Norc
bungobaggins
Eldorion
18 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 Empty Re: Tales of Home [7]

Post by Bluebottle Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Eldorion wrote:This conversation is reminding me of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell:

When he awoke it was dawn. Or something like dawn. The light was watery, dim and incomparably sad. Vast, grey, gloomy hills rose up all around them and in between the hills there was a wide expanse of black bog.

Stephen had never seen a landscape so calculated to reduce the onlooker to utter despair in an instant. "This is one of your kingdoms, I suppose, sir?" he said. "My kingdoms?" exclaimed the gentleman in surprize. "Oh, no! This is Scotland!"

lol!

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Although, I'd still head for the distillery. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:29 pm

{{{Now spring is getting on and the sun is up before I leave for work I am no longer getting fantastic sunrises to photograph on the way in, I am however getting fantastic sun shafts instead}}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1783_zpswopkohyg

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1780_zpskkf9qi3v

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1784_zpscw413iwx

{{{{This hotel is up on the hill near my work, it always makes me think of the one from the Shining pale }}}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1788_zpsmlvy3kqi

{{{Been an odd spring of late- noting out the big bay windows at work the other day, in hour there was warm spring sunshine, rain, sleet, freezing rain, driving rain, more sleet, proper big fluffy flake snow, a roll of thunder, hail and then warm spring sunshine again.
The result is trees beginning to turn green with the first leave sof Spring and snow covered hills }}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1810_zpsalmgfh1n

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1790_zpsvn9es0bx

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1795_zpsiy3dg5ui

{{{And this was on the way round to the shop}}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1809_zpschbwnzjs

{{And this, sorry about quality its on zoom, is right up the top of the hill behind the town- storm damage- which often for some reason looks suspiciously like something has crashed Suspect }}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1803_zpssvhdptgl

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:35 pm

nice snowy mountains. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Very nice pics Petty Smile Thumbs Up

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Like the pics Petty Very Happy
Spring has been a bit odd down here in the South. Wev'e had tree blossom but, its only lasted about a week or just over & already the trees are greening up. I love tree blossom but this year its a case of blink & you'll miss it. Which is a bloody shame ! Crying or Very sad I look forward to seeing all the pinks & whites &, when the blossom falls like confetti & lines the streets like a colourful parade Very Happy

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 DSC04789_zpscv7j7sbm

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 DSC04792_zpswrf8odab

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Yikes at the storm damage pic. No Awesome sunbeams though. Thumbs Up

Those are very pretty, azriel, though I can already feel myself wanting to sneeze just looking at it. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 02, 2016 9:24 pm

{{{A day of ships- sadly all at the wrong time for me as I was at work- but spotted this out the lounge windows and rather startled a resident by going into her room and asking her if I could take a photo out her window, so quality is ropey as its not only on extreme zoom its out a window too and it was fair moving as well)}}}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1818_zpsidhulux8

{{Towards aft is says 'Tall Ships' then two words I cant read, and the ship name is 'Stavros S' something- might be 'Marchos'.

And then just as I was leaving work this behemoth honed into view coming down the Clyde from Glasgow- those houses in the sunlight are further than they look (trick of the zoom) but that ship is a good bit beyond them- its hard to convey the scale of the thing in pictures- but the ferry which goes between Dunoon and Gourock doesn't come up to its anchor  Shocked }}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1819_zpsiwwy6egy

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1827_zps0p43bsul

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

Big cruise ships are big to the point of science fiction. I remember seeing one in Venice, and it was jolting to say the least. They shouldn't be allowed in.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm

{{Yeah they are quite mind-bending- even when I look at the pictures, the first in particularly my head does an uncomfortable twist as I know how far away that is, how far beyond those houses it is too, and how small they look to the naked eye from where I took the picture (it takes twenty minutes to cross the Firth of Clyde in a modern ferry, its not narrow}- if you took the building, the white one immediately to the left of the bus-stop sign, that's a large block of flats, and moved it so it was sitting at water level next to that ship, the flats I estimate would be lucky to reach the first row of portholes.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 02, 2016 10:01 pm

{{{See the sort of things I have to put up with Mad The Glenmorag hotel mentioned here is the one in the photo above somewhere I said reminded me of the one in the Shining, and is right behind my work Mad Like I don't see enough old hairy

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 13119052_10154099795382225_5377827229589077462_n_zpsfkbgnse0wrinkled arses already and that's just my own in the mirror of a morning Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 02, 2016 11:40 pm

I remember seeing big cruise ships in Juneau, Alaska when I went there with my grandmother. We were on a small ship cruise (something like 150 passengers and crew combined IIRC), but the major liners utterly dwarfed every structure on land. Was kinda bizarre. The scenery was much better when there weren't any around.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon May 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Why do nudists want to do things with other nudists? If I'm gonna wander through the woods naked, I'd rather do it alone. Some cherry-cheeked lass is welcome to join, but after that I draw the line. Evil or Very Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 am

Maybe Halfy, its so they can compare how their own bodies have weathered over the years ? You kinda feel better if someone else has a flabbier arse than you or if their tummy is bouncier than Homer Simpson's Smile It is a wake up call to how bodkins really are. We are not all slender, firm, elf like faery creatures as we might have been in youth. We have a nudist beach at Brighton & one at Hastings, both seaside towns. I did strip orrrf in my younger decadent days & it felt so nice to be free of constraints. Now, if I did it not only would Greenpeace get involved but, a near by abattoir might think one of their cows got loose !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 03, 2016 9:56 am

I used to live at Folkestone many moons ago & I remember when Dover & Folkestone got the "Sea Cat", or Vomit Comet as it was affectionately called Smile One moment it was a dot on the horizon the next we were running off the beach convinced it wasnt gonna stop & we'd get mowed down. The speed of that thing was frightening. One minute it looked so tiny the next, a monster !.

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 Seacat_zpskii9eatu

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 03, 2016 2:41 pm

azriel wrote:Maybe Halfy, its so they can compare how their own bodies have weathered over the years ? You kinda feel better if someone else has a flabbier arse than you or if their tummy is bouncier than Homer Simpson's Smile It is a wake up call to how bodkins really are. We are not all slender, firm, elf like faery creatures as we might have been in youth. We have a nudist beach at Brighton & one at Hastings, both seaside towns. I did strip orrrf in my younger decadent days & it felt so nice to be free of constraints. Now, if I did it not only would Greenpeace get involved but, a near by abattoir might think one of their cows got loose !

Sounds like are argument for nudists not to want to get together. Suspect I remain confused by the pull to congregate.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue May 03, 2016 3:12 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{A day of ships- sadly all at the wrong time for me as I was at work- but spotted this out the lounge windows and rather startled a resident by going into her room and asking her if I could take a photo out her window, so quality is ropey as its not only on extreme zoom its out a window too and it was fair moving as well)}}}

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 IMG_1818_zpsidhulux8

That's an unusual rig. If I had to guess I'd say she was designed for sail training. There's at least one program over there that allows disabled people to sail square riggers as therapy/empowerment. Some of the deck and access to the bowsprit reminds me of that.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue May 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{See the sort of things I have to put up with Mad The Glenmorag hotel mentioned here is the one in the photo above somewhere I said reminded me of the one in the Shining, and is right behind my work Mad Like I don't see enough old hairy

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 13119052_10154099795382225_5377827229589077462_n_zpsfkbgnse0wrinkled arses already and that's just my own in the mirror of a morning Mad }}}

What's Scotland coming to??? Where are the clouds of ravenous midges when you need them? Mad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

{{{Did a bit of digging on the ship- the Stavros S Niarchos- you were right about the rigging David}}}

'Stavros S Niarchos is a British brig-rigged tall ship owned and operated by the Tall Ships Youth Trust (TSYT). She is primarily designed to provide young people with the opportunity to undertake voyages as character-building exercises, rather than pure sail-training. She is also used for adult voyages and holidays, which help subsidise the operation of the ship.'

Where are the clouds of ravenous midges when you need them?- David

{{{They are about but only in certain places and times and not yet in big numbers, a little too early yet for them- which is typical, the one time you need them to bite a hairy arse they arent about but by the time I get my holidays from work (if I get them) they will be out in their bloody millions when I go camping and will bite my hairy arse instead Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 03, 2016 7:15 pm

do you intend to do some nude camping? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 04, 2016 4:34 pm

{{{{ Shocked Mad Certainly not! I only get naked one day a year- bath day Mad - and that's bad enough and I'm required by law to put a public warning out when it happens:x }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 04, 2016 7:30 pm

talking about shocking forces of nature. we had a massive storm last night inth'hills. it lit up like daylight at midnight. quite spectaculare.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 06, 2016 6:38 am

You don't see many of these around now Sad

Tales of Home [7] - Page 17 575777_492863257449342_625169995_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 am

They were in every park Smile I liked them, same as maypoles. As kids we spent HOURS in the park on the swings doing the very thing this fooked up Government want us to do......exercise ! Some dildo thought it was way too dangerous to have literally killing machines in a childs play area & maypoles, rocking horses & the like were forever banned, what a DICK !! so now, we sit at home glued to playstations & Xbox's that have funfair games like The Simms were you CAN go to a play area !! durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 06, 2016 7:40 pm

its warm weather in the UK, what the hells going on?!! I actually TOOK MY COAT OFF!!! Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next