Ringdrotten
malickfan
David H
Eldorion
Bluebottle
18 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 6 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:48 pm

{{Quite like the look of the Scully one, though from the trailer I can of feel like I already know everywhere its going with it}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 6 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:50 pm

azriel wrote:Tom Hanks

Forest Shepherd wrote:Tom Hanks

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:24 am

Appropriate as always Eldo.  Cool

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:29 am

I wonder if Tom Hanks gets to see these ?

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 am

Watched Prisoners last night, 8/10, quite good, but a tad overlong and not sure how I felt about the ending...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:52 pm

I saw the trailer for that a few times. The things that stand out to me are Hugh Jackman's angry-daddy-face, and Paul Dano playing the creepy single dude.

It has a Detective Loki in it? Very Happy  I wonder if the twist you speak of at the end is an American Gods sort of thing where the Detective turns out to be the Norse deity, and Hugh Jackman's character is Thor, and Paul Dano is a frost giant or something. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:14 pm

or a giant spider ala Anansi Boys
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:46 am

I've read Anansi Boys but I don't remember where a giant spider came into it. When did that happen again?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Anansi is the giant spider. Gaiman uses African myths in Anansi Boys. I think he uses Egyptian, Roman/Greek, Nordic in American gods but cant remember exactly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anansi
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 am

Watched the new Mad Max film, thought it was crap. Watched the new Poltergeist, again not very good.
Watched Disneys Up again and was brilliant.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:44 am

"Watched the new Mad Max film, thought it was crap." -Chris63

Excuse me WHAT.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:22 am

I thought Fury Road was just alright. Fun enough to watch once but not anything more for me. The action scenes were very elaborate of course but too goofy and over the top -- and the plot too thin -- for me to really get into. This isn't always a deal-breaker for me (I really like The Raid and that has if anything even less plot than Fury Road did) but I just wasn't really feeling it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:20 am

"I thought Fury Road was just alright" -Eldo

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 6 Bw4l3FNIAAACGI0

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:29 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:"Watched the new Mad Max film, thought it was crap." -Chris63

Excuse me WHAT.

Was going to turn it off after 15-20minns but struggled threw it all. Prefer the original.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:41 am

I didn't love the Matrix sequels either if that's what you're asking. Pokey Tongue
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

{{Rewatched the original 1973 Wicker Man, as I do from time to time to remind myself what film can be when it tries. Never fails to surprise me and to lend itself to new thoughts even after all their years of watching it, and you know me, when I watch a film more than once I really watch it!

So do yourself a favour and watch a film unlike any other, a film Christopher Lee considered his best in his long career of cinema and which Empire calls "The greatest British horror film ever made." Though personally I prefer to think of it as a murder/mystery/thriller/musical/horror. And not sure that quite covers it.

Anyhow the fully restored version is out there now- the Final Cut- do NOT watch the butchered theatrical release, and whatever you do, for you're own sake, don't watch the Cage remake Evil or Very Mad But everyone should see the original at some point- even if you hate it it will still have the benefit of uniqueness to it. Also a film best watched a alone.

I was going to put a trailer up, but even the official Final Cut one is ridiculously spoilery, so here's a song from the film instead, Gentle Johhny (I did say it was part musical!) }}-

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:53 pm

I had trouble finding a copy of The Wicker Man to rent or stream when I looked a few years back (after seeing you post about it) but I love the music. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:55 pm

{{Surprised you cant find the Final Cut version Eldo- I shall have a nosey about- and as great as listening to the music is its fully enjoyed best in all its context.  Nod

edit add- after a bit of faffing about seems the Final Cut despite the name is still missing a couple of crucial scenes, most importantly the opening scenes- which presumably the footage was too damaged to be restored properly. If you cant find the 'extended' cut which has these scenes then you can always get the Final Cut and watch the missing opening scene on youtube here- }}

{{havent been able to find the film itself yet, but you can on UK youtube rent the final cut for £2.49 so might be available on US too}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:04 pm

yep its up there with American Warewolf in London for general walking into a small pub in the English countryside and thinking oh shit these people have eyebrows that meet in the middle and they are singing songs about Maypoles and howling in the night jeepers creepers run but my legs wont move kind of thing.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:04 pm

I watched a bootleg of the 102 minute Wicker Man with friends a couple years ago. Apparently it's never been available outside the UK (????). It was a much better movie than the original release that I'd seen years ago.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:15 pm

{{That'd be a bummer if you can only get the full version in the UK.
I think the original US release was the butchered European theatrical release, butchered some more. Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:32 pm

I tried to find it for sale on Amazon. There's one called "Special Edition Director's Cut (2 disc set)" that's selling for $324.10 Shocked Shocked Shocked
{{and they don't say how many minutes it runs, so it still might not be the full length... Suspect }}

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Oh man, I need to go for a walk or something. This ambivalence and outright dislike about Fury Road is bumming me out.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Oh man, I need to go for a walk or something.

I don't know that a walk's gonna do it for you Forest. You may need a motor vehicle and few explosives ..... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:40 am

"Special Edition Director's Cut (2 disc set)" that's selling for $324.10- David

{{{ Shocked Shocked Much as I love the film I think its time to put my 2-disc special edition on e-bay! Shocked }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next