Ringdrotten
chris63
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

US General Election 2016 - Page 10 Empty Re: US General Election 2016

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:08 pm

halfwise wrote:unfortunately all the good things the Daily Show does is basically preaching to the choir.  

that's what I thought. he also sounds as if he is preaching to 8 year olds.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:16 pm

ok this is going to sound really stupid. Be warned....

If everyone has guns, even in schools and libraries and malls, and all the practice ranges people go to, how come mass murderers are allowed to shoot hundreds of people without anyone shooting back and stopping them? why does it always seem to take hours for the police to take them out? surely with all the guns everywhere there's someone able to stop the mass murders? but nobody does, therefore what the fuck is the point of having a gun in your bag if you cant or wont defend yourself, how does the gun lobby explain this? why is it toddlers can take out their parents but nobody takes out the loonies?

end of stupid statement.
apologies.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:34 pm

this is actually the argument the National Rifle Association makes for why there are not enough guns in American society.  The NRA, in case you don't know, is the main lobbying organization against any form of gun control.  They used to be reasonable, but then gun manufacturers started to fund them, and they started to go haywire.  They have an ongoing internal debate on whether private ownership of machine guns should be legal.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm

their argument isn't working in practice though is it? people are still not able to defend themselves even with a massive amount of guns in circulation. I am going on the assumption that a lot of people take a gun everywhere they go, even in bars and clubs, and cinemas therefore if a person is trapped in a toilet with a gun in their bag and theres a nutter outside, why has nobody had a go at the gunman. it never happens. The police still have to sort it out.

This is just something I am thinking outloud about, its not meant to be a criticism of anyone in particular. just ruminating.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:14 pm

{{{That argument is the worst, stupidest argument I've heard Americans use- and we are talking Americans here!! Follow it through to its logical conclusion and if you give every single adult in the US a machine gun there will never be any more gun crime. Anyone fancy trying it? Anyone actually believe that and if so how mad are they and does their jacket fasten up the back?

I mean Trump has already knee jerked that if the people in the nightclub were all armed the guy would have been shot- this is probably true- but anyone think letting nightclubs full of drunk people be armed is a good idea? That this would cut gun violence?
A lot of drunk people, full of pills probably too, and all the other stupid things that go with youth in those situations, jealousy, petty rage ect
What Trump and co are actually advocating is letting every young drunk adult get drunk, in a nightclub, whilst armed with a lethal weapon. That's not just stupid, that's not just even American stupid, that's Trump stupid.

In more humorous news Trump is coming to Scotland on Thursday to open his golfclub- houses bordering the club have taken to flying the Mexican flag in preparation for is arrival Very Happy }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: I am going on the assumption that a lot of people take a gun everywhere they go, even in bars and clubs, and cinemas therefore if a person is trapped in a toilet with a gun in their bag and theres a nutter outside, why has nobody had a go at the gunman. it never happens.

It's really nothing like that, even out here in the wild west. First, although almost anybody can buy a handgun but they can't carry it with them legally unless they get a Concealed Carry Permit which is as big a deal as a driver's license.

Second, many businesses don't allow firearms on the premises, and no public buildings allow firearms since 911, so if somebody goes to work or goes out anywhere they often end up leaving their handgun in the car at some point. Then they often start worrying about somebody breaking into their car and stealing their gun, so they sometimes buy a cheaper "throw away" gun to leave in the car and leave their favorite handgun at home.

They often eventually stop carrying a gun around with them altogether once the novelty wears off. It's really mostly just an unnecessary nuisance unless a person is 1) facing a very real threat, 2)wanting to show off. or 3)paranoid. As a result, most of the people I know with concealed carry permits only carry a handgun when they've got a crazy ex-partner they're afraid of, or have to go someplace where they feel like a target.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{
In more humorous news Trump is coming to Scotland on Thursday to open his golfclub- houses bordering the club have taken to flying the Mexican flag in preparation for is arrival Very Happy  }}}

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Considering the 20 year old who attempted to assassinate Trump was Brittish, I think America should temporarily ban Brittish people from entiring America, as clearly Britain is a breeding ground of terrorists, in this case, white skinned terrorists, who, of course, should henceforth be racially profiled. Americans should act to protect Americans from these terrorists. Of course, Clinton will try and tell us that not all white Brits are terrorists and shouldn't be stereotyped. She is naive, deluded and weak, and unfit for office!!! Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:38 pm

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:22 pm

Shocked Laughing

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Shocked pale

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:41 pm

affraid

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:43 pm

Laughing genius.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:47 pm

*sigh* well that's my procrastination of the evening sorted. job well done.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:41 pm

On Hillary Clinton's Rough Day, Republicans Rue Missed Chance - NY Times

Handed a historically weak Democratic opponent to run against, the party’s voters responded by nominating a candidate even more unpopular and toxic than Mrs. Clinton.

Not all of them might want to admit it, but Democrats got incredibly lucky this round. {{{Unless of course Trump is really a Clinton sleeper agent, which I don't believe but keep hearing about.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:50 am

I have to support Trump on this one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-vigorous-defense-of-anti-semitic-image-a-turning-point-for-many-jews/2016/07/08/720858e2-4450-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

When you draw a star, you'll basically do 5 or 6 points. Just because it has 6 points doesn't make it Jewish. He's never implied that anything having to do with Hillary is Jewish. Sometimes a star is just a star.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:48 am

US General Election 2016 - Page 10 Fourptstar
US General Election 2016 - Page 10 Star
US General Election 2016 - Page 10 Six-point-star_411297
US General Election 2016 - Page 10 7-point-star-clip-art_386442
US General Election 2016 - Page 10 775px-Symmetrical_8-pointed_star.svg

OK 7 is a bit weird, but the rest are pretty common looking to me, and none look much like the star of David. Shrugging
In the context of the cash background and the bribery implications I'm tend to think that whoever did the original graphics for Donny's tweet was drawing on all the old stereotypes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 pm

US General Election 2016 - Page 10 Giphy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:41 pm

{{I resent the association being made here between Trump and alcohol- don't sully the good name of drink with this man! Evil or Very Mad }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Laughing

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/07/is-hillary-clinton-running-a-false-flag-campaign-t.html

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Laughing

Semi-related, but I was wondering when the last time the two major candidates were from the same state was. According to a quick look through Wikipedia, it last happened in 1940 and '44, when FDR (from New York) defeated a pair of New York Republicans in succession: Wendell Wilkie and Thomas Dewey (he of the not defeating Truman fame from four years later). Now we have a pair of New Yorkers again.

Fake edit:

• Warren G. Harding and losing Democratic nominee James Cox (1920) were both from Ohio, apparently.
  • In 1904, Teddy Roosevelt defeated a fellow New Yorker (Alton Parker).
  • In the super-divisive 1860 election, the Republican candidate (Lincoln) and the Democratic candidate (Douglas) were both from Illinois, but Douglas came in fourth behind the break-away Southern Democratic Party and the short-lived Constitutional Union Party.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:48 am

I am utterly outraged!  Mad  

Neither Trump, nor his gorgeous trophy wife, appeared to carry guns at the Republican Convention! Shocked  

Furthermore, I have reason to suspect, no one in the audience did either!!!  Shocked

But what if your average religious terrorist (i.e. everyday Muslim) had snuck in, cleverly hiding a small semi auto in his tea towel hat made up to look reasonably well like a Whiskey Drinkers Turkey Shooters Of America cap, and started shooting?  Shocked

You could only hope that someone else there had clung determinedly to their Rights and had also carried a small concealed firearm with them!  Shocked

You know, your deranged average Sharia-believing Muslim, and local halal cafe owner, bearing a small semi auto, can take out a good number of people before even the most Godfearing Republican, using hand to hand, can disarm him! Shocked

Outraged!  Extremely Crabbit

Share this post if you agree.... USA

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 am

Btw, Trump's trophy wife doesn't sound American. Slovakian? Sounds suspiciously Mexican to me! My friends down the local bar and grill reckon she's Mexican and not even a US citizen.... I reckon she sounds Mexican, if you listen close long enough and really try to hear a Mexican accent... Or maybe, African American... I swear she talks just like Michelle Obama too sometimes - and my friends reckon she sounds Mexican too, if you listen long enough and really really really try hard to detect the accent.

Maybe Trump aint the Republican he says he is!

Bring back Nixon. If you can't trust Trump anymore, who can you trust? America was Great when Nixon was in charge. (My friends reckon he's alive and living in Florida... CIA cover up....  Nod )

Share if you agree. USA

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:05 pm

you know in Kings Landing there's a massive powder keg of wildfire under the city that could blow at any minute? well that's how I feel about the World at the minute. All it takes is one mad fucker in power and we are all going to end up toast. Not necessarily Trump, it could be any one of the mad fuckers in power today. I just have that sensation of brooding menace just waiting to blow. either that or its the beans I just ate.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 am

The last stand of the #NeverTrumpers has, predictably, amounted to nothing.

Republicans Officially Nominate Donald Trump For President - NPR
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next