If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?

+13
huffjuff
Lancebloke
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Amarië
David H
bungobaggins
Bluebottle
halfwise
Mrs Figg
azriel
RA
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? - Page 5 Empty Re: If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:16 pm

was in Barnes and Noble today and seen a book on how to speak Dothraki, was half tempted to open it but since they were all wrapped in plastic I figure I better not Rolling Eyes

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? - Page 5 Empty Re: If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Visiting Barnes and Noble used to be such a common past time. Sad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:46 pm

halfwise wrote:Visiting Barnes and Noble used to be such a common past time. Sad

we only have one left and its near my tattoo shop so when he couldn't get me in today I went and looked at books LOL

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 am

French, always sounds sexy.

If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? - Page 5 Giphy

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Sinister71 wrote:was in Barnes and Noble today and seen a book on how to speak Dothraki, was half tempted to open it but since they were all wrapped in plastic I figure I better not  Rolling Eyes

If you ask they usually let you unwrap the book... in my experience anyway, perhaps hoping you will buy. Especially if there is more than one copy.

I would be interested in how to say "grey horse" in the speech of the Dothraki Suspect
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:43 am

halfwise wrote:Visiting Barnes and Noble used to be such a common past time. Sad

It still is for the cool kids!  Mad

Elthir: in my experience, we know some people will unwrap stuff no matter what we say, so there's no sense in trying to stop it... Though people who don't (or who ask) are always appreciated!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 am

I got a B&N gift card for Christmas, so I'll eventually pay them a visit. Smile

Maybe to buy presents for next Christmas. Razz santa

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:11 am

Elthir wrote:Well I was just being stupid anyway. I know it's spelled Túrin really Wink

My little one is Jewiah   but also Okanagan an Huron. The Huron are part of the Wyondot  people . I cannot think What you mean  by Hurin, except for the character of Hurin, a person not a language. Is that what you mean. I want to learn Huron so I can share Hasia's life and speak in the language she has chosen.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Yes Húrin is not a language Leelee, and that's why my post was stupid. In short, never mind Very Happy

With respect to Barnes and Nobles, I alway ask about the wrapping... not that that salvages my silliness here or anything, but I do.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 am

It would be cool to be able to read an entire book in Japanese though Very Happy Maybe one day

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:12 pm

I've mesmerized a few lines from the film "Kill William"... but the pronunciation is probably uncorrect.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Laughing Oh Elthir, you so silly!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 pm

If you could learn another language, what would it be and why? - Page 5 Tumblr_lvmef7rkgP1qgw93no1_500_zps7eb731ff
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5