azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:It's good to finally put a face to the name, Malick! You've got way more mustache than me. I can sort of grow a beard, though it's still a bit patchy, but my mustache remains mostly uncooperative.

Yeah the moustache grows really quickly (I think I was ginger when I was born, and retained a large ginger streak in my actual hair for the first few years of my childhood) and if the beard doesn't work out perhaps I could try and rock the Andy Parsons look in a couple of years Laughing

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 Andy-parsons_4

(He's a English stand up comedian who was a panelist on 'Mock The Week' for many years)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:52 pm

So ladies (and men I guess), am I hot or not? Suspect Question  :brows:

(My younger brother has a full beard and he could grow it when he was 18-19, and the git still has his full head of hair...grumble)

Last edited by malickfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 pm

I think it's only fair we get a recent selfie of everyone else for comparison's sake :drum:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Eldorion wrote:It's good to finally put a face to the name, Malick! You've got way more mustache than me. I can sort of grow a beard, though it's still a bit patchy, but my mustache remains mostly uncooperative.

I think the hairs from my head are regrouping on my face Laughing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Mrs Figg was in one of Halfy's old photo collages (there might have an updated version later; can't remember).

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t776p25-things-that-are-making-you-crabbit-4#103567

The most recent photo I have of me isn't a selfie but my dad took it on Christmas morning (he was really surprised to see me actually smiling; the things I'm holding are my presents from Baingil). Also illustrates what I just said about my facial hair, though it's grown out a bit more in the intervening two weeks. (It takes a while for it actually look sort of beard-ish. Razz)

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 DoYU9Oph
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Random question...do I actually look 25? Kinda hard to tell from the lighting/angle but I had quite a youthful complexion until my early 20's and actually got asked for age I.D as recently as a year ago (jesus, what kind of poor 17 year old looks like that???), I certainly don't feel my age though the hairline is proving an annoyance this early in my youth.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Eldorion wrote:Mrs Figg was in one of Halfy's old photo collages (there might have an updated version later; can't remember).

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t776p25-things-that-are-making-you-crabbit-4#103567

The most recent photo I have of me isn't a selfie but my dad took it on Christmas morning (he was really surprised to see me actually smiling; the things I'm holding are my presents from Baingil). Also illustrates what I just said about my facial hair, though it's grown out a bit more in the intervening two weeks. (It takes a while for it actually look sort of beard-ish. Razz)

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 DoYU9Oph

I feel like you've got an older looking face than me (I don't mean that in an offensive way) and your beard is thicker around the jawline (whereas mine has always been thicker on the sides and mosutache) but like i said, early days for me in the face fungus department.

Going to have a look at that old thread and see which names I could put to faces...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 pm

I would've guessed you were in your 20s just from the picture. Shrugging I know here a lot of places that serve alcohol ask for IDs regardless of how old people look, or at the very least until they look like they're in their 50s or so.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:08 pm

One of my teachers at college told me he got I.D'd once when he was 34!

Looking at the old picture (can't quote because the thread is locked) I recognise you, Az, Norc, Chris, Lelee, Petty and possibly Am but not sure on the others.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:09 pm

And nice to see you can get good chocolate in the US, love Lindor stuff (but not their prices!).

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

It was kinda funny because we'd been talking about liking truffles in early December and then both got them for each other. Laughing They're really good though so I'm definitely not complaining. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

malickfan wrote:Looking at the old picture (can't quote because the thread is locked) I recognise you, Az, Norc, Chris, Lelee, Petty and possibly Am but not sure on the others.

In addition to the people you mentioned, the collage also shows Dave, Elena, Figg, Halfy, Nagual, and Orwell.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 Forums16
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:It was kinda funny because we'd been talking about liking truffles in early December and then both got them for each other. Laughing They're really good though so I'm definitely not complaining. Nod

They've got a shop at

https://gunwharf-quays.com/

https://www.visitportsmouth.co.uk/shopping/gunwharf-quays-p272331

(About 10 miles away from where I live) and I've spent far too much money on their pick and mix selection over the years (the strawberry white chocolate and champagne ones are the nicest).

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Eldorion wrote:
malickfan wrote:Looking at the old picture (can't quote because the thread is locked) I recognise you, Az, Norc, Chris, Lelee, Petty and possibly Am but not sure on the others.

In addition to the people you mentioned, the collage also shows Dave, Elena, Figg, Halfy, Nagual, and Orwell.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 33 Forums16

Let's see...Dave is in the baseball cap next to the shed right? Elena is before my time but is the elf I think? Figg is wearing the knitted hat? Nagual is next to Petty but I'm not sure who is who, Halfy's got the guitar and Orwell is in the shades attempting to dance?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Have I now started a beard selfie contest?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Ah I was partly right at least...would it be a bad thing to say I instantly knew it was Figgs from her scowling expression? Laughing Sofa

Interesting that the forum seems to be largely split between groups in their early 20's and those in early middle age, does Tolkien not appeal to 30 year olds?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm a little dissapointed Petty dosen't look more like his forum Avatar...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:47 pm

I like the collage and all but I'm still not sure why halfy had to go with that particular photo of me. Razz

malickfan wrote:Interesting that the forum seems to be largely split between groups in their early 20's and those in early middle age, does Tolkien not appeal to 30 year olds?

I've thought about this a bit too. Much of that early 20s crowd has been here since they were teenagers, but as we've all grown up (Tin, Norc, and myself being three of the youngest; Tin and I were both 14 when we first joined) most of our newer members have been the same age or slightly older, with only a few exceptions of newer younger teenagers joining to fill that gap.

Last edited by Eldorion on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 pm

malickfan wrote:I look like a right miserable sod, glad my hair isn't sticking up too much in that photo (on my right side is where I cracked my head open as a kid, the hairline grew back a bit crooked in the far corner so it tends to stick up a bit).

Wave hi Malick. nice to meet you in person.

your beard is way better than mine. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 pm

malickfan wrote:I normally shave about once every four-five days, I use an electric shaver as razors/shaving cream tend to irritate my skin, actually quite surprised how fast it is growing out, I never bothered leaving for this long before but it's filling in quite quickly and makes me look older I think.

The shitty lighting on my camera and how tired I am doesn't do me many favours, but at least you know what I look like now...now do we have a selfie of Figgs anywhere here?

its ages since I saw the collective selfie thingie

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:I look like a right miserable sod, glad my hair isn't sticking up too much in that photo (on my right side is where I cracked my head open as a kid, the hairline grew back a bit crooked in the far corner so it tends to stick up a bit).

Wave hi Malick. nice to meet you in person.

your beard is way better than mine. Thumbs Up

Wave Kissing Laughing

My nan had something of an stubbly old lady chin beard in her last years before she died, so you still have time to catch up!

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Well you now know what I look like, but can any of you actually remember my real name? The mystery continues...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Paul A*****l, right?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Eldorion wrote:Paul A*****l, right?

yeah, I have a middle name as well which I'm not going to say.

But malick's fine.

Petty-Jason(?)
Figgs-Julia(?)
You-Jacob(?)
Chris-Chris(?)

Then I'm lost.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum