azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Just about the only memorable national anthem is Russia's. Very stirring. Makes me want to be Russian.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by azriel Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Does sound powerful I admit. Wonder what they are saying, not that Trump is concerned Smile ....

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Photos10

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:52 pm

" I am going to Bangkok, which sounds a bit painful. " Mrs Figg
Very Happy
Naughty girl Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/dinosaurs-patagotitan-biggest-ever-bones-fossils-patagonia-argentina-titanosaurs-t-rex-cience-a7883636.html

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:00 pm

The writer clearly knows nothing about dinosaurs if he used T-rex as the exemplar of a large dinosaur. Even if the archaeologist he talked to used it as comparison, the real question (never addressed in the article) is how does it compare to the apatosauras (brontosaurus)? Since it's at the American Museum of Natural History here in New York I may have to poke my head in and do the comparison myself.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm rather surprised that Dinosaurs that large actually existed, think of the amount of pressure such weight makes on their skeletons...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm

thick limbed.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Well yeah, but presumably that would lead to arthritis, stress fractures etc and their top speed/metabolism couldn't have great based on a diet of leaves and branches...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:53 pm

weren't much they'd need to run from, or after.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

{{Thought a few folks on here would enjoy this }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:00 pm

https://brightside.me/article/20-thought-provoking-historical-photographs-youve-never-seen-before-26105/?utm_source=fb_rc9679435894b&utm_campaign=e7adea23aeb4&utm_medium=cpm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Laughing @ the Spirited Away video. That was good.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:46 pm

{{Love these- from an art exhibition on photo-realism- all of these are paintings}}

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 170808170301_pointe_hilton_by_jack_mendenhall_exlarge_169

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 170808175723_estes_hotel_empire_1987_oil_on_canvas_exlarge_169

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 170808174543_untitled_territory_2012_by_yigal_ozeri_exlarge_169

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Photo realism is kinda cool, but if it was copied right off a photo it's not art. I'd like to see them compose something from scratch, as if it were a perfectly captured photo.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:06 pm

'if it was copied right off a photo it's not art'- Halfy

{{{Mmmm, what if the same artist took the original photograph? And lots of artist work with photographic references- Ive done landscapes where I take loads of photos and finish the piece indoors when the weather goes shitty, working from photographs. And I'm not alone in that practice- does that mean it's not art? Shocked }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Good point. Oddly enough I feel that only if the photo is transformed (by perhaps poorer technique) then it's art. If you put in all the effort to make it exactly the same, then it's not. Artists who were making landscapes look as realistic as possible I'd call craftsmen; those who 'edited' it to make it look better (dropping the dried bit of grass, etc) would be using artistic license.

I don't think there can be art without craft (much modern art is taken way to seriously in my book as it has no craft), but you can have craft without art. And many 'craftsman' are adding enough of their own to qualify as artists.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:22 pm

{{{ For those with a love of languages }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

That was really engrossing. I love history & I like hearing how the language is actually spoken. We had an exhibition here a year or so ago, about the Saxon's & how they lived here in the south east & part of the exhibition was on a big tv screen. It showed actors dressed as Saxon's & speaking as Saxon's once did.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Anyone10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Our bears usually don't wear earrings... Suspect
I'm guessing that shows he's got a criminal history, or maybe a gang affiliation. He's clearly a bad boy, casing the place for a break-in. pirat

I just saw one of our local bears early this morning crossing the bog. She gave me a dismissive look over her shoulder, and went on about her business. Beautiful beasts!

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm

They certainly are beautiful. I wrote to Parliament once stressing how wicked in this day & age it was to still use bear fur for our bloody stupid hats on the Guardsmen. They actually wrote back to me with some lousy excuse about not being able to use synthetic fur, load of shit. So NO, I am not patriotic to a bunch of narrow minded snobs that live in the Colonial past. Mad

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 Bearha10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:00 am

Unfortunately there's a fairly profitable black market in bear gall bladders because Asian traditional medicine uses the bile for a whole range of diseases including diabetes. Because of that a lot of bears over here have died at the hands of poachers for a few hundred dollars. Just as tragic as the hats (but not as silly!)

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Sad Sad Sad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:01 pm

There are 16 circles in this image:

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 23 3W2Yn31

Spoiler:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Cool! I had to cheat, and now I can't see how I could have missed it! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum