Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
halfwise
20 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars [2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars [2]

Post by davidjoneshoward Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:31 pm

malickfan wrote:I'm convinced Han will die in EP 7, as much as I like him as a character, Harrison Ford had a point-Han's arc was already complete in ROTJ-self serving rogue to rebel hero...I'm not sure his likely death will hit as hard now we know he's already had a full life...

Just goes to show how steadily worse George Lucus got over the years with his creative decisions. And if Han's death wont hit hard on the audience, why have his death at all?
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:13 pm

ooooooh no! Sad that would be sad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:ooooooh no! Sad  that would be sad.

I'll be more upset if Luke dies personally Crying or Very sad

Only Six weeks to go Shocked it's still kinda hard to believe Ep 7 is coming out...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Wow six weeks to go. I'm really fucking hyped now. I was still in the mindset that it was 3 months away.

Personally, as much as I'm convinced Star Wars 7 will be a masterpiece, I'm more hyped for 'Warcraft', the movie based on the Blizzard video game. Duncan Jones, the director, has a pretty good, but short track record, and I think he'll set the bar for the best vg movie ever (not that the bar is high already, though). Anyways, worth looking into.
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:22 pm

Love this. Very Happy

http://tinymintywolf.tumblr.com/post/131526853188/i-just-really-liked-this-post-from

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:13 pm

davidjoneshoward wrote:Wow six weeks to go. I'm really fucking hyped now. I was still in the mindset that it was 3 months away.

Personally, as much as I'm convinced Star Wars 7 will be a masterpiece, I'm more hyped for 'Warcraft', the movie based on the Blizzard video game. Duncan Jones, the director, has a pretty good, but short track record, and I think he'll set the bar for the best vg movie ever (not that the bar is high already, though). Anyways, worth looking into.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to Warcraft. My initial reaction was that it would probably be trash but I enjoyed both of Duncan Jones' movies so far (yes, including Source Code) so I definitely want to see this. I mean, I'm definitely more hyped for Star Wars, but I'm curious about both particularly since there are so few epic fantasy movies coming out.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Yeah, Duncan seems to really have things under control with his movie. The only thing I have doubts about is Chris Metzen's involvements in it. People here may not know because they don't play WoW, but Metzen is a shit storyteller who likes to bloat everything. I'd say some of the lore in recent years is worse than PJ's treatment to the Hobbit, because with PJ, he's not pulling the entire thing out his ass, but somewhat out of Tolkien's (who's ass is probably much cleaner Laughing).

And I'm sure here and there I'll be agitated with a few things in the movie that are over simplified (which is what the studio does to make it "appeal to all audiences), or not give enough shades of grey

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:16 pm

The acting in the Warcraft movie may not be the best either. They have actors like Paula Patton, who I just saw last night in the MI:IV, and I can't say her performance is the highlight of the movie (not that it should be though, I'm just saying it wasn't that good) They also got Dominic Cooper, who was in that Dracula movie with the actor of Bard. I've never seen him in anything, but some people say he's kind of stale.

However, they do have Clancy Brown, the asshole guard from Shawshank Redemption, Travis Fimmel from Vikings, and Ben Foster from various stuff (apparently he's REALLY good). I'm sure if we see more of them and less of the 'meh' actors the movie will turn out fine.

Getting back to the topic of Star Wars, I thought some of the acting in the original trio was terrible, but it worked completely fine with me, audiences, and almost all critics at the time, because it gave it a B movie effect that you would find in 50s movies. Warcraft, from what I know, isn't going to be a fun adventure movie with the same innocence Star Wars had, it's going to be gritty and realistic, so acting is obviously a bigger component there
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:35 am

Clancy Brown!  cheers cheers
I thought he was great in [i]Highlander[/]. Here he is on the left with Sean Connery!

Star Wars [2] - Page 2 1990953,Rf4ef1zhLKcNXmlD4cMWTPWvHQUQNH1NdMWH0ohVkC1GjloOH+T4rMz5VSWRYOGwLjvcjUu1YrRzqTUZsIYyBg==

{{{Those codpieces!}}}

I like Ben Foster too, mostly. He was good in that spaceship-sent-to-alien-planet film, I thought.
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:43 pm

davidjoneshoward wrote:
Getting back to the topic of Star Wars, I thought some of the acting in the original trio was terrible, but it worked completely fine with me, audiences, and almost all critics at the time, because it gave it a B movie effect that you would find in 50s movies.

Mark Hamil's acting as Luke was the weakest link in the chain, but some of that may be ascribed to George Lucas' direction, who seems to prefer his young men to be whiners. Look at what he did with Anakin Skywalker.

If you want truly piss-poor acting, look to the alien bit parts in Star Trek TNG. It has middle school play written all over it (I won't say high school because I've seen MUCH better acting in high school plays).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:49 pm

http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/this-guy-just-changed-the-way-we-see-star-wars-jar-jar#page-1

This is fucked up Laughing

Star Wars [2] - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 pm

But I like it Very Happy

Star Wars [2] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Star Wars [2] - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:33 pm

I'll buy it. It's along the lines of Bombadil being a figure of dark menace.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:45 pm

George Lucus isn't good at being that subte tho
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:53 pm

When George Lucus has his desired budget, compete creative control, and the approval of business associates (who definitely wouldn't tell george lucus his movie sucks), then his ideas basically come out like a a huge unobtainable fire hose.

This probably applies with the Jar Jar theory. Not that I don't think the theory is well thought out, it's just implausible when it's coming from the same man that thought it would be good to hire Hayden Christensen.

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Jar Jar is a cartoon space rabbit. Having him be evil is an amusing thought but it has as much validity as "fly, you fools" being a reference to the LOTR Eagles theory.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Eldorion wrote:Jar Jar is a cartoon space rabbit.  Having him be evil is an amusing thought but it has as much validity as "fly, you fools" being a reference to the LOTR Eagles theory.

The Fly You Fools Theory is more valid cause it wouldn't go against gandalf's character. Jar Jar is just too stupid to do any of this. The entire theory might be plausible if it didn't go against his intelligence. I'm sure the author who came up with the theory was aware of this
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm

But that's the genius of it: he's in disguise, he just appears to be an utter moron.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 pm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 am

Plinkett wins.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:33 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:41 pm

I didn't plan to watch the whole thing but that was actually really interesting.  It was nice to get to hear speculation that didn't rely too much on spoilers or leaks.  I really hope that they don't rehash the original trilogy that much but that's what I've been worried about since the initial announcement and especially since JJ became involved.  Regardless, I'm glad to still be getting new RLM content of it. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:46 pm

I hadn't even considered a rehash of the original trilogy, but Mike and Rich made it seem very probable.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Yeah, the way they laid the evidence out like that made the bad feeling I've had since seeing the (apparent) Death Star III in the poster get worse. Still excited for the new movie but the apprehension is getting stronger again.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:30 am

It's like The Hobbit all over again! Mad

That sinking feeling is all of your limitless hopes and airy expectations being slowly replaced by the finite and gritty realities of franchise film-making!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next