UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 6 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:49 pm

{{{You dont run away from your mates just cause they are in a spot of bother- you dig in you help out long as possible- we are nowhere near in Europe that point of crisis yet- there's a lot to do, and the wars in the ME have caused an unprecedented migration of people, the world is changing again but rapidly and we need to hold together and work together to come up with a means of adapting to it. This is not the time for pulling up the drawbridge on our neighbours and bailing out. That will come back to bite us on the arse eventually.
I didn't vote for the Union, but I am in it and at its absolute best it leads in progressive action- NHS, womens votes, workers rights, welfare state- we made that stuff work, English, Scots, Welsh, Irish. And we can make it work with more countries in the EU. And we have, despite what UKIP might say, led in those areas in the EU, bringing other countries with us- we can do far more, for far more people inside Europe than out.
And the time for that is now. Not for running away and leaving your neighbours house to burn down. }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 6 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45 pm

its also bloody selfish to run away. when you hear other European folk talking about brexit theres always this slightly haunted worried nervous look on their faces, like 'don't go we need you'. when a Frenchman looks like that you know its serious.

boy listening to some of the dipshit reasons brexiters have for leaving it makes me despair, like on Sky news tonight a guy from a haulage firm blamed Europe for traffic jams in London, like he was blaming European immigrants for clogging up the roads. Rolling Eyes  unbelievable idiot reasnz. Laughing

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:22 am

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 am

No time guys, sorry. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:28 pm

With economic issues, the far right tends to grow in popularity and it seems that is what is going on here (and with Trump). While I think a vote in 2007 wouldn't be anywhere near as close as this will be, I do think this should give the bloc a good kick up the arse to stop admitting new countries for a while until all of the shit is sorted out. It has become cumbersome and unbalanced, in my view this should be rectified before any other country is considered for membership.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:09 pm

they cant admit Turkey until their human rights disaster has been sorted out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Thing is, if you watch the last video I posted you'll realize that leaving the EU isn't even a practical possibility. (It'll most likely take ten years, so much of British legislation is now EU based that EU influence can never be practically removed and Britain will have to continue to accept and acede to EU legislation to keep access to the single market.) And that life outside it in the end will either make everything worse for Britain, or it will end up with Britain paying a lot more just for a seat at the table, and access to the single market, without political influence. To remain in the single market the rules of the single market, including the four freedoms, free movement of goods, persons and capital, will still have to be accepted, as Norway does currently, meaning Britain leaving the EU will change nothing with regards to EU imigration.

It's a hopeless decision made by people who doesn't, but really should, know better.

What a massive unmitigated mess..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:47 pm

most people haven't got a clue what they are voting for. They seem to be hugely confusing patriotism with sovereignty.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

Good luck today, Brits!

While I have somewhat mixed feelings, I do hope y'all vote to stay in the EU. I'm glad that the Special Relationship isn't being put to a vote though. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:34 am

Voted Remain with (almost) no regrets, although even if we do leave nothing's going to change immediately, I'm beginning to get really f*cking nervous about where the country could be heading...

Petty, isn't this the 3rd(?) or 4th(?) major Scottish election in the last 18 months or so? How the hell aren't you fed up with it all at this point...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:35 am

Eldorion wrote:Good luck today, Brits!

While I have somewhat mixed feelings, I do hope y'all vote to stay in the EU. I'm glad that the Special Relationship isn't being put to a vote though. Razz

If you elect Trump, I think alot of us would want to break up the special relationship permanently Razz

(Not that Clinton strikes me as hugely better...)

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Petty, isn't this the 3rd(?) or 4th(?) major Scottish election in the last 18 months or so? How the hell aren't you fed up with it all at this point...- Malick

{{{Yup- 4th major vote - we had the indy referendum, then the general election then the Scottish parliament elections and now the EU vote- not to mention council votes ect in-between.
Fortunately I'm a politics junkie!}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Apparently some of the Leave campaigners are urging to people to bring in their own pens to tick the box on the forms, fearful that the pencil's provided might smudge or be rubbed off on purpose...

...I find it a tad hard to understand this line of thinking for several reasons A) the conspiracy theorists believe that MI5 etc are able to rub out and change their vote but not easily print an entirely new voting form with the same identification numbers  and name on them, B) Apparently the Goverment doesn't have access to pens of its own, spoiling a ballot paper seemingly being to much effort for MI5 etc C) it also seems somewhat odd that they distrustful of the British establishment and the Governments motives, yet are voting to give them more power.

confused

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 pm

{{Another ill thought out conspiracy theory!

Well from my own trip to the polling station today I would say it was far less busy and lively than the Scottish referendum and didn't have anything like the same buzz of activity about it, but it was slightly busier than the last general election  Shrugging  Going to be interesting to see what the turnout is. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Another ill thought out conspiracy theory!

Well from my own trip to the polling station today I would say it was far less busy and lively than the Scottish referendum and didn't have anything like the same buzz of activity about it, but it was slightly busier than the last general election  Shrugging  Going to be interesting to see what the turnout is. }}}

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 6 CloH3QWWAAA7Mz6

Laughing

I went about 8.30 this morning, saw maybe a dozen people go in and out, most of them OAP's, I live in a Tory safe seat and I'm fully expecting Leave to win by a majority.

Scotland has always been much more pro Europe than the rest of the union, and that campaign lasted much longer than this one has, it's only been in the last three or four weeks I've actually heard anyone talk about it.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 pm

{{{It may be different in England, but the impression I get off folk is largely disinterest. Viewing it as more a internal squabble among the Tory party that they are being asked to pick the winner of.
Another thing is that the two faces of it are both Tory for the most part, Cameron and Osbourne on one side, Boris and Gove on the other- so that impression of it being an internal squabble is even greater.
And another problem is that this all came about because the Tories were shitting it at losing votes to UKIP- and even MP's who crossed the floor- but at their peak UKIP had 1 elected member in Scotland, in a PR voting system! UKIP are an English problem No one in Scotland was asking for a EU referendum so I suspect turn out in Scotland for this will be low, certainly much lower than the Scottish referendum. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:03 pm

http://www.boredpanda.com/newspaper-ad-immigration-pie-chart-statistics-brexit-laurence-taylor/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 pm

That's great. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:23 pm

malickfan wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Good luck today, Brits!

If you elect Trump, I think alot of us would want to break up the special relationship permanently Razz

Laughing that's true.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:28 pm

well I am relying on Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar to swing it. otherwise we are fuqed. that and common sense. I hope that once this is over we can consign Boris and IDS to the dustbin of history. what their political ambition has done is scandalous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:37 pm

So glad that Dimbleby is still going. He sounds kinda about having to keep repeating that we don't know who will win yet, though. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:49 pm

{{Going to be a long night}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:54 pm

I love Jeremy the data guy. Remember when he was "inside" Big Ben for that one general election?

Seriously though, their ranking of counting areas is a good idea for making sense of an unusual voting format.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 pm

{{Yeah got to hand it to the BBC they are quite good at election coverage}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 pm

So Blue, let me ask again. Since you are so convinced Britain should stay in the EU, how do you feel about Norway NOT being in the EU?

Bluebottle wrote:Thing is, if you watch the last video I posted you'll realize that leaving the EU isn't even a practical possibility. (It'll most likely take ten years, so much of British legislation is now EU based that EU influence can never be practically removed and Britain will have to continue to accept and acede to EU legislation to keep access to the single market.) And that life outside it in the end will either make everything worse for Britain, or it will end up with Britain paying a lot more just for a seat at the table, and access to the single market, without political influence. To remain in the single market the rules of the single market, including the four freedoms, free movement of goods, persons and capital, will still have to be accepted, as Norway does currently, meaning Britain leaving the EU will change nothing with regards to EU imigration.

It's a hopeless decision made by people who doesn't, but really should, know better.

What a massive unmitigated mess..

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next