Ringdrotten
malickfan
David H
Eldorion
Bluebottle
18 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm pretty curious to see what Jude Law will do with the role though. He's not the first actor that would've come to mind for me but I've liked him in most of what I've seen of him.

The Young Pope references/jokes are already starting on other forums though. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 pm

has anyone else seen The Young Pope yet? I thought it was great.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Still haven't seen it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 pm

I saw the first episode and loved it, but never got around to seeing more. It's now back on my list Smile

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 am

Watched this the other day then found this on youtube. Not seen it before.

Any excuse to hear this music and to see Claudia Cardinale.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Beside that last one on youtube was this, which I found fascinating.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am

Pretty sure the bar scene was cut from the original film. One of the best scenes in the film as well.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm

I've only seen it on DVD, I can see why if something had to go that would be it, but it's a great scene.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:27 pm

how cool is this, American Gods is finally out. cant wait. Razz

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Gonna hold off on watching until the whole first season is out, but I'm excited that this is finally happening! Looks very promising.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:58 am

flip, its only on Amazon Prime, and I am not sure I can use it because I don't have wifi. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 am

There seems to be a lot of backstory I'm unaware of.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 am

Watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2 yesterday, I'm not really a big comic book fan but I rather enjoyed this, very thin plot aside it was a very funny, very enjoyable and action packed piece of escapism with eye popping visuals and a great soundtrack, I've seen the original just once so I can't really remember it very well, but I'd say both are about as good as each other, though Volume 2 won't convince you if you didn't like the first.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:how cool is this, American Gods is finally out. cant wait. Razz

Crispin Glover!  cheers

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed GOTG 2, Malick! I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out in the States next weekend. The first film was one of the more pleasant surprises I've had at the movies in recent years. Smile

halfwise wrote:There seems to be a lot of backstory I'm unaware of.

If you're curious and don't want to wait for the whole show to be released, I'd enthusiastically recommend the original Neil Gaiman novel, which is excellent. It's a pretty big book but they're apparently adding a fair bit of new/expanded material to it, so the show will be several seasons long. Most of the reviews I've read say that it remains fairly faithful despite that though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm

The book is wonderful. Razz as is Anansi Boys.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Gaiman's commentary for Stardust was quite enjoyable, made me interested in reading some of his stuff.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:45 pm

{{His Doctor Who episode, the Doctor's Wife was great, very Gaiman, if you know his work its full of classic Gaiman ideas }}}

http://watchseries.cr/series/doctor-who/season/6/episode/4

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 03, 2017 6:36 am

Might go see the new Alien movie when it comes out next week.

Just watched Prometheus. Still not sure if i liked it or not.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 am

First time I saw Prometheus I was to excited to see it properly. Next time I noticed a few "wot ?" but, I like it, & I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm watching good old Vincent Price films at mo. I loved him, his voice is the one shinning quality that draws you in. Id like to read his life story when I get a chance. He seemed a nice guy ? (bet Ive got that wrong ! cant pick guys for toffee )

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

I wasn't sure either. I liked the first section of the monster man turned into a planet seeding thingie, that was pretty cool, and I liked the last section where the girl was almost crushed by the space ship, but I wasn't all that interested in the middle bit, ie the whole film was a bit underpanting.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am

Prometheus was visually stunning at times, had a great soundtrack and effects and introduced a interesting supporting character in Fassbender's android David, but the script was very confused with ill defined character motivations, stop start pacing and numerous very stupid decisions by what was supposed to be a crack team of explorers on a top of the range mission, still remember Charlize Theron's death scene...did she not simply consider walking to the side?

Prometheus does deliver on the shocks/action/spectacle but it was really weighed down with ponderous philosophizing which didn't quite gel with the tone of the film.

I enjoyed it despite the flaws, and I'm hoping Ridley Scott has a more polished script this time around for the sequel (he's planning up to four more apparently!)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 am

Watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2, FX were good. Quite funny but not hilarious.

Good fun film to watch. 7\10

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 10, 2017 7:22 pm

I watched "Star Trek" last night & I decided that Captain Kirk would not deliberately kill anyone ( in the TV series ) yet he does in the JJ Abrams film ? I remember the glowing smile William Shatmepants had on his face when it all ended happily & everyone was safe & happy. Blowing up Romulans left right & centre was not a choice Captain Kirk would have taken. I hated that Spock got himself into a clinche with Uhura & even publicly kissed with her ? Not Spockish at all. Kirk had a confident arrogance, Chris Pine's Kirk had a arrogant arrogance. IL watch the films if theres bugger all on TV to watch & I'm in the mood but, I think Roddenberry's TV series was the better half by far Smile

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Yep, the current batch don't "get" Star Trek.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next