Thinking about buying a (recent) Hardback edition...any recommendations?

+6
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
Radaghast
malickfan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thinking about buying a (recent) Hardback edition...any recommendations? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about buying a (recent) Hardback edition...any recommendations?

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:55 am

actually you are all wrong. As its rather hot in Ithilien due to Sauron Warming, The Heffalump flops down on Sam's taters, squishing them into mush, thus inventing mashed potaters.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Thinking about buying a (recent) Hardback edition...any recommendations? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about buying a (recent) Hardback edition...any recommendations?

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
I don't recall the bit about Gollum sneezing, but now I'm not sure.

It may just be spluttering but I seem to recall sneezing. In either case Gollum doesn't "relish" the smell of flowers. Shall have to take a look.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Maybe this?

It seemed to the Hobbits that the fragrance of the air grew (at one point): "... and from the blowing and muttering of Gollum it seemed that he noticed it too, and did not relish it."

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:37 pm

That was it. Not clearly sneezing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:48 pm

This girl I know just found the Hobbit + LotR boxed paperback Alan Lee set in pretty much new condition outside of a library in the free box! WTF what luck. Meanwhile I have the ripped-in-half film tie-in copy from 2001 or whatever bound with cardboard and red book-tape on the ends. I mean, it's my beloved copy, but I'd snatch up a find like that before I even knew what my hands were doing!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Did you snatch it away from her?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:12 pm

No, she even offered it to me because she knows how much I enjoy Tolkien, but I wanted her to have it. Razz

Next time!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:50 am

You wanted her to have it. I sense a future in this young female.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Yeah I didn't say anything like how Malickfan did but I guess we're kind of dating. She lives two-and-a-half hours away now, moved right after we finally did something about our ten-month-long-mutual crushes. She was in my RPG group. I saw her at the convention two weeks ago, and we have plans to take turns driving over on the weekends. I guess we'll see how it goes. First time for me so I'm very much feeling it out as I go along. Sure wish distance wasn't involved, but oh well.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm

An appropriate distance can be your friend. Keeps things special. Also gives you an excuse to explore any places at the halfway point together.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Awwwwwwww!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Embarassed

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2