Ringdrotten
malickfan
David H
Eldorion
Bluebottle
18 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 36 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:23 am

Thanks guys.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 36 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by azriel Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Im as thick as a plank most days, ( if not all ) I sail around in a world of my own. I didn't notice until yesterday but, Steven Moffat had a hand in Tintin-Secret of the Unicorn animation Smile I was looking at it on & off on tv, mainly as back ground noise.

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 07, 2020 7:18 am

I watched this about 5 times in the last 3 months. One of the best films I've seen.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 07, 2020 12:11 pm

If he gets a script doctor to actually provide the dialogue the story deserves I might watch it. I felt that was the major failing of Alita - like a typical Cameron film it has the looks and the storyline and the big concept, but cringy clunky dialogue.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 12, 2020 5:06 am

Just watched the Narnia trilogy, Night at the Museum trilogy and the Star Wars 7, 8, 9 trilogy all on Disney plus. All fun films. Couldn't pick a winner though. National treasure next. Watched first one just the second one to go.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 am

I should watch night at the museum since it's the New York City museum (I think). National Treasure films are kinda fun.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 12, 2020 1:55 pm

I watched "Singing in the Rain" yesterday, that was fun. I kept thinking how lovely the girls shoes were & the dresses so colourful Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 12, 2020 4:02 pm

I watched A Bridge Too Far, literally every Hollywood and British actor of the era was in it. The list is amazing.
Dirk Bogarde
James Caan
Michael Caine
Sean Connery
Edward Fox
Elliott Gould
Anthony Hopkins
Gene Hackman
Hardy Krüger
Laurence Olivier
Ryan O'Neal
Robert Redford
Maximilian Schell
Liv Ullmann
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Wonder what they talk about behind the scenes ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Singing in the Rain is an amazing flick. I think Gene Kelley is better than Astaire.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 12, 2020 8:05 pm

Yeah, I find Kelly more approachable than Astaire, He had a nice smile to boot sir

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 13, 2020 6:18 pm

I prefer Astaire n'Ginger
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 20, 2020 2:43 pm

One of my all-time favorite movies Singing in the Rain.

This has to be one of the best scenes ever.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Yes, that's perhaps my favorite scene of all time. Gene Kelly is such an amazing all-round performer. Astaire floats over his surroundings; Kelly connects with all his being.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 20, 2020 3:28 pm

This scene I liked. Must have took a bit of rehearsing not to get tangled up !!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 20, 2020 3:36 pm

The hormonally hallucinogenic dream sequence!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 pm

watched 1917. it was beautiful, more like poetry than a normal war film, it wasn't really like a normal war film, it was like watching a Wilfred Owen poem made visual. the beauty of nature scarred by the violence of men.

Certainly flowers have the easiest time on earth.

“I shall be one with nature, herb, and stone,” 

Shelley would tell me. Shelley would be stunned: 

The dullest Tommy hugs that fancy now.

“Pushing up daisies,” is their creed, you know.

it begins with the innocent beauty of Spring flowers and ends in the beauty of a haunting and eternal tree of life
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed May 27, 2020 3:02 am

Glad to hear that you liked it! It is a movingly immersive piece of cinema. And, of course, it's always nice to get a little Cumberbum! bounce bounce bounce

I started Andrei Tartovsky's Solaris the other night. It is... a slow movie. But not bad for 70s Sci-fi! There was, inexplicably, the sudden appearance of a mute dwarf in one scene. The reason for this may be revealed to me in the second half. Interestingly I remember watching some of an American remake from back in 2002 starring George Clooney. Or, rather, apparently it is based on the book, just like the Russian movie.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:32 am

Just watched Men in Black International.

Let this guy tell you about it

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm

That was a brilliantly honest review from someone let down & tired of it all :clap:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:15 pm

You cant have MIB without Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, or even the guy who looked like a young TLJ.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:27 am

Yep, MIB was not a franchise, it was a partnership. When the partnership ended so did the franchise.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:12 am

I checked and it looks as though I never mentioned it here. Some months ago I watched Robert Redford's Ordinary People. It's about a young man who is struggling with suicidal tendencies after his brother died in a boating accident, and stars Donald Sutherland and Mary Tyler Moore as the parents and a young Timothy Hutton as the son. It was a great example of Redford's ability to make the relationships within a family feel important, but with a bittersweet sense of loss wrapped up in all of it as well. Kinda reminded me of A River Runs Through It. Anyway, it's really good!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 pm

That made a big splash in it's day and won best picture, but somehow I never knew it was directed by Robert Redford! It doesn't fit with his more rural or historical tendencies.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I watched Downey Jnrs Doctor Doolittle. It was embarrassingly boring. He did a Welsh accent. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next