Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future?

+3
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
malickfan
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How likely do you think Spin-Off/Prequel films are, and would you have any interest in them?

Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1027%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 27% 
[ 8 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1013%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 13% 
[ 4 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting100%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting103%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 3% 
[ 1 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting107%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 7% 
[ 2 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1013%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 13% 
[ 4 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1010%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 10% 
[ 3 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1017%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 17% 
[ 5 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting1010%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 10% 
[ 3 ]
Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting100%Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Voting10 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 30

Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future?

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:well he's stiff enough for the job. Shocked

What do you mean by job? pale

Embarassed

you know. standing there looking stiff.

like Celeborn did.

((((not that I was looking)))))) pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you really believe this is the end of Cinematic Middle Earth for the immediate future?

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Interesting about the proposed reboot. Nod

if it was my job to do one, I would make it a mini series like GOT for tv. But big budget looking effects also like GOT.
The tone would be a bit like the 70s Russian fairytale, not the cardboard sets and bad casting, but the oddness and quirky charm, that old fashioned nostalgic look you get from those productions. There would be a small intimate quiet feel, with lots of little details like sets and landscapes as much like Tolkiens own drawings as possible. To evoke that atmosphere when you look at his drawings and maps. The actors would all be unknowns so you dont go, 'oh look theres george Clooney as Gandalf' stuff. The music would be made out of folk type songs and natural sounds like bird song or forest sounds, rain etc. real landscapes used as much as possible, European forests, rivers, mountains. men in costumes, bigatures, proper men in sheds making stuff out of plywood along with cgi. Above all theres Bilbo at the heart of things, how he experiences everything, we the audience being like an invisible friend on his shoulder, seeing what he does, we know how he feels, we can experience ME with him, not apart from him.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Interesting about the proposed reboot. Nod

if it was my job to do one, I would make it a mini series like GOT for tv. But big budget looking effects also like GOT.
The tone would be a bit like the 70s Russian fairytale, not the cardboard sets and bad casting, but the oddness and quirky charm, that old fashioned nostalgic look you get from those productions. There would be a small intimate quiet feel, with lots of little details like sets and landscapes as much like Tolkiens own drawings as possible. To evoke that atmosphere when you look at his drawings and maps. The actors would all be unknowns so you dont go, 'oh look theres george Clooney as Gandalf' stuff. The music would be made out of folk type songs and natural sounds like bird song or forest sounds, rain etc. real landscapes used as much as possible, European forests, rivers, mountains. men in costumes, bigatures, proper men in sheds making stuff out of plywood along with cgi. Above all theres Bilbo at the heart of things, how he experiences everything, we the audience being like an invisible friend on his shoulder, seeing what he does, we know how he feels, we can experience ME with him, not apart from him.

interesting take Figgs

Since I have nothing but idle time on my hands I think I am going to write a full script for a new Hobbit film as a reboot. Using only the same available material that Jackson was able to use. Once I finish it I'll publish it and who knows maybe do one of those funding sites on the net to fully fund the project myself. With all the people not happy with Jackson's version it might be something people would be willing to get behind if they saw a script that they found to be well written and feel like the story they want to see on screen. I prefer to use practical effects myself but where they aren't possible CGI would be an option. I think middle earth has some amazing locations that would actually take me to places like England, Scotland, Norway, and possibly New Zealand. Never know what could happen really.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:56 am

I haven't seen this posted yet so,

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:35 pm

I was actually hoping that would be an option in the poll. Laughing

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:Interesting about the proposed reboot. Nod

interesting take Figgs

Since I have nothing but idle time on my hands I think I am going to write a full script for a new Hobbit film as a reboot. Using only the same available material that Jackson was able to use. Once I finish it I'll publish it and who knows maybe do one of those funding sites on the net to fully fund the project myself. With all the people not happy with Jackson's version it might be something people would be willing to get behind if they saw a script that they found to be well written and feel like the story they want to see on screen. I prefer to use practical effects myself but where they aren't possible CGI would be an option. I think middle earth has some amazing locations that would actually take me to places like England, Scotland, Norway, and possibly New Zealand. Never know what could happen really.

go for it Sin Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2