ElendilTheShort
Pettytyrant101
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty Re: 'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm

that's not Smaug
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty Re: 'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:21 pm

Looks more like Turkey-neck from Doctor Who! _ Forest

Thank you! cheers its been bugging me since I first saw that image of Smaug what the buggery it was it reminded me off. Good spot!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:00 pm

What would you ask Tolkien? Evageline Lilly replied 'Do you hate women?'

http://collider.com/lee-pace-evangeline-lilly-orlando-bloom-the-hobbit-interview/

Rolling Eyes

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Isn't she supposed to be the Tolkien fan among them? Mad

Also whats the nonsense with Kings being underground being related to Hitler in his bunker? What?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm

praps they feel they can say what they like & let their imagination career off into the sunset now that peejers has got away with blue muder. Goes to show how LITTLE they have actually read & all that they probably DO know has been drummed into them by Bog Brains Boyens & Wishy washy Walsh.

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Lee Pace looked uncomfortable with the crap they were spewing. She fancies him, she kept touching him. Saucy Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm

There's a LotR-style poster on that website as well:
'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 The-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-final-poster

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Did they actually film it?  Shocked And replaced it with Azog on ice?  Shocked

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Tumblr_nhzizgZtUe1rqprpxo1_400

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Ugh this would have been FAR BETTER. Part of me wonders if the studio saw some rough footage and said "eh, not stupid enough. Let's make them each die kind of stupidly!" And we get Fili being stabbed randomly to bait Thorin (which doesn't really work cuz he just goes to kind Kili), Kili dying to protect Tauriel (I thought the point was that it was going to be the other way around? Her protecting him because she's a kind caring soul flower ) and Thorin pulling an Oberyn in assuming the enemy is dead beyond any doubt even though said villain is A FREAK OF NATURE.

And Evangeline wondering if Tolkien hates women.... Let me just say that statement sums up the ignorance of the Coven in that respect. It makes me too crabbit to even use words. I mean I guess she could have just trying to be funny, joking about the sausage fest the films typically are, but it came out as completely uninformed and STUPID!
Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Whoops. Just watched the interview. I've only seen/heard about that statement out of context. She went back and answered her own question Embarassed

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS - Page 9 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:12 pm

malickfan wrote:What would you ask Tolkien? Evageline Lilly replied 'Do you hate women?'

http://collider.com/lee-pace-evangeline-lilly-orlando-bloom-the-hobbit-interview/

Rolling Eyes

I don't hate women, but I sure hate Evangeline Lily.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 pm

She is a woman, ergo, you do hate women.

Best to just not hate at all.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Evangeline Lily is a nincompoop
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm

BOFA had pulled ahead of DOS at the US box office, but now both films are only 2 million dollars apart for their 29th day since release.

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=vs-lotr.htm

BOFA's grand total is currently $238,969,825. I'm starting to doubt that it will make much more than DOS, perhaps just a few million more.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:48 pm

I was just looking at that same chart with the new weekend estimates.  I'm of the same opinion as bungo; less than five million over DOS seems like a reasonable forecast now.  Puts a bit of a dent in the whole "movie series finales get a boost over their predecessors" theory, although that was always based on a very small amount of data (both by number of movies and span of years) and so needs an asterisk attached to it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Most things need asterisks attached to them, I've found.*

*Just saying.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:03 am

I am fighting commas, the, little, blighters, keep, popping, up, everywhere, splitting, my, clauses Mad

need a good grammar whipper-into-shaper pronto Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 pm

On the box office front, BOFA remains more or less neck-and-neck with DOS in North America (less than a million behind day-to-day), but had a significantly better premiere in China, where DOS was also up compared to AUJ.  A billion looks still unlikely, but it's not completely out of the picture yet.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4010&p=.htm
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 pm

This is old by now, but I don't recall it getting too much attention, although maybe I just missed it or forgot. But if there is still anyone denying the obvious, this should be trumpeted from the mountaintops, just like pj's comment about adaptation not being a priority.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/no-regrets-peter-jackson-says-goodbye-to-middle-earth.html

Obviously The Hobbit is the story of Thorin Oakenshield’s quest for the Lonely Mountain
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:06 am

But look, let’s forget hardcore Tolkien fans.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:39 am

Eldorion wrote:
Obviously The Hobbit is the story of Thorin Oakenshield’s quest for the Lonely Mountain

He certainly carried through on that conviction. And whether it was or wasn't, it certainly was by the time he was finished with it. Rolling Eyes

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 am

I haven't seen Three. I should have learned my lesson by watching One but watched Two in vague hope. Knowing PJ, I should never have allowed myself even even a vague hope. Sad

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:16 pm

You are too delicate a flower Anne to be crushed beneath PJ's vision- stay well clear I say, and pure!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:47 am

I don't think BOFA will catch up to DOS at the domestic box office.

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=vs-lotr.htm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:16 am

Probably not.  The improved China gross will be enough to give it a stronger foreign finish, but it's almost certainly not going to reach $1 billion due to fall-offs in other countries.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next