halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 9 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 pm

malickfan wrote:Completely on board with a female Doctor-assuming the actress is right for the part and wasn't cast soley to tick a box or give the writers an excuse to burden the show with unnecessary gender politics.

Not familiar with Waller-Bridges work but I like her look.

As long as the next Doctor isn't stunt casting or a David Tennant clone then I'll be happy with most choices.

Nod What he said.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 pm

still want a ginger.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:still want a ginger.

*sigh* I suppose if I absolutely had to I could live with this for a doctor:

All New Who - Page 9 Julia-bergshoeff-frederikke-falbe-rianne-van-rompaey-m-le-monde-september-2015-1

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 pm

'The new series of Doctor Who will see the Time Lord joined by his first openly gay companion.

Bill Potts's sexuality will be revealed pretty much straightaway in her second line of dialogue when the show returns to BBC One on 15 April.

"It shouldn't be a big deal in the 21st Century. It's about time isn't it?" Pearl Mackie, who plays Bill, told the BBC.

"That representation is important, especially on a mainstream show."

She added: "It's important to say people are gay, people are black - there are also aliens in the world as well so watch out for them.

"I remember watching TV as a young mixed race girl not seeing many people who looked like me, so I think being able to visually recognise yourself on screen is important."

"[Being gay] is not the main thing that defines her character - it's something that's part of her and something that she's very happy and very comfortable with."- BBC News

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 pm

It's shouldn't matter, but sadly we don't live in that world yet. Sad

On the subject of ginger; I found that Kristofer even got a pretty good Tennant eyebrow thing down.

All New Who - Page 9 13534567_588817164623115_670702918_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI4MDQ4ODU1ODY3MDYxODUxNQ%3D%3D

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 pm

{{ On a completely different subject- I have long argued that the 11th Doctors run is a fairy story, so I tried a small experiment, here is the 11th Doctors story, as a fairy tale }}

The 11th Doctor era- Moffats fairy tale.

A young princess called Amy, threatened by an unknown evil magic and though unknown to her under a curse, encounters a wizard with a magic box. The wizard use his magic wand to seemingly end the curse and then he leaves promising to return in a short time in his magic box and take her on a trip.

The wizard disappears and the princess packs a bag and waits for him. But he does not return.

In the intervening years the Princess is shunned for her instance that the wizard was real, and her family send her to see physicians, but none can shake her belief in the wizard.

When she was grown up the Princess met a Prince named Rory and though she fell in love with him she was never settled or satisfied and coud find no peace, and always she was looking out for the return of the wizard.

Also unknown to the Princess the evil magic had not in fact gone away and all this time its curse has been active, taking from her life and her memory those closest to her, including her parents.

It was then that the wizard returned in his magic box and the Princess leaves her Prince behind to go with him on the eve of her marriage.

They meet River on their travels, a fairy godmother who may be good or evil, but she can appear and disappear and she has foreknowledge of things to come and she helps the Princess and the wizard defeat evil monsters known as Weeping Angels which terrify the Princess who nearly died at their hands.

The wizard takes her back to the Prince and together they go on adventures together, occasionally aided by River who appears and disappears at important moments in their lives.
Finally the Princess is struck down by a coalition of the wizards enemies and put in another magic box made by the wizards enemies where she must remain sleeping for 2000 years whilst her Prince guards her outside.

Finally the wizard saves the Princess, and she in return saves him from the curse too using the power of words as a magic spell to bring him back, words he had implanted in her memory for just this occasion. They are released from her curse,, her parents are restored and she marries her Prince and all three go off together in the wizards magic box.

series 6

An evil witch called Kovarian wages war on the wizard to prevent him performing some unknown magic in the future. She makes a prophesy about a placed called Trenzalore.

The Princess and Prince are now happily married. The Princess is pregnant but she is kidnapped by the evil witch and her baby is taken from her.
The child has spells performed upon her so she will be the perfect agent to kill the wizard when she grows up. She is named River.
But the wizards goodness overcomes the witches spells at the very last and she breaks free of the spell and instead falls in love with the wizard. But they have to part ways.

But the evil witch is not finished yet and the spells were not all broken. River is recaptured by the witch and forced to kill the wizard. But yet again the wizard was a step ahead of them and used his own magic to trick them into only believing he was dead. But as part of this ruse River has to go to prison for the crime, but the wizard secretly comes and magics her away every night in his box and returns her to her cell afterwards.
Rivers curse is broken and she becomes the fairy godmother they have come to know.

The Princess and Prince accept River as their daughter.

series 7

The Princess and the Prince come to realise they cannot go on forever traveling with the wizard but want to settle down but are torn between the two until the Weeping Angels return, who haunted Amy in the past, and magic the Prince away into the past and she must choose to stay with the wizard or follow him and never see her wizard friend again.
She chooses out of love and to have a settled life with her Prince and they live out their lives together happily in the past. But the wizard is left alone and devastated and goes into mourning.

Eventually the wizard finds himself at the Prophesied Trenzalore and discovers it is the place where he is to die at the hands of his enemies- the only way to save himself is to say a magic word that will bring more of his kind into the world from the other world where they reside to save him, but doing so will start a huge war with all the wizards enemies who have come to stop him saying the magic.

The evil witch is revealed to be a mere emissary of all those who oppose the wizard and wish to prevent the war by preventing him speaking the word- instead they wish to utterly destroy Tenzalore and all its people so the wizard cannot speak the magic word there. But the wizard renounces his days of travel and sacrifices himself to defending the people of Trenzalore. He uses his knowledge and magic to defend Trenzalore from all comers for 900 years until he is old and dying, when finally he gives himself to his enemies and is at last rewarded by forgiveness from his own people, who use the damage caused by the evil magic as a means to save him.

The wizard dies but is renewed and restored to life with a whole new life cycle.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:19 am

{{{ I like what the actress says here, I like the sound of the character and I like the little bits we see here- but it makes me somewhere between sad and angry that the fact her character is gay is somehow considered worthy of a news bulletin! Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:25 pm

it smacks of publicity stunt to me. just let her be gay without the hype. I really hope they are not going to make her a token gay, I hope its natural and part of her, I mean whats her sexuality got to do with Dr Who. are they going to make it a 'thing' and remind us every 5 minutes. cant wait for Chibnall, this is irritating me already.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:31 pm

A thoroughly heterosexual female Doctor and her gay female companion? And I mean a 'thoroughly' heterosexual female Doctor! (Or sexually neutral - the Doctor has mostly been kinda neutral, mostly... maybe???) Wow. What an interesting set of ideas might be generated from that! The companion keen on the Doctor, but the Doctor can never return love in the way or form her companion desires.... (Remember, the Doctor can and never - MUST never! - return the love in the way or form some companions would like!!!!!!!!) Now, that could lead to some very unstereotypical understories in the storylines. Unstereotypical? Why not? (Providing the show does not go the way if pathos. Subtlety MUST be the order of the day!)

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:35 am

{{Short teasers (based on a speech of Moffats he said in reply to a question at a panel years ago) being released by the BBC in the run up to the new series- 2 so far }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

{{{ Second trailer for series 10- mainly the same as first one but with a few (meaty) extra shots and bots thrown into the mix}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:42 pm

{{ This is fun- NuWho humour Very Happy }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm

S10 Episode 1 airs on Saturday 15th April 7.20 PM.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-04/theres-a-surprise-so-big-in-the-new-series-of-doctor-who-that-it-comes-with-a-countdown

Someone on twitter who claims to have been at a screening for the episode says the spoiler is:

Spoiler:

No idea if that is true...but it certainly fits with other rumours and news I've read...according to several people on Gallifreybase the person behind this leak was also the first person to leak John Hurt's casting as the War Doctor so it seems it could be legitimate (though I thought it was rather obvious Hurt was playing the time war Doctor from the start).

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 pm

The first reviews for S10 episode 1 are out:

https://www.cnet.com/news/doctor-who-season-10-opens-with-a-new-pilot-episode-peter-capaldi-steven-moffat-pearl-mackie/

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/48471/doctor-who-series-10-the-pilot-spoiler-free-review

(Apparently, it is revealed The Doctor has been teaching at the University for Decades...which assuming it refers to the 12th Doctor alone, means that Nardole is one of the Doctors longest running companions...typical Moffat, people have been asking for a Male Companion for years and he finally gives us one...only to have all their adventures happen offscreen).

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:09 pm

{{Trying to keep clear of major spoilers details so will avoid those fo rnow!

According to the Mirror today forget a female Doctor or an older actor, they claim the BBC is looking to cast a young male and a young female companion to recapture the Ten/Rose years -apparently because merchandising sales have fallen with the 12th Doctor- maybe not taking the show of the air for over a year might help with that! Idiots!
But if Chibnal is forced to go with a 10/Rose clone it will probably be my cue to tune out again! It was bad enough and embarrassing enough the first time round Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Trying to keep clear of major spoilers details so will avoid those fo rnow!

According to the Mirror today forget a female Doctor or an older actor, they claim the BBC is looking to cast a young male and a young female companion to recapture the Ten/Rose years -apparently because merchandising sales have fallen with the 12th Doctor- maybe not taking the show of the air for over a year might help with that! Idiots!
But if Chibnal is forced to go with a 10/Rose clone it will probably be my cue to tune out again! It was bad enough and embarrassing enough the first time round  Mad }}}

Yeah,if that Twitter spoiler is true...it's a whopper!

If they do go with a 10/Rose clone I'll probably be tuning out again...

...And The S*n is now claiming

Spoiler:

If either of these rumours are true, sounds like Moffat is throwing everything he can at the finale...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm

What!? We've hardly had anything BUT variations of Rose/10.
Grrrrrrrrr...

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 pm

{{ Well I dont agree with that, not Clara in terms of it being overt, especially not Amy and certainly not reciprocated, the Doctor is horrified at the very notion and Bill doesn't look like she will be a Rose either (thats every companion in Moffat era- no Roses thank Eru!), Bill certainly isn't going to fancy the Doctor (unless she is a Chibnal masterplan plant- and he is going to keep Bill, change the Doctor to a woman and then he can still have companion falls in love with Doctor story Mad  ) and I dont think Nardol is there as a love interest either! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:22 am

Yeah because The Sun is so trustworthy! That page had links to nothing but smut!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 am

I will tune out of this coming season, it looks boring.

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:25 am

Mrs Figg wrote: I will tune out of this coming season, it looks boring.

Spoiler:

Hmmm... I am inclined to agree. The story was odd, but from what I recall he did a good job.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 pm

{{{Simm veered all over the place for me- partly down to the writing, partly performance. Some scenes I'd like the take on the Master- the scene in downing Street for example, others not so much. And I dont even think of that 'super' Master zapping about like a demented pinball yelling he's hungry all the time as a proper Master, its that bad and awkwardly written with no reasoning behind it save some handwavery excuse, its just there to serve as a cheap plot device.
So far Gomez gets my vote, not just on performance but on the writing of her relationship with the Doctor and his with her. Its far more reminiscent of the classic Who relationship between the two characters, particularly the 3rd Doctor and the original Master. And she hasnt put in a bad performance or been in a bad episode so far unlike Simm's version. And at least Moffat hasnt retro altered the entire character with some halfarsed idea about the Time Lords making him bad by inserting a drumbeat in his head from childhood- that he never mentioned at all throughout classic, and which so far Moffat seems to have just pretended didn't happen. Thankfully. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Assuming Simm is actually returning, I wonder if we will see a double Master regeneration?, maybe Missy shoots him to force a regeneration into her, he gets annoyed and pushes her off a cliff or something before the process is complete (Chibnall will probably want to cast his own Master and it would be Moffat's last chance for timey wimeyness).

Lots of rumours floating around that the 13th Doctor has been cast and will make a surprise cameo in Series 10...some are suggesting it's a White male in his mid 30's (aka a Tennant clone) others are suggesting it's a woman, Vicky McClure is one named being bandied about.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:31 pm

{{Maybe we will have the Gomez Missy and the Simm Master working together- afterall if the Doctor can cross his own time line occasionally and meet himself would be fun and interesting to see the Master do the same. Its never happened before. And would be just like Moffat in his last year to think of something else no one else has in over 50 years! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:21 pm

I liked Derek Jacobi as the Master.  Very Happy

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum