' - and it won't be in crayon this time! It'll be actual actors! I won't have to make my own little puppets!'
"So I was so excited. I was absolutely buzzing. Thrilled. And then it escalated beyond that. I got asked back every year by Russell [T Davies] and then when Russell was leaving, he sent me an e-mail asking if I'd like to take it over."
It's just been nothing but joy. Joy and terror and far too much work, but never let anyone tell you that you should worry about getting your dreams, because it's really nice. It's really great.
"But when asked how he'd like to be remembered, he replied that he'd much rather that fans looked forward, to the next series in 2018.
"The thing about Doctor Who is, while he travels in space and time, he's all about now. So in a way, don't worry about remembering, keep enjoying it now. Go and watch Jodie [Whittaker]'s adventures, because that's what matters now.
"I've seen a tiny bit of Jodie, she's absolutely amazing. So that's going to be extraordinary." }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:oh deary me, it sounds like a PJ 'look at my new shiny kit', which turns out to look pants.

But very, very expensive pants. Like these! $250k!

All New Who - Page 35 260fba60d1d65c3ab12e3aa1dc3cec7f

Wait... what's that? They look terrible despite the cost?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 am

{{I find the comments on this vid humorous in a Who way - back when Capaldi started any vid of 12 was full of comments on how his Doctor was terrible and unlikable and Moffat was ruining the show (again!)- now he is leaving the comments are full of 'best Doctor ever', 'greatest actor to ever play the Doctor' and 'I dont want you to go!'- ah the Who way!! Very Happy }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 am

{{{{ Right to the end of his time as the Doctor Capladi is still a fantastic ambassador for the show-

'Daniel's mum Tracey Norton said it was ok to share what she just told me..proof that Peter Capaldi is a top man and it was not only Daniel who got a kick out of his visit.
"It has made the whole children's ward happy. He went round to other teens on the ward as he left, and the school room, he asked if he could say hello, the ward did not ask him. Very kind man. The other kids faces. He then came back and said.....now what about the nurses.....They went crazy. Everyone is still buzzing. It was a gift to the ward for Xmas as well as Daniel. Some parents knocked on my door last night and said thank you x
They all took photos, he was sooooo happy to do it and that Daniel brought joy to other sick kids handmade me very happy x
Staff pretended not to look at him, he noticed and said...You can have a picture if you want....the junior doctors were shocked, they are young guys, into Dr Who. One showed me his phone cover that was Dr Who and I said get him to sign it, he was happy to do anything. An amazing man x"
"I'm the Doctor and I save people"...damn right you do mate.'

All New Who - Page 35 12316414_1088326987868845_2817703306702972080_n

And its not like its done for the publicity- as is normal when Capaldi does these things we only hear about when the family post something like this.
Its not just big acting shoes Whitaker has to fill to be the Doctor.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:20 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 pm

{{{Only 4 days till Doctor Who Day bounce bounce bounce }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Feels like yesterday I was sitting down to watch Deep Breath in the cinema, four bloody years already? How did that happen? Shocked scratch affraid

As excited as I am to see the 1st/12th Doctor interaction, I am approaching this episode with a huge degree of sadness, Capaldi isn't my first Doctor nor is he my favourite (McGann is top due to the audios) but I've adored his era and Doctor, being hooked from the first glimpse of those angry eyebrows, this is the first Doctor handover I will have watched as a hardcore fan rather than casual viewer, it's going to be a hard thing to see happen.

That said the bold new direction Chibnall and Jodie will be going in is sure to refresh and reboot the show in an exciting new direction and I'm cautiously intrigued/excited to see where this leads the show next...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:50 pm

The series 9 soundtrack is getting a long overdue official release:

http://mailchi.mp/silvascreen/dw9

An entire disc dedicated to Heaven Sent? cheers

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:13 am

{{1 day till Doctor Who day!!! cheers Hankies at the ready!! Sad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 am

{{ Happy Doctor Who Day! bounce bounce bounce bounce }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:57 pm

{{{Thoughts later not got time- BBC have put up the regen though so huge SPOILERS if you havent seen it yet- goodnight 12 and hello 13! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Got any nifty links for us? bounce

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:21 pm

Nevermind,we've got it Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:03 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:28 am

What the heck! You can't just be watching that kind of scene out of context. Shame for posting that link Petty!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 am

{{You shouldnt be watching it out of context Forest! Mad It did have a huge SPOILER warning on it- and blame Auntie Beeb, its an official posting from the Doctor Who youtube channel! }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:16 am

wow Moffat was scraping crumbs off the floor in this saccharine Christmas special, talk about derivative pap. I liked the last minute though.   Surprised
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:28 am

{{ Derivative of what exactly Figg? scratch
Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:16 am

Ahhhh.... 2018! New year, same battle.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum