Ringdrotten
Tinuviel
Norc
bungobaggins
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by azriel Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Fook-a-doodle-do Shocked

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by David H Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Wow! Shocked

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Damn. Shocked

Does explain something that has puzzled me about ancient battles though- why so much expense and prestige was on archers when the traditional view of them is of rows of archers firing volleys.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:56 pm

History kind of leads you to believe archers were the lesser ammo because they are more vulnerable & expendable, whereas the real hero's are guys wielding shiny sharp swords & are able to hack yer head orrrf & they look so much more macho in their armour Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 am

The heavy armor guys were the nobility - they looked down on archers not just because they were lower class (and could only afford the cheaper bow and arrow), but because archery took all the fun out of battle. Two armed knights could fight with perhaps no injury until one got in a vulnerable position and surrendered, after which he would submit to capture and be ransomed. But an archer would pick off a knight from a distance, and that was the end of the encounter. Where's the honor in that? No

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:54 am

Which is something which occured to me when I saw Fox news ranting about someone calling the film American Sniper a film about a coward.

That reputation for snipers- its a cowardly act where your opponent doesn't even know you are there let alone have any fair chance in the fight- has been there since the the days of archery.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:00 pm

This your barrel, Petty?

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Tumblr_nfve6q1X2I1sykpjyo2_500

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:29 pm

nah far too clean.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Which is something which occured to me when I saw Fox news ranting about someone calling the film American Sniper  a film about a coward.

That reputation for snipers- its a cowardly act where your opponent doesn't even know you are there let alone have any fair chance in the fight- has been there since the the days of archery.

Read the book.... cant say I liked the man really.

And sniping isn't cowardly. It is war. The enemy uses far worse tactics and a sniper is generally only hidden until the first shot or two.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm

This your barrel, Petty?- Blue

Of course not, no jacuzzi.

nah far too clean.- Figg

And whose fault is that! Evil or Very Mad

'And sniping isn't cowardly. It is war.'- Lance

I am not saying it is, only that the accusation has been around probably since the invention of the slingshot.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:14 am

I think cowardice is an easy charge to make against anybody who has an advantage over you, whether it's a guy who's built like a mountain, or a guy with better armour, or a guy on a horse, or a guy who can pick you off from a safe distance. It's easy to cry "Not Fair!", but that's not to say you wouldn't do the same thing if you'd had half a chance. Twisted Evil

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 32 Tumblr_mnxoh4fWwx1qal21io1_500

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 am

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 am

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 am

It's weird to imagine those beneath our feet.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:37 pm

That is beautiful but, I do hope no ants were burnt pale beautiful structure. There's far more than we realise going on in this world, I take it too much for granted. I think Im too complacent as well.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:

That is pretty cool though, wonder how many ants are in that aluminum. I know I'm not waiting for them to abandon it before I pour the molton stuff in there. Here in the south USA we have fire ants that are nasty little bastards. Would love to boil a few of them like this Twisted Evil

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Scientist responds to a poster who claims vaccines kill children-

http://themetapicture.com/angry-scientist-finds-uneducated-internet-comment-and-delivers-badass-response/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:

growing up in texas we'd get anthills in our yard which would bake in the sun and harden just enough that you could dig out a chunk, gingerly set it down somewhere to let the ants run out of it, then sit and admire the intricate structure at your leisure. Those ants do amazing work.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm trying to get to 50 posts for the day, but I'm not sure I have all that much more to say. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 pm

I could just spam, but it seems a bit pointless. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Oh, that was post number 50. Razz

God, I'm not sure that's impressive. But you're all welcome. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:05 pm

50 posts in a day Blue!- are you after my record? Suspect Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Yup. Just 26863 posts to go. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum