halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:04 am

halfwise wrote:I'm quite enjoying the spectacle of you Norcing out.  It really does help to throw things and scream.  Nothing else calms you down quite as productively as trashing a room: unlike alcohol you can get right to work immediately afterwords.

it did help Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:04 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
Norc wrote:[snip snip]

um this reminds me of how life should be at the age of 20-30. its called being young. make the most of it, it goes too quick. boys and booz. Razz  some advice. pick good quality boys and booz. It means less hangover trauma and cystitis.

I also flunked uni TWICE because of booz and boys, once when I was 18, was having too much of a damn good time to pah! study. Razz  got chucked out. then I tried again at 23, same thing, too many boys and boozes to be had, got chucked out, so I got married for the hell of it, got chucked out, and so on until gradually like yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars later. I decided to go back to uni. now I enjoy it and get a shit load of work done.
this is so reassuring to hear. honestly.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:08 am

thanx Blue, maybe not advice, but encouraging words and i thank you for it Smile i'll do thos shit. if it takes my last breath. (also my shoes arrived so i have that carrot, picking them up tomorrow if i have the self control)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Norc wrote: my shoes arrived so i have that carrot

This one? Smile

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Funny-Penis-Food-12

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Norc wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

um this reminds me of how life should be at the age of 20-30. its called being young. make the most of it, it goes too quick. boys and booz. Razz  some advice. pick good quality boys and booz. It means less hangover trauma and cystitis.

I also flunked uni TWICE because of booz and boys, once when I was 18, was having too much of a damn good time to pah! study. Razz  got chucked out. then I tried again at 23, same thing, too many boys and boozes to be had, got chucked out, so I got married for the hell of it, got chucked out, and so on until gradually like yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars later. I decided to go back to uni. now I enjoy it and get a shit load of work done.

basically. enjoy yourself and don't worry too much. for me personally it was a mistake going to uni so young, I was completely wild and barking mad, so it would never have worked out. I had to wait until I was ready mentally able to knuckle down and seriously study, and that took 20 years Embarassed . some people are pretty mature and sensible at an early age and can deal with life and find it easy, some people need to take their time and get things out of their system, but theres always a second chance if you really want it, don't worry about fucking things up, its a natural part of becoming an adult.

actually I was thinking if there were any regrets I had, you know if I could go back in time in the TARDIS what advice would I give my younger myself. I think the most important one is ''don't smoke!!'' that's my biggest regret. its really stupid and I could kick myself for doing it. not the occasional spliff, but 40 a day puffing. that's just crazy. you don't feel bad at the time but later the price has to be paid and its horrible. so yeah, don't smoke, that's my advice to any young person. its a mugs game.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 pm

For gawds sake Razz  ( Daves teenage carrot )
And as for you ( norc ) saying "who let me grow up ? ", well, you did sweetheart ! Very Happy  Your gonna be a lovely young woman.

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:42 pm

David H wrote:
Norc wrote: my shoes arrived so i have that carrot

This one? Smile

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Funny-Penis-Food-12
damn right gurrl!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Norc wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

basically. enjoy yourself and don't worry too much. for me personally it was a mistake going to uni so young, I was completely wild and barking mad, so it would never have worked out. I had to wait until I was ready mentally able to knuckle down and seriously study, and that took 20 years Embarassed . some people are pretty mature and sensible at an early age and can deal with life and find it easy, some people need to take their time and get things out of their system, but theres always a second chance if you really want it, don't worry about fucking things up, its a natural part of becoming an adult.

actually I was thinking if there were any regrets I had, you know if I could go back in time in the TARDIS what advice would I give my younger myself. I think the most important one is ''don't smoke!!'' that's my biggest regret. its really stupid and I could kick myself for doing it. not the occasional spliff, but 40 a day puffing. that's just crazy. you don't feel bad at the time but later the price has to be paid and its horrible. so yeah, don't smoke, that's my advice to any young person. its a mugs game.
haha, i value your advice Smile i don't think it'll take me 20 years (i hope) but i do feel the need to rebel a little Razz

and i don't smoke. never have. never will Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:45 pm

azriel wrote:For gawds sake Razz  ( Daves teenage carrot )
And as for you ( norc ) saying "who let me grow up ? ", well, you did sweetheart ! Very Happy  Your gonna be a lovely young woman.
not grow up. who let me be an adult. completely different Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Yeah, your right ! there is a difference ! Razz Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Yup adulthood is just dropped on you and you are expected to just deal with it. Mad (My own choice to doing so- drunken drunken drunken )
Truth is there are no adults Norc. Just people who are older, but still trying to grow up.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Late to the party here but I hope you're feeling a little better, Norc. Growing up is definitely a weird feeling. I can sympathize with that. Glad that people and the forum were here for you.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 pm

""Glad that people and the forum were here for you."" Eldo.

What ?...... Us ?.......... the oddest batch going ? Well, if you think we are safe enough to help ok, on yer own head be it ! Razz Laughing Very Happy

Norc, get drunk 1st, read 2nd Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:44 pm

not feeling better really... still lots of work ahead of me because i am a miserable bastard, but i am so grateful for all of you with your encouraging words <3
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 am

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:09 pm

so totally gonna be up all night with this.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:47 pm

My rule in college (and life in general) is that if it's not important enough to keep me awake without artificial stimulants, it's not important enough.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Anyone know why Americans make the h in 'herbal' silent?
It sounds so weird. What do Americans say for 'herb'? 'Erb'?
Anyone know why? Of all the changes between UK and US English this one always strikes me as weird.

Almost as weird as dropping the 's' off 'maths' and making it singular when mathematics is a pluralistic word indicating several disciplines not a single subject. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:00 pm

I think it's because Americans expect the British are dropping the 'h', as they do in " 'ello! see 'ere now!" Just trying to fit in, so it's your own damn fault.

And we are NOT dropping the 's' in "math". It's short for "mathematics", but only a bunch of lunatics would perform the eminently useful task of chopping off 3/4 of a word, only to go galloping to the end to fetch a letter and stick it back on. Make a clean break of it, dammit. You don't shorten "Frederic" to "Fredc" do you? "Caravan" didn't become "Carn" did it?

And on top of that there's been a rash of dropping 'r' from the end of words where they belong, then sticking them back on to words where they don't, sort of like a linguistic lost and found. "Oh, he lorst his keys, did 'e? Don't worry, he won't get fah."

There's actually another word where this overcompensation is done all the time, I just can't remember it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:08 pm

only a bunch of lunatics would perform the eminently useful task of chopping off 3/4 of a word, only to go galloping to the end to fetch a letter and stick it back on.- Halfwise

But it has to be there to denote its not one subject but an umbrella term for many. If you call it math then you are indicating it is a single subject. Mad

'"Oh, he lorst his keys, did 'e? Don't worry, he won't get fah."'

That's just regional variations in language- officially the h is not silent- what seems weird to me in the US is that a silent h on herb seems universal- across regions and accents.
And I just wonder how that managed to happen.

Talking of origins of words- I recommend the entire playlist of these whenever you find yourself with a couple minutes to kill watch one-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 35 Sweet%20dreams_zpspdkf0x88

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Anyone know why Americans make the h in 'herbal' silent?
It sounds so weird. What do Americans say for 'herb'? 'Erb'?
Anyone know why? Of all the changes between UK and US English this one always strikes me as weird.

A lot of words that have French origins do that in American English, like honour, honesty, and hors d'oeuvres.
I suspect it was something that was decided on and drilled into students in the late 19th and early 20th century when we were trying to standardize rules for a nation of immigrants. Still you do hear Herb, Herbal, Herbalist etc with the H pronounced fairly frequently, at least around here, and only grandmothers and teachers bother to correct you.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:30 pm

As for Maths, th-s is too awkward for the tongue for some Brits too. I've often heard "Maffs". Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Alright, riddle me this Batman. Tell me why everyone on Eastenders says "finking" (thinking) and "someink" (something).

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum