Eldorion
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers Empty Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Read at your own risk.

OnTheRedCarpet.com

Wood's character, Frodo, was the main character in "Lord of the Rings" movies and is the nephew of Bilbo, who also appeared in the films. The character is the protagonist in "The Hobbit" novel by J. R. R. Tolkien, who penned the entire series. The book tells of Bilbo's quest to find a treasure guarded by a dragon and also explains how he obtained the magic ring that drives the plot of "Lord of the Rings."

"It's extremely close to the book," Wood, 30, told OnTheRedCarpet.com correspondent Jacob Burch. "In fact, it's actually a flashforward in time. Frodo is not alive around the time period of 'The Hobbit.' It's about 60 years before Frodo's birth, I think. So ultimately, myself and Ian Holm, who played Bilbo in 'The Lord of the Rings,' will have some scenes together that will precede the 'Hobbit' time."

"Bilbo actually wrote 'The Hobbit' in a book called 'There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale,' so I think there might be something to do with that book that he's writing," he said. "It's very much keeping the integrity. Frodo does not exist within the context of the time period of 'The Hobbit.'"
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers Empty Re: Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Seems fairly close to some of our speculation and - more importantly - not completely throwing out of the book timeline (even though it's still an addition). Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Good news Very Happy

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Thats twice now he has contradicted himself over this. He always claims "It's extremely close to the book," then later apprears quite clearly not actually know what his role is, he does not seem to have read a script.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Let's hope they've finished the scripts by now. Oh, who am I kidding? Rolling Eyes

Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 am

I'm assuming he just wanted to pretend like he knew something because he wants to feel involved, because he is only minutely so. he wants to be part of it again, so therefore tries to use what little knowledge he has about it and LOTR to make himself sound well informed.
O Elijah... Rolling Eyes

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:40 am

My feelings precsiley Tin. And given the haphazrd nature of scripting on LotR's I dont have much hope that even with filming well underway that his part or the older Bilbos(Ian Holm) is in any shape finished or fully scripted.
And they are giving Martin Freeman an even tougher job by putting the 'original' Bilbo in the same film to compete and compare with him.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:48 am

Elijah Wood has good reason to praise 3D, seeing as his old pal Peter Jackson has taken the stereoscopic route in his The Hobbit films. On the publicity circuit for Happy Feet Two, we asked Wood what he’d make of the mooted 3D conversion for the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

“I think it would be cool to see. There’s talk of releasing a dimensionalised trilogy eventually. I’m okay with doing post-process 3D, as long as someone takes the time.

He also had this to say about the oft-mentioned future release of the LOTR films to home audiences:

I think there will be a DVD edition in which there are deleted scenes. There are deleted scenes, I don’t know how many there are, it’s been a long time. A lot made it back into the cuts for those extended versions, but there are some scenes that never made it. There are also hours… there has to be at least a couple of hours of blooper reel stuff, because we were having a blast.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:51 am

If I recall correctly, Weta actually did a couple of screen tests where they converted scenes from LOTR in 3D. PJ and the Weta folks both seemed pretty excited at the prospect, but I wouldn't expect to see anything until after both parts of The Hobbit are released. Perhaps, since there's already been a Blu-ray release, PJ's "Ultimate Edition" will be in 3D, as well as the HD he first mentioned back in 2004 or whenever.

On another note, I think that Mr. Wood needs to stay current with modern technology: I seriously doubt that there will ever be another DVD release of LOTR. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:00 am

On another note, I think that Mr. Wood needs to stay current with modern technology: I seriously doubt that there will ever be another DVD release of LOTR. Laughing [/quote]

I dont no Eldo, if theres money to be made ?
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:05 am

Oh, I'm sure there will be future home video releases, just that they won't be in the DVD format. Blu-ray is what's "in" now, and I'm sure Warner Bros. and all other major studios would prefer people buy movies in that format. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:15 am

I see what you mean now Cool
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:02 am

I find that unfair! DVD's are fine! And blu-ray is expensive and unneccessary. i don't think the DVD is the new VCR. Not for another decade at least!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:27 am

Frodo on the Graham Norton show praising the lotr fans.

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:17 am

Tinuviel wrote:I find that unfair! DVD's are fine! And blu-ray is expensive and unneccessary. i don't think the DVD is the new VCR. Not for another decade at least!

Well, DVD has only existed in general usage for 10-12 years (though I believe the technology is older) and it's been dominant for even less time. The first major studio movie to forego a VHS release (the final Star Wars) came out only in 2005. I'm sure that new movies will continue to be released in both the DVD and Blu-ray format for some years still, but I don't think that many re-releases of older movies will come out on DVD, since studios would like people to switch to newer formats. In the end, however, I think the future of movie distribution is downloading/streaming without any physical media involved, though as with all transitions it will take years for older methods to fade away.

That's my speculation, anyway. Smile It's entirely possible that any future Ultimate Edition will be released in both DVD and Blu-ray. It's worth noting that the Harry Potter Ultimate Editions have been released in both formats so far.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I really really really want to see those deleted scenes he was talking about. I want to see Eowyn in the Glittering Caves and Arwen fighting in Helms Deep, even though it was a daft idea. I also want to see Sauron the fair. Bet there is a ton of interesting stuff.

Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Agreed!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Sauron the Fair, I admit, would be something interesting to see.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Sauron the Fair

It's unfinished footage, but a very little bit of it is included in the EE documentaries. As for Sauron himself:

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers H10Wd
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm

I remember seeing that. I thought it would have been quite a nice touch at the Fall of Sauron.

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:22 am

Yes it would have been. And it would have been lovely to see what the talented PJ could do with Arwen at Helm's Deep too, helping the man she loves fight for what is right and just. I would very much like to have seen that, along with the elves fighting there it would have been quite spectacular, and I am sure PJ would have done it justice as his choices throughout the films were finely taken and considered.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 am

Man, if even his purism was only a result of buckie, then ... does this mean we've never actually known Petty at all? Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty Tyrant Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 am

I fear you have misunderstood the situation Eldo dear. Not your fault. And as much as normally I would love to gloat and laugh at Petty this is more serious than you may know. He may have had me put in th eLockholes but at least tht was something I could give him a good kicking for, but not this.
You see the Tyrants have been so consumed by buckie for so many genrations we've adapted to it. Need it in fact. Even's Ma's milk was 26% proof. Its necessarily. Petty sober is not the real him, quite the opposite. He has to be drunk for medical reasons. And if he is sober long enough, well thats' it. He'll pass across the Sea, his liver just can't handle the change I'm afraid.
So someone is going to have to get him drunk again.

Clue-finder

Location : Pure Publications communal housing scheme, Scotsdale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:01 pm

FINALLY that McTyrant has seen the light. You know that Arwen fighting in Helms Deep would have been a touching scene, and very fine her plum velvet costume looked too. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 pm

This proves that the Spirit is the only true Saviour of Man (and Woman, presumably). More spirit, I say. Quick, someone, pour some down Petty's throat. I canna handle this drastic rehabilitation! Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next