bungobaggins
Bluebottle
Eldorion
18 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FREEDOM!!!! [3] - Page 25 Empty Re: FREEDOM!!!! [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Interestingly just heard on BBC news that England are getting different coverage than Scotland from the BBC.
Not sure why, and I assume that the link above from Blue will be to the English coverage.

If you want the Scottish coverage you might want to try- https://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-1-scotland

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah... I'm not sure what coverage that is in that link actually. They seem to be sending a live feed of the actual counting. Razz

Ringdrotten wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:The fjordlandian national broadcaster is actually broadcasting the bbc coverage online. For any fjordlandians interested.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/1.11198338

Sounds like a communist station in translation Very Happy

It certainly sounds very national. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Possible delay in the count from Stornaway due to fog impeding the airplane delivering the ballot boxes- its all down to windows opening up in the weather.
If the result is really tight evreywhere else its even possible the small amount of Stornaway votes might be whats waited on to decide the result!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Ah, thank you Petty. The BBC Scotland link was certainly a bit more relevant. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm out to dinner with my mom and fam right now so I can't watch the live coverage yet, but I hear there are not in fact exit polls because neither the BBC nor any other company bothered to commission one. So I have to wonder what Dimbleby will talk about for the next four hours. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah no exit polls, the reason being apparently they have nothing to compare it to. Massive turn out it seems (one area has declared a 100% turn out which has never happened before!) and lots of first time voters, not just 16 and 16 year olds but about a million who just dont normally bother voting.
So they are at sea on how to read it.

So far they are just treading water- interviewing people mainly and getting variations on - 'we don't know, it will be close, but we think it looks good for our side' (both sides saying that of course!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 pm

No exit polls?  Are they insane?  Not tabloid enough for the British media I suppose.

And you don't compare polls to anything except themselves: yes versus no, how complicated can it get?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Apparently to complicated for anyone to have the guts to try it!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:36 pm

There's always been worries that if a vote seems clearly to be going one way, people stay home. Or if it seems close, it can drive more people out. In the second case it's better democracy, but some people prefer the status quo voting pattern.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Turnout is being reported as "huge". Which isn't a surprise, Ive never known people s engaged in politics in my lifetime.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 pm

halfwise wrote:No exit polls?  Are they insane?  Not tabloid enough for the British media I suppose.

And you don't compare polls to anything except themselves: yes versus no, how complicated can it get?

The Guardian is speculating that either no one thought it would be close until it was to late or no one wanted the risk of being wrong about something this big.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Well whatever happens Petty, good luck to you and your fellow Scotshobbits!

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:No exit polls?  Are they insane?  Not tabloid enough for the British media I suppose.

The Guardian is speculating that either no one thought it would be close until it was to late or no one wanted the risk of being wrong about something this big.

The Guardian isn't a newspaper I pay too much attention to, but I do agree that everyone is shitting bricks at how close things are going to run, well almost everyone, very few of my friends or family seem to care to be honest, but the South Coast of England is probably as far as you can get from the issues and stakes at hand.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:47 pm

reports here are saying 80% turnout.  they also say the youth vote appears to reflect the evenly split older vote, so doesn't point to how this will turn out.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 pm

To quote Aragorn- 'this is a night as long as years. How long will the day tarry?'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:10 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:To quote Aragorn- 'this is a night as long as years. How long will the day tarry?'

Well that depends on how much you drink tonight I guess...

But seriously, if it is a NO Vote and the SNP gets reelected next time around, how soon are we likely to see a new Referendum put forward?, the margin is going to be 60/40 at the very most imo, there's going to be a hell of a lot of anger and confusion over the next five years if that's the case...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:16 am

Greenock, just across the Clyde from me and in a very deprived area with a normal electoral turnout of between 30 and 40% is reporting a 95% turn out!

Malick the big factor on another referendum if its a NO is what happens next year.
If there is a Tory/UKIP coalition and then a referendum on in or out of the EU and England votes us out and Scotland votes to stay in- the the shit will hit the fan big time.

But if that doesn't happen, or there is a Labour UK government I don't see another referendum happening anytime soon.
Salmond has said in his view its a once in a generation vote.

Worth remembering it was not meant to happen at all The Scottish Parliament was created by the Westminster parties with a voting system that was supposed to mean no one party could get a majority- meaning the Westminster parties could always vote down any referendum bill.
It was only an unprecedented landslide that saw the SNP manage to get a working majority- that's unlikely to happen again- it was a perfect storm led to it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 am

I'm watching the results on BBC's website. Good luck Scotland! cheers

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:20 am

I CANNOT STAND IT. BOTH SIDE SCARE ME..It is hard to know the real truth sometimes.It has me so worried, I had my birthday last night instead of tomorrow because I will be too worn out.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

Its been a hard choice to make as a country, but whatever the result at least we've been discussing it as a nation without violence, thats a positive. Most countries dont get this close to choosing their future without a lot of people dying first.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:49 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Greenock, just across the Clyde from me and in a very deprived area with a normal electoral turnout of between 30 and 40% is reporting a 95% turn out!

Malick the big factor on another referendum if its a NO is what happens next year.
If there is a Tory/UKIP coalition and then a referendum on in or out of the EU and England votes us out and Scotland votes to stay in- the the shit will hit the fan big time.Hmm, well I don't like UKIP, The Tories or the EU very much and I'm not entirely convinced Cameron would stick to his 2017 EU referendum pledge anyway...

But if that doesn't happen, or there is a Labour UK government I don't see another referendum happening anytime soon.Why not, momentum has built up so rapidly in the last few weeks alone, there is going to be alot of anger and discussion all across the UK, and defintely a movement to broader devolution across the UK
Salmond has said in his view its a once in a generation vote.I think it depends very much on how narrow the margin would be on a NO Vote and the EU thing, change is going to happen no matter what

Worth remembering it was not meant to happen at all The Scottish Parliament was created by the Westminster parties with a voting system that was supposed to mean no one party could get a majority- meaning the Westminster parties could always vote down any referendum bill.
It was only an unprecedented landslide that saw the SNP manage to get a working majority- that's unlikely to happen again- it was a perfect storm led to it.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 am

Seeing Allegations of Electoral Fraud with the Ballot Papers in Glasgow on Sky News, it seems to be a very small isolated incident, but very disappointing all the same.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 am

I think the genie is out the bottle on devolution for the whole UK now Malick.
The promises made in desperation to Scotland in the last two weeks will come at a price for Westminster and I think the price will be a large reduction in the power and influence of Westminster in favour of regional assemblies.
But if it is a NO vote and it comes to that we will need the help of England to secure it as Westminster will not give up so much power to the people without a fight. Its in the nature of Parliaments not to give away power if they dont have to or think they can get away with not doing it.

BBC havent mentioned any electoral fraud. Ill check out the sky news page.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:05 am

BBC are hinting towards it being a better night for NO than YES. Sad
But still no actual results yet- but apparently the Better Together campaign are more buoyant than YES campaigners at the counts- so the BBC say.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:15 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:BBC are hinting towards it being a better night for NO than YES. Sad
But still no actual results yet- but apparently the Better Together campaign are more buoyant than YES campaigners at the counts- so the BBC say.

BBC have been heavily biased the whole way through the campaign, and we haven't had ANY concrete results come through yet, it's too early to make any judgement.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next