halfwise
bungobaggins
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
9 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The Hobbit Character Elimination Game - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hobbit Character Elimination Game

Post by David H Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:14 pm

The Hobbit Character Elimination Game - Page 9 Eaglescheer

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit Character Elimination Game - Page 9 Empty Re: The Hobbit Character Elimination Game

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 pm

I somehow find myself strangely in accord with your sentiments, Dave.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:28 am

My scoring was not off, but quite correct. I had to wade through a page and a half of mis-counted scoring to get to it!

And holy geeze you guys actually voted for the CGI bird-butt waste of space Deus-ex-Machina bullshit perpetuator of the "Frodo should have rode a giant eagle to Mordor, lol" idiotic fan theory. 

I'm in the opposite camp from Petty, and am quite outraged at this blatant nose-dive into the mediocrity pool.  Evil or Very Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Well if the score was so wrong, why didn't you say something? You had your own scoring last page which I thought was wrong and "corrrected", but were you recalculating Malick's +/-1?  I left that as his personal preference.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Wooooo! cheers So proud to be a citizen of Forumshire- where we collectively judge the only halfway decent character in PJ's Hobbit films is one who is never named as such, and whose every last word of dialogue has been removed- and is therefore miles better than the rest of his characters! Laughing }}}

Not only that, he's also a character with barely any dialogue and very limited appearances in the source material anyway, who as a generic talking bird acts more or less as a deux ex machina and has very little direct effect on the outcome of the story.

Typical forumshire decision  Laughing  Suspect cheers pub

if we do a LOTR Character elimination game, Brego the horse will probably win Nod

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:45 am

halfwise wrote:Well if the score was so wrong, why didn't you say something? You had your own scoring last page which I thought was wrong and "corrrected", but were you recalculating Malick's +/-1?  I left that as his personal preference.
I was away for a while, else I would have jumped in and voted. But yeah, i was turning Malick's minus ones into minus threes.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:59 am

Ah, that explains it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:55 pm

if we do a LOTR Character elimination game, Brego the horse will probably win- Malick

{{{ Laughing You are so right!}}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm

Bill the Pony +1

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:42 am

{{{ Laughing }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:39 pm

David H wrote:Bill the Pony +1

Figwit -1

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:45 pm

Uh-oh. Now it's getting personal.
Figwit, + 1/2

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:54 pm

{{Aragorns accent(s) -3}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9