ElendilTheShort
Pettytyrant101
bungobaggins
halfwise
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS Empty 'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:11 pm

#OneLastTime

Norway: December 10
New Zealand: December 11
UK: December 12
Italy: December 17
Canada: December 17
United States: December 17
Australia: December 26
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS Empty Re: 'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:15 pm

What a slap in the face to Australia to get it two weeks after New Zealand!

And somebody must have been paying attention to have the public premier in Norway.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS Empty Re: 'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:49 pm

They got DOS and I think AUJ earliest too. Those damn Northern Europeans must be on to something. Mad

Also note that the release dates in the OP do not include midnight/late PM showings which technically happen the day before.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, I'll probably be going to a 7pm showing Tuesday night.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:19 pm

I'll find out my work schedule for next week tonight, but I probably won't go until Wednesday afternoon or evening, since I usually have to go to bed early on Tuesday nights in order to get up for work.

There's also the half-day Hobbit marathon on Monday the 15th for US-hobbits, but I'm gonna pass on that.  I am going to rewatch AUJ-EE and check out DOS-EE for the first time over the course of the next week, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:14 pm

I am going to rewatch AUJ-EE and check out DOS-EE - Eldo

Surely you meant to say the purist edits Eldo. Suspect (It would be a lot less painful for half the amount of time!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm

I'd rather watch the versions PJ created before watching PJ's final movie. I'm not especially looking forward to it though. Razz

I might give The Hobbit edit a try once it's able to cover the whole story in the space of a single (long) feature-length film, but I'm not promising anything. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:46 pm

It'll be two films -AUJ at 1hr 25 minutes and DOS - dont know how long it will be probably about 2hours at most.

I swear your refusal to watch is just to make me crabbit given you know how much I respect your views on these matters Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

halfwise wrote:What a slap in the face to Australia to get it two weeks after New Zealand!

And somebody must have been paying attention to have the public premier in Norway.

Thank the Chappel brothers for that. That'll learn you Aussies good not to be bowlin' no underarms in international one day cricket matches.

We kiwi's never forget, we never forgive.

Actually in this case a real punishment might have been giving you the movie early.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:42 pm

ElendilTheShort wrote:
halfwise wrote:What a slap in the face to Australia to get it two weeks after New Zealand!

Thank the Chappel brothers for that. That'll learn you Aussies good not to be bowlin' no underarms in international one day cricket matches.

We kiwi's never forget, we never forgive.

Actually in this case a real punishment might have been giving you the movie early.

I think its punishment for removing the sleeves on football shirts. I know its hot down there but its on a par with mullets. Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:They got DOS and I think AUJ earliest too.  Those damn Northern Europeans must be on to something. Mad

Also note that the release dates in the OP do not include midnight/late PM showings which technically happen the day before.

Yeah, it's effectively on the 9th here. Wink

http://www.filmweb.no/film/article909481.ece

One place is even showing it at 23.55. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:07 pm

I've seen listings as early as 7 and 10 PM the day before. Evidently there's a market for it but it sort of renders the term "opening day" as we use it meaningless.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:15 pm

I'll probably see it on the 12th in the Evening, get it out of the way as soon as possible Razz

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm seeing it the 16th at 11pm. I might bring a flask...

'The Battle of the Five Armies' in theatres | SPOILERS Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 pm

drunken Good plan Yer Maj Nod drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Ayup.

The Night of the 13th.

Cinema'll be virtually empty then. Just like the last two years. Yay...

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 pm

I guess I will go see it in my local cowshed. Damned if I am paying all the costs of ferry and train to go see it in a proper cinema. I mean, not like it would be worth the effort. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I guess I will go see it in my local cowshed. Damned if I am paying all the costs of ferry and train to go see it in a proper cinema. I mean, not like it would be worth the effort. Mad

But it is a special occasion, this will be your last excuse/chance to get properly crabbit at this forum's namesake (well, until the EE, Ultimate Editions, Spin Offs, Prequels and Remakes are all announced but I digress...) in style, isn't it approriate to go out with a Bang? (Jackson will probably chuck more than a few of those in amongst the Gaint Worms, Ninja Elves Goat wrestling and whatever other nonsense he's cooked up this time...) Nod

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 pm

It might be worth going out with a bang, but its not worth going with an empty sporran Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:58 pm

well if Petty does decide to go to the posh cinema he 'may be some time' as that dude captain Oates in the Antarctic once said. theres a flipping mega snow blizzard thing on the west coast.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It might be worth going out with a bang, but its not worth going with an empty sporran Mad

This is true, (ironically getting drunk and getting lost in the snow on the way to the Ferry would probably be a more interesting way to spend a day out), but you are contractually obliged to go and see it, you might as well get really crabbit about it on the process, almost 20 years of Jackson's adventures in New Zealand Tourism PromotionMiddle Earth coming to an end...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 am

It might be in my contract that I have to see it and review it- but you try getting expenses out of the NotP Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:11 am

Here's a video of our epic boys, try spotting huff Smile a bigger and fuller report will come tomorrow, but so far i can say that i enjoyed, albeit some facepalm-moments..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:28 am

I've seen it. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:32 am

Norc wrote:Here's a video of our epic boys, try spotting huff Smile a bigger and fuller report will come tomorrow, but so far i can say that i enjoyed, albeit some facepalm-moments..

This damn song. I'm singing 1.tenor. Try and find me Smile There's one place were the tenors have a "solo". We are singing "the fire is red", but none of us remembered, so there is one place were or seems like the song is stuttering... Nice movie though. I'll join norc on the stories tomorrow!

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next