Amarië
Norc
azriel
20 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Empty Re: Holidays and absences [3]

Post by David H Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Amarië wrote:I'm on important Fjordian business. Palantir silence might become necessary.

pale {{{i won't make a sound}}} silent

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Not a holiday per se, but I had a great day out in The West Country (Somerset to the non Brits in the forum), visited several local cider farms/farmshops (stocking up on lots of beer and scrumpy drunken ), did a bit of early Christmas shopping (the food side of things really), had a nice lunch and we had a leisurely drive home through some absolutely stunning scenery and views with great weather all day, not a particularly healthy (or cheap) day out considering all the booze/food I bought and the hours cooped up in a car, but a very enjoyable one nonetheless. Tend to go up there once or twice a year with my Uncle, it's always a great relaxing day out (especially as I don't do the driving Laughing ) and good to support small businesses in a different part of the country.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Hear hear Malick Very Happy There's something soothing about yee old west country Smile its like another piece of time that you can get to just by crossing a field. I always feel Ive left something behind when Ive ever left Devon or Cornwall..... ( & not just my bloody wallet Smile ) It feels like a piece of Olde England that refuses to let go. I try to buy goods etc with local business even if its a tad dearer than say a supermarket, you gotta try to keep the little grocers going

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 pm

{{{Take care in Troll country Amarie- we dont want to lose an Ambassador- its not been a good time recently for Forumshire nobs- we've lost a Queen, had Admin hand over the reigns and lost our Mayor too! I'm starting to think there is someone out to get Forumshire's hierarchy! So beautiful eleven eyes peeled lass! Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Scooby10

You don't mean....... Suspect .......... a..... conspiracy.....???

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 pm

Are we being nobbled off one by one ?

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Sb10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 am

azriel wrote:Hear hear Malick Very Happy  There's something soothing about yee old west country Smile  its like another piece of time that you can get to just by crossing a field. I always feel Ive left something behind when Ive ever left Devon or Cornwall..... ( & not just my bloody wallet Smile ) It feels like a piece of Olde England that refuses to let go. I try to buy goods etc with local business even if its a tad dearer than say a supermarket, you gotta try to keep the little grocers going

Smile Thumbs Up pub

Yeah, I don't tend to buy much from local stores as they are normally quite expensive here on the south coast, but I make an exception for this yearly tradition, you can't get decent Scrumpy in Hampshire (at least not for a comparable price) and the people in Somerset are so friendly and enthusiastic (Weston Super-Mare is a complete and utter dump though No ), such great produce and scenery, I don't drive and haven't been on a proper holiday in more than 10 years so it's always a day out I look forward to.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:29 pm

My excitement & joy is my annual day out at Lammas Very Happy I love it !! So many people turn up dressed as Eves, faeries, Green man, Goths, Hippies, Pagans. There's Morris men, live music, beer tent, people dressed as Celts making things with raw wood or ladies dressed in medieval smocks spinning wool or making hairbands, Smile Its a festival like Harvest Festival really & it last for the last weekend of July Smile Everyone is accepting & friendly, the atmosphere is warm, homely & lovely Smile There's stalls to buy your fav Tiedye t-shirt or, runes, joss sticks, clothes for all walks of life Smile I shall take some snappies & hope the weather keeps nice Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh that does sound lovely!

Been to a place called Eagle's nest today. Many ravens (or crows? Black with yellow beaks and redish feet, not familar with those. ) But no eagles, great or small. So no news to be found there. But we took a lot of pictures, so some might appear here when some half decent wifi is found...

Will be spending some time by a great lake next.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Look forward to that, I like looking at photo's Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Well, i suppose I should tell the story of this last weekend. Here in Yankshire we have three 3-day weekends during the summer: Memorial day, Labor day, and 4th of July; though the 4th is often more than 3 days depending on when it falls. This time it fell on a Tuesday, making a 4-day weekend.

So I always go to this place in central Pennsylvania, out in the wilds with no cell phone service, where there's a scenic overlook us free flyers can launch from, and we camp where we land, by the river. Saturday was quite wet, but the other 3 nights I stayed out past 3 am around the campfires...I usually pull off one really late night but for some reason things just kept going, perhaps because of nice weather and flying.

For some reason I decided to bring along my portable palantir. Kept it in the car the first night, but after that tossed it in the tent and forgot about it. Monday night I went to bed late, and noticed a smell like something had died. But it being 3 am and all I just opened the flaps and slept through it.

The next morning as I was packing up to leave I found out some of what was going on: the rain on saturday had gathered in a puddle below my sleeping pad, where I hadn't noticed it. It seems to have turned somewhat biological but didn't quite account for the stench. On the drive home I mainly had the windows open, and finally in my small apartment I noticed most of the stench was coming from my palantir bag! Shocked

I took everything out, and found everything damp. Apparently when I left bed the lowest depression transferred from my sleeping pad to my palantir, the puddle followed; and when I'd crawl back into bed it would transfer back and I never noticed it. Worse still, as I pulled stuff out of the bag it was all wet, and I eventually discovered a slug in a shirt I used for extra padding. Over the warm days from saturday it was busy fermenting, until it finally reached the threshold of penetration on monday night.

When I fired up the palantir it coughed and spluttered, started to boot, then froze. I did a hard reboot, and that was when it croaked out something about a missing hard disk, and expired. I suppose whacking an ailing palantir with a boot may not be the recommended procedure, but there we go.

So I hauled it into the computer shop, and a few hours later they called and said the battery had corroded, they had replaced it, and everything was fine. I complained it had mentioned a hard disk, not a battery, but the physical evidence was plain. I took it back and it worked fine that night.

The next morning it was a brick. Hauled it back in to the shop, a few hours later they called to say it was working fine, no charge.

Fortunately I'm something of a cloud physicist, so it's pretty clear to me what's going on: I've got hydrophylic biological residue (slug scum) on my components. When it cools down in the morning, the relative humidity goes up, and the slug scum nucleates water droplets and my palantir's metaphorical eyes spin around in it's metaphorical head before it face-plants.

I need the damn thing cleaned. The shop wants $400. I think I know somebody who knows somebody in Chinatown who will do it for half that price.

Meanwhile the bag stunk to high heaven. The first night back I rinsed it off and it still stunk. I soaped it and rinsed it, and left it out to dry. The next morning it still stunk. I remembered hauling it off to the trash.

That evening I suddenly I realized I had my hand palantir charging cable and earbuds in a pocket in the bag! I frantically ran to the trash room, but it had been hauled out. I ran outside to be faced with 20 trash bags. I felt over each one for a bag; nothing. I opened up each one and peered inside: no bag. It may have been underneath another layer of filth, but I had reached my limit. I contemplated ordering another set of each, but wasn't ready to face it.

The next morning as I was about to take my shower I found the bag sitting there. All the excitement about the palantir made me forget I had given it a last minute reprieve when I realized I had never completely immersed it and stirred it around in water with good detergent, so had gone back, pulled it out of the trash, and scrubbed it down like a recalcitrant poodle. All the accoutrements for my hand palantir were safe in a forgotten pocket, if a bit stinky.

So if you've been wondering what happened to me over the last week, I think that about covers it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:45 pm

Don't worry about getting rid of the smell Halfy. All you have to do is go to the animal rescue shelter, adopt the most needy looking dog you can find, and then blame the smell on the dog. Everybody wins! Smugdog

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Mad ( Razz )

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 am

{{Holy crap Halfy! You got a weeks worth of a crabbit all at once Evil or Very Mad Best way to get rid of the smell is to get sooo drunk you either cant smell it anymore/dont care anymore/or just add to it Twisted Evil drunken Whichever way problem solved! Nod }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Laughing  thoze slugz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Holy crap Halfy! You got a weeks worth of a crabbit all at once Evil or Very Mad Best way to get rid of the smell is to get sooo drunk you either cant smell it anymore/dont care anymore/or just add to it Twisted Evil drunken  Whichever way problem solved! Nod }}}

That works too, but you'll still want the dog.

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 8f428117765920bdce3039efc22db772

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:36 am

{{{ Sadly I have cats- this does not happen with cats! Mad
ps two of your bears appear to have got loose! Sofa }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:25 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ ps two of your bears appear to have got loose!  Sofa  }}}

I hate when that happens.... pale

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:54 pm

My God Halfy, you poor chap. That's one camping trip you'll remember for a long time to come Smile Who'd a thought a nasty, slimy, gooey slug could cause so much trouble ! I hate those dang things with a passion ! Snails as well, they aint any better.

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 Mumbea10

A view of a cub thru Mum bears paws Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:10 pm

azriel wrote:

A view of a cub thru Mum bears paws  Smile

That's such a cool picture Az!  cheers (I don't suppose the photographer was ever heard from again though... pale )

Edit: I just snagged the pic. Thanks Az!!! pub

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Dear David, you are most welcome I love you As for the photographer I am sure he is alive & well. The shot was taken with a camera rigged up inside the tree stump Very Happy So, he still has all his fingers & toes Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:07 pm

I think our David is a Master of Bears

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 21 20170711

Does this work I wonder?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 pm

{{{ Stunning Amarie- looks like an amazing place- hard to criticize your summer read too- but I will Twisted Evil no Forumshire novel to read!!! Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:36 pm

It'll do. Smile

As you can see I brought a proper travel guide. I've been to the last homely embassy, travelled through narrow passes, damp tunnels and found the Eagle's nest high on a mountain.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next