azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 pm

If you think I know something about Elven pronunciation you will be sorely disappointed. The only thing I know is they say "GloRfindel" not "Glohfindel".

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi, Amarië! Hope that things are going well for you. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:32 pm

I saw this & thought of David keeping his eye on scurrilous Scotshobbits rolling inebriated in his cranberry patches Very Happy

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Farmer_dave

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 pm

And then I saw this ????

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Spuds

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Cool rooster.

I hate having to chew around the bones in potatoes. We managed to breed the seeds out of grapes; good to see agricultural breeding has caught up with potatoes.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:26 pm

& thought of David keeping his eye on scurrilous Scotshobbits rolling inebriated in his cranberry patches - Azriel

{{{You should be ashamed! Mad I suffer from the genuine medical condition of incontinence!! (ok it only seems to strike after the 10th buckie barrel but its still a medical condition!!! drunken ) Mad Besides I add a unique flavour to the crop that gives Daves cranberries an extra Celtic zing Nod (and for some reason also makes it highly flammable Shrugging ) }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

azriel wrote:I saw this & thought of David keeping his eye on scurrilous Scotshobbits rolling inebriated in his cranberry patches Very Happy

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Farmer_dave

Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked  Shocked Shocked  Shocked

A giant robotic cock???!!!

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:18 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: a unique flavour to the crop that gives Daves cranberries an extra Celtic zing ... ) }}}}

... and adds a healthy "hazardous waste" charge to the disposal fee. Mad Mad Banghead

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 am

"A giant robotic cock???!!!"....... Dave

Where ?! Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:& thought of David keeping his eye on scurrilous Scotshobbits rolling inebriated in his cranberry patches - Azriel

{{{You should be ashamed! Mad I suffer from the genuine medical condition of incontinence!! (ok it only seems to strike after the 10th buckie barrel but its still a medical condition!!! drunken ) Mad  Besides I add a unique flavour to the crop that gives Daves cranberries an extra Celtic zing Nod (and for some reason also makes it highly flammable Shrugging ) }}}}

NOW we know where the mystery of Marsh gas comes from Very Happy Its liitle wee Scotshobbits probably burrowing underground.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 am

https://www.facebook.com/NTDLifeOfficial/videos/420104875167646/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Wow.

That first building with the red roof is very well constructed.

I don't know why that telephone pole exploded. I thought it took water inside to do that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:38 pm

{{Completely random thought that occurred to me whilst rewatching an old 50's b movie favourite of mine Them! (if you've never seen it dont read this go watch it- got a fantastic opening too that nicely builds up to the reveal).
Anyhow it was the basic narrative that got me thinking- here's what basically happens in Them!

Some folk go missing, some other folk are sent in to investigate, they find a traumatized sole survivor, a young girl and take her into their care. They investigate further and find that more people have gone missing and learn small clues, such as sugar supplies being taken or torn apart and consumed, or bite marks left behind. Eventually the cause is revealed as massive mutant ants caused by mankind testing weapons of mass destruction in the desert. Eventually the heroes have to storm the nest, and the eggs are destroyed by flamethrower whilst the hero then barely escapes with their life before the timed explosives go off destroying the queen ant and taking out the entire nest.

Sound familiar? It should if you have ever seen Aliens- its the same basic plot and story as Them!- I just never noticed before.

Aliens- colony goes missing, people sent in to investigate, they discover the colonist have been taken and they find a sole traumatized survivor, a young girl, Newt. They investigate further and uncover clues such as a lab of face huggers and acid burrns. The eventually discover a nest of Aliens is behind it, created by species unknown as some sort of bio-weapon and wanted by humans as a weapon. And the hero finally has to go into the nest, destroys the eggs by flamethrower before barely escaping with her life before the alien nest and the colony explode killing the Queen and wiping out the nest.

Mmmm, guess Cameron was a fan! }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:16 pm

I remember catching a bit of that on the telly. It was done in a way that holds your attention. Well thought-out camera angles and editing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Petty - I dont think there is much left that isn't inspired by (directly or not) some previous work so doesn't surprise me.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 pm

{{{True enough Lance- and wasnt having a go at Cameron or anything for 'borrowing' just amazed that having seen aliens several times and Them! lots and lots of times that I never noticed before how similar they are in many ways }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 am

Have you seen Alien Covenant? I watched it for the first time a few days back.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

Eldorion wrote:Hi, Amarië! Hope that things are going well for you. Smile

Hrooom huuuum. Hi! I'm doing quite well. Nothing to complain about. Hrooo rrroooommm. (That was so worth the wait, huh?! Laughing )

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 17th_century_poison_in_book

17th century poison inside a book

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 am

They took a lot of care with that damn thing. pale Would like to know the history behind it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 am

I found only this ?
Some people have failed to embrace digital books because they lack that tectonic feel and book smell. Books have always been hollowed out and things stashed in it, from money to jewelry.  If you were an assassin in the 17th century you might also hide the essential tools of the trade.
This cabinet is actually the real deal and not just a viral picture. It was initially offered for sale for 5200 euros via the German auction house Hermann Historica back in 2008. The auction catalog identified the book as a ‘poisoner’s cabinet’, and much of the press coverage centered on its potential as an assassin’s arsenal, but many of the plants included have, or were reputed to have curative as well as toxic properties."
https://bookaddictionuk.wordpress.com/2014/11/16/a-book-of-poison-or-medieval-cures-book-of-the-week/
"

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:17 pm

All Hallows Night..........MWHOAR HA HA HA HA HA !

Stingy Jack, perhaps also known as Jack the Smith, Drunk Jack, and Jack of the Lantern, is a mythical character apparently associated with All Hallows Eve. It is common lore that the "jack-o'-lantern" is derived from the character.
As the story goes, several centuries ago amongst the myriad of towns and villages in Ireland, there lived a drunkard known as "Stingy Jack".
Jack was known throughout the land as a deceiver, manipulator and otherwise dregs of society. On a fateful night, the devil overheard the tale of Jack's evil deeds and silver tongue. Unconvinced (and envious) of the rumors, the devil went to find out for himself whether or not Jack lived up to his vile reputation.
Typical of Jack, he was drunk and wandering through the countryside at night when he came upon a body on his cobblestone path. The body with an eerie grimace on its face turned out to be the Devil.
Jack realized somberly this was his end; the devil had finally come to collect his malevolent soul. Jack made a last request: he asked the devil to let him drink ale before he departed to hell. Finding no reason not to acquiesce the request, the devil took Jack to the local pub and supplied him with many alcoholic beverages. Upon quenching his thirst, Jack asked the devil to pay the tab on the ale, to the devil's surprise. Jack convinced the devil to metamorphose into a silver coin with which to pay the bartender (impressed upon by Jack's unyielding nefarious tactics). Shrewdly, Jack stuck the now transmogrified devil (coin) into his pocket, which also contained a crucifix. The crucifix's presence prevented the devil from escaping his form. This coerced the devil to agree to Jack's demand: in exchange for the devil's freedom, the devil had to spare Jack's soul for 10 years.
Ten years later to the date when Jack originally struck his deal, he found himself once again in the devil's presence. Same as the setting before, Jack happened upon the devil and seemingly accepted it was his time to go to hell for good. As the devil prepared to take him to the underworld, Jack asked if he could have one apple to feed his starving belly. Foolishly the devil once again agreed to this request. As the devil climbed up the branches of a nearby apple tree, Jack surrounded its base with crucifixes. The devil, frustrated at the fact that he been entrapped again, demanded his release. As Jack did before, he made a demand: that his soul never be taken by the devil into hell. The devil agreed and was set free.
Eventually the drinking and unstable lifestyle took its toll on Jack; he died the way he lived. As Jack's soul prepared to enter heaven through the gates of St. Peter he was stopped. Jack was told that because of his sinful lifestyle of deceitfulness and drinking, he was not allowed into heaven. The dreary Jack went before the Gates of Hell and begged for commission into underworld. The devil, fulfilling his obligation to Jack, could not take his soul. To warn others, he gave Jack an ember, marking him a denizen of the netherworld.
From that day on until eternity's end, Jack is doomed to roam the world between the planes of good and evil, with only an ember inside a hollowed turnip to light his way.
Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Happy_Halloween_Jack_O_Lantern_by_GENZOMAN

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Anger

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:13 pm

azriel wrote:Just...................whatever [7] - Page 27 Anger

Laughing :facepalm:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm

https://www.facebook.com/NatureFinestTouch/videos/426316174402373/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum