azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 11 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:20 am

Mrs Figg wrote:you know Google Earth? well has anyone invented a set of virtual beer goggles that let you wander down a road as if you were really there? Instead of using the little yellow man, you could put on the virtual headpiece and go anywhere in the world. it would be fantastic. and in theory all the hard work with satellites has already been done.

To get the full effect all the streets would have be shot with stereo cameras to provide depth perception. It probably will happen with time (or somebody will write an algorithm to fake it), but we definitely can't say "all the hard work...has been done".

(btw, street view is not done by satellite. It's done by those multi-camera setups on top of cars that drive around. If they rejigger those right now with stereo then in a few years your dream could come true.)

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 11 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 am

halfwise wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:you know Google Earth? well has anyone invented a set of virtual beer goggles that let you wander down a road as if you were really there? Instead of using the little yellow man, you could put on the virtual headpiece and go anywhere in the world. it would be fantastic. and in theory all the hard work with satellites has already been done.

To get the full effect all the streets would have be shot with stereo cameras to provide depth perception.  It probably will happen with time (or somebody will write an algorithm to fake it), but we definitely can't say "all the hard work...has been done".

(btw, street view is not done by satellite.  It's done by those multi-camera setups on top of cars that drive around.  If they rejigger those right now with stereo then in a few years your dream could come true.)

so I haven't invented an idea that will make me a millionaire then. Mad  damn.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 am

malickfan wrote:
azriel wrote:I was watching "Question Time" last night, BBC1, David Dimbleby, At Torquay. That's your neck of the woods isn't it Malick ?? or at least within spitting distance ? If you had a car or went by train ? Anyway. It got SO heated with the panel all arguing at once I had to switch over, "Newsnight" I think. Even Dimbleybum had a difficult job constraining them. I sorta like Anne Widdecombe but, my gawd, she chirped in whenever & the rest of the mob followed suit Smile

Ha ha no, I'm down near Fareham, Hamsphire so about 3 hours from Torquay by Car (I don't drive), maybe 6 or 7 by Train.

I don't watch Question Time very much, as I usually get confused or angered by some of the nonsense shouted about by the public and panelists.

what's Torquay like, is it a nice place? would you recommend living there for example. does it have a beach? it looks like it doesn't have one on the map.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:37 am

The Google Street View app for the Daydream VR headset is sort of like what Mrs Figg describes. The resolution isn't great and you have to push a button to zoom ahead to the vantage point of the next photo (similar to how regular Street View works), but it is fairly immersive. There's a relatively limited number of areas that they've recorded with enough different camera angles to make it possible to see something different just by turning your head, but the effect is really neat to experience, at least as a novelty.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:05 am

{{Google Earth has a VR version Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
malickfan wrote:
azriel wrote:I was watching "Question Time" last night, BBC1, David Dimbleby, At Torquay. That's your neck of the woods isn't it Malick ?? or at least within spitting distance ? If you had a car or went by train ? Anyway. It got SO heated with the panel all arguing at once I had to switch over, "Newsnight" I think. Even Dimbleybum had a difficult job constraining them. I sorta like Anne Widdecombe but, my gawd, she chirped in whenever & the rest of the mob followed suit Smile

Ha ha no, I'm down near Fareham, Hamsphire so about 3 hours from Torquay by Car (I don't drive), maybe 6 or 7 by Train.

I don't watch Question Time very much, as I usually get confused or angered by some of the nonsense shouted about by the public and panelists.

what's Torquay like, is it a nice place? would you recommend living there for example. does it have a beach? it looks like it doesn't have one on the map.

Never been there.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Eldorion wrote:The Google Street View app for the Daydream VR headset is sort of like what Mrs Figg describes. The resolution isn't great and you have to push a button to zoom ahead to the vantage point of the next photo (similar to how regular Street View works), but it is fairly immersive. There's a relatively limited number of areas that they've recorded with enough different camera angles to make it possible to see something different just by turning your head, but the effect is really neat to experience, at least as a novelty.

so they have already invented it? No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 11 16711583_1751325994893334_7883130697783973142_n_zpsmberaxtl

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:26 pm

lol!

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:33 pm

https://www.facebook.com/The.world.birds.TR.16/videos/1052024948163137/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:15 pm

love Dennis Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:16 pm

so much greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! No its like falling into a vat of concrete.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 pm

maybe Blue knows the answer to this but can you protect Intellectual Property? do you have to have a patent.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:27 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:13 am

it looks foamier up close than I realized.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:59 am

{{Yeah I thought that too- rather worryingly what it reminded me most of was the white foamy stuff in the pods in Invasion of the Body Snatchers! Shocked }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:34 am

Oh yes pale
But don't worry Smile a shot of CO2 from a fire extinguisher will sort that out Smile
Watched "The Blob" last night with Steve McQueen in it, It was cheesy Laughing The Blob looked like a dollop of strawberry jam that had fallen off my toast Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:maybe Blue knows the answer to this but can you protect Intellectual Property? do you have to have a patent.

I'm sure you know that a patent is to protect ideas, copyright to protect writing. If you don't register a copyright or patent you have no protection.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:20 pm

You don't have to register a copyright. If you can prove you are the originator of the works that is enough (copyright is also paintings, music, film etc).

Amazing how many companies don't understand how material can be used too. Example would be Nintendo Japan who put copyright notices on all sorts of online content which actually falls within fair use. They are doing more damage to their brand than protection with that stance these days.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 pm

don't you need an actual object or prototype for a patent?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 pm

my list of places I want to visit is quite small. I don't really fancy anywhere with malaria.

1. New York, I have to go there just once in my life.
2. New Zealand
3. Ozzhobbitstan, Sydney harbour
4. Capri
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:don't you need an actual object or prototype for a patent?

You don't in the US, but patent laws vary from nation to nation. You do need clear drawings and descriptions (and preferably a knowledgeable patent attorney) to file though.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 pm

I want to visit is quite small- Figg

{{You appear, for some unfathomable reaosn to have left Scotland off your list Figg scratch - we dont have malaria! Though we do have midges Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I have already been to Scotland. Too much wind, too much ginger and too much Scottish.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:14 pm

{{ The only one of those you can have too much of is wind! Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum