azriel
David H
Bluebottle
malickfan
Eldorion
15 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko [3] - Page 12 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko [3]

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:29 pm

The terrorism case is rather reminiscent of how we ended up going to war with Iraq. I'm wondering if he got a real trial or a tribunal. Inscrutable as trial procedure may seem to the layman, it has developed to guard against entrapment of both defendants and witnesses.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko [3] - Page 12 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko [3]

Post by David H Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:51 am

halfwise wrote: I'm wondering if he got a real trial or a tribunal. .

A real trial, but with the government withholding all the key evidence for the defense, and the key witness for the prosecution blatantly lying in the absence of evidence.   Here's a shorter article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-rosenfeld/eric-mcdavid-deserves-ans_b_6533688.html

Edit: Forgot to post link to the first article. http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-tough-questions-feds-jailed-innocent-man-nine-143248810.html

Here's another quote:
On July 30, Reichel filed a 28-page motion in federal court in Sacramento asking U.S. District Court Judge Morrison C. England, Jr. to order the government to explain itself. The U.S. Attorney’s Office and the FBI would be required to detail how and why the evidence went missing. The motion also asks the judge to “grant such further relief as the Court deems appropriate.” Maybe someone will be punished. Maybe more transparency can be introduced.

Under terms of his current plea agreement, McDavid, now 37, is not allowed to sue. He wrote in an e-mail, the day of the filing, “Some agents of the government—of the people—withheld documents that could have helped my defense. Someone is responsible, and there needs to be accountabiltiy. Withholding discovery is not unique to my case. If I can do something [with this motion] to aid others, then I want to.”

“Every time the government is caught hiding exculpatory evidence it adds to the pressure for them to become more open, transparent and law abiding,” said attorney Stephen Downs, who has studied terror prosecutions in the U.S.since 9/11. “If this motion results in holding the Government accountable for violating their disclosure obligations I think it might have a significant impact.

Reichel had reason to believe Judge England would be receptive to such a motion. Six months earlier, England, who is not given to great displays of emotion in court, loudly procliamed his anger that prosecutors had failed to disclose the letters previously.

“This is huge!” he barked. “I want to know what happened.… Especially when I’m the one that was in charge of this trial…and I had to rule as to whether or not this entrapment defense would be permitted…. And I sentenced this person to an inordinate amount of time when I shouldn’t have done so. So am I a little upset right now? Yes, I am!”

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:50 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko [3] - Page 12 FVF9liE

USA

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/05/us/tennessee-theater-shooting/index.html

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Hey Halfy you never mentioned there were naked painted chicks wandering about NY as a tourist attraction!

What happened to Americas famous fear of the lady nipple?!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 pm

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150822/eu--france-train_attack-5be2fb37d9.html

hurr durr murica is stoopid. murica bad. muricans dumb. hurr durr.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Well you've got to admit- Americans stopping terrorism instead of being the no1 cause of it does make a nice change.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Hey Halfy you never mentioned there were naked painted chicks wandering about NY as a tourist attraction!

What happened to Americas famous fear of the lady nipple?!

A) New York City should not be confused with the rest of America
B) The culture is evolving.

We also have chicks doing pole dances in the subways. Just not the ones I commonly ride. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm

those guys are amazingly brave. I hope they gave that twat a good kicking.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 pm

This is terrible. Do not watch the video, it's terrifying.

http://m.wdbj7.com/news/local/law-enforcement-investigating-incident-at-bridgewater-plaza/34923086

Let's continue to do nothing about gun control, seems to be working out fine. Evil or Very Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

There are some common sense efforts going on all over the place, but they need more support against the challenges of the gun lobby.

http://news.yahoo.com/national-rifle-association-sues-seattle-over-gun-violence-042119117.html

SEATTLE (Reuters) - The National Rifle Association and other gun rights groups sued Seattle on Monday over a new tax on firearms and ammunition sales, arguing the city had violated a Washington state law barring municipalities from enacting local firearms regulations.

Earlier this month, Seattle City Council unanimously approved a "gun violence tax" on sellers of firearms and ammunition, directing proceeds toward violence prevention programs and research beginning in January.

A companion measure requires gun owners to report cases of lost and stolen firearms to police.

"The Seattle ordinance is nothing but a 'poll tax' on the Second Amendment and an effort to drive Seattle's firearms retailers out of business," said National Shooting Sports Foundation General Counsel Lawrence Keane, a plaintiff.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:36 pm

"...requires gun owners to report cases of stolen weapons to the police..."

Why, that will allow the government to find out you have a weapon! At which point they will naturally take it away! Outrageous!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:49 pm

The 2nd amendment gives every citizen the right to "keep and bear arms". Presumably by being enough of a dumb **** to let your gun be stolen, you've failed to "keep" and so the government must step in, apparently. Makes sense to me. Nod

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:37 pm

As long as I live I will never understand the gun nuts. They must think having one out in public with them will make them safe in an attack or let them "be the hero." But I feel like they might be all talk. Are we just going to let more and more people die? They seem to be okay with it.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:07 am

bungobaggins wrote:They must think having one out in public with them will make them safe in an attack or let them "be the hero."

I think you're right Bungo. Hero fantasies have way too much to do with it, but that's how guns are marketed now.

Personally I think if people want to have hero fantasies they shouldn't look any further than the 3 guys who took down the gunman on the French train recently.
THAT'S the way you do it! And no firearms necessary. Nod

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Once again, the rare conservative making rational statements about America's gun culture and hoping for change. Unfortunately there is no comment section.

http://theweek.com/articles/573932/conservative-case-reforming-americas-sick-gun-culture

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Good article. Too bad it will fall on deaf ears in his own party.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:46 pm

The 2nd amendment gives every citizen the right to "keep and bear arms".- David

I've spent about a week now hearing on and off from pro-Trumpists about the amendment regarding citizenship to children born in the US as an automatic right shouldn't count- because when it was written they didn't mean it to be used in the current circumstances and could not have envisioned such circumstances.
These are the same sorts of Republicans who would never accept gun law and restriction banning all weapons that were not available at the time the 2nd amendment was written, on the equal basis they could not have envisioned today's problems or weaponry.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Careful there, Petty - you're attempting to apply logical reasoning to Republicans, or politics for that matter. Thin ice dude, thin ice.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:47 pm

So they have the right to a castle and an unmentioned number of bear's front paws? Peculiar... Most peculiar.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:10 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko [3] - Page 12 Mn33oLd
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 pm

And your left.

USA

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Amarië wrote:

So they have the right to a castle and an unmentioned number of bear's front paws? Peculiar... Most peculiar.

Exactly Amarië! cheers

In America we usually phase it as "exceptional" rather than "peculiar", but the concept is basically the same. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Yeah I totally ment to use the more positive 'exceptional' rather than 'peculiar', quite right you are, languages you know, can get tricky, wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that bear arms was a 'peculiar' thing, specially not anyone known to have access to bears, I am very pro bears, my son has a teddybear named Sol and I know people named Bjørn, so 'exceptional', yes, that's the word I'd use.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next