bungobaggins
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
15 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Empty Re: LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 pm

this is nothing and I mean NOTHING as bad as Galadriel's huge ugly plates of flapping meat in the Hobbit BOT5A as she walks barefoot through Doogley Door. Why on earth didn't they use feet standins?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Empty Re: LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie

Post by malickfan Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:this is nothing and I mean NOTHING as bad as Galadriel's huge ugly plates of flapping meat in the Hobbit BOT5A as she walks barefoot through Doogley Door. Why on earth didn't they use feet standins?

PJ fancied her? Shrugging

More to the point, why wasn't she wearing armour or shoes? Galadriel strolled nonchalantly into Doggy's Dump looking like she was ready for bed after apparently teleporting there at just the right moment unaccompanied, weird to think Radagast was more prepared for battle than she was...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Bilbo's hands in that scene bothered me right from the first.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:58 pm

they look like 80 year old hands, it never bothered me though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

I must admit that last photo is a frightening version of Cate Blanchett's foot.

It almost looks like a hand!

Almost.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

this is NOT an Elven foot.  Mad  No its more like Gollum foot.

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Untitledfgogfdoff_zpsqiawdply
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 am

What.

Perhaps I'm not quite as fetishist in my views of feet, but I don't see the problem with the foot!

And no I can't say the hands bothered me. Of course Old-Bilbo is playing Young-Bilbo, but that never drew me out of the scene. Shall I post another one?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 am

yes please Very Happy

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Definitely more- we haven't got to the big grass debate yet!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm

I have to feel that Galadriel's feet were inspired by River's feet from Firefly, which were a constant theme. But they were the cute feet of a near child, which made sense in the scenes.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:58 pm

That and Whedon just seemed to have a thing for her feet and kept writing 'feet scenes' for her- there are a suspicious number of them that they are actually a part of defining her character over the series.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:23 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:this is NOT an Elven foot.  Mad  No its more like Gollum foot.

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Untitledfgogfdoff_zpsqiawdply

Everytime this scene is brought up I just think...wear some damn shoes Mrs floaty pyjamas! for a ancient Elf who's been though some heavy shit...Galadriel seems very nonchalant about the practicalities of warfare and clothing...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Summer Glau is a dancer, and the way she moved her feet made for striking visuals. I don't think Whedon had any unusual fetish for her feet, I think he just saw the incomparable imagery and thought it would be a waste not to keep using it as a leitmotif for her character.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:16 pm

The Hobbit directed by Quentin Tarantino.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Hmm, let's see. BOFA-EE had

- weirdly shoehorned-in bare feet
- tons of blood and gore
- an R rating
- pop culture references (albeit entirely to LOTR)

I think we've got a pretty good case for a ghost director having been involved. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 pm

The Bride (of Celeborn) to Sauron as he walks down the stone steps: "Uwasa ga hitori-aruki shiteru mitai da ne".

Gogo (Gorthaur's nickname among the Yakuza) answers: "Sou da na." :spins meteor hammer:

Or something close.

Very Happy
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:59 pm

I heard that Sauron originally intended to call the Nazgul the Crazy Ninety-Nine but had to give up on this plan when 90 of his Rings were misplaced in a briefcase that somehow, many Ages later, ended up in the possession of a Los Angeles crime boss.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Laughing Eldo

Ninety Rings for the LA Kings, doomed to crime
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:40 pm

This is a thread I hadn't noticed. And I see that The Fellowship is at least mentioned now and then. Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:03 pm

its the big toe sticking up that gets me. it reminds me of an Olive Oil cartoon.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Enough stinky elven feet! Mad Where's the next screen cap- I've got a forty page argument about grass waiting to go Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:53 pm

get on with it then. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 pm

I thought Forest was doing the next one Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:01 am

Bloody heck! Must I do everything?!?  {{{  Wink }}}

Give me a mo'.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:40 am

LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring - Screencap Thingie - Page 12 Lotr1-movie-screencaps.com-1170

1. Apart from when Frodo and Gandalf hug, this is the first example in FotR of a hobbit and a human-sized figure on-screen at the same time. How many viewings did it take you to begin to wonder how this effect was accomplished?

2. After the intense battle sequences of the prologue, this introduction to the Shire is peaceful and relaxing. If the prologue was cut and these scenes between Gandalf and Frodo opened the film, how do you think this would effect the cinematic arc of the film?

3. It can be argued that in the first film, Gandalf and Frodo are the main protagonists. Aragorn muddles this in a vexing manner, but tell me: what are your impressions of these two characters at this point in the film?

Bonus Question!   jocolor
What if Gandalf's smoking pipe had somehow tumbled into the back of the cart? Would the resulting explosion and dematerialization of our two protagonists make for a more exciting film?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next