Kafria
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
32 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

News from the set - Page 30 Empty Re: News from the set

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:25 pm

If he's that desperate, why don't he head over to Red-Light District?..

Seriously, though, it's got to be a joke. *begs*

News from the set - Page 30 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm

LOL! it's a joke xD but I bet Bilbo had sex..sometime.. in his youth.. I don't believe anyone was interested in him after his adventure.. too jalous the hobbits.. and though of him being a bit off.. exentric.. which is weird. In all other fantasy stories, when the hero comes home, he's always a lot more populare.. I don't think PJ is that stupid to add a sex scene of Bilbo on TH.. with who? Tauriel? LOOL! xD
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 am

Norc wrote: I don't think PJ is that stupid to add a sex scene of Bilbo on TH.. with who? Tauriel? LOOL! xD

I heartily recommend you read The Hobwit, written by our dear Orwell, if you want to explore that possibility Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

News from the set - Page 30 Empty news..................

Post by leelee Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 am

Eldorion wrote:Speaking of Martin Freeman, apparently he told Total Film that

I think he's [Bilbo] had sex. I'm not sure. I'm trying to convince Peter to write that scene in...

(Via NME)

I was a Freeman supporter throughout the casting rumors period and I thought his performance was one of the best parts of the trailer, but I'm feeling my faith shaken now. Crying or Very sad I can only hope that this is just a joke but if it is it strikes too close to home given PJ's LOTR for me to see the humor. Razz

I see. Well then perhaps I shall just wait about for the next Tin Tin to come out. Sad
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:10 am

Bret McKenzie has given a brief update on his role in forthcoming fantasy saga The Hobbit, and has helpfully cleared up some confusion that had been plaguing some eagle-eyed LOTR fans.

Before soaring to fame with Flight Of The Conchords, McKenzie popped up in The Fellowship Of The Ring in an unnamed cameo as an elf. The cameo was seized upon once he had become a household name, and the character was affectionately dubbed Figwit by his fans.

When the details of McKenzie’s involvement in The Hobbit were revealed, fanboy ears immediately started twitching. “I've got a cameo as an elf. Or another cameo," explains McKenzie. “My character is called Lindir. I hang out with Elrond... I've got a few lines in Elvish.”

So, could it be that Lindir and Figwit are one and the same?

“You'll probably see, I've got slightly different ears," says McKenzie, helpfully. "That's how I differentiate my elf characters. The big difference for this character is that he's in 3D. He's a character that's a lot more three dimensional.”

News from the set - Page 30 Elf10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Anyone seen this

http://www.themarysue.com/gene-deitch-hobbit-short-film/
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

chris63 wrote:Anyone seen this

http://www.themarysue.com/gene-deitch-hobbit-short-film/

cool.. Is Smaug called Slaug? and is Thorin a Man? well, I like this version Very Happy (from of course, a non purist perspective Wink I like how it is presented and the wonderful images)

"A week and rejected creature found what Gandalf the Grey still seeks, the one ring of power" HAHA!!.. well... what to say? had to do something to make it only 12 minutes Very Happy

"magically the one ring of power had found it's true bearer, Bilbo Baggins the hobbit" well.. and where are the 13 dwarves? xD

Golluuuum!

Last edited by Norc on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 pm

That's probably still closer to source than what PJ will give us! Laughing

Not sure about Smaug the Slag though!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:32 am

Beorn

MovieZine: Are you finished filming the Hobbit?
Michael P.: No, absolutely not. I’m going back there in February.

MovieZine: Do you have a part in both films?
Michael P.: Yes I have. The role is more or less what it is in the book. I’m not going to talk much more about it because they’ll get angry at me, but read the book and you see… and then maybe there is a little more.

MovieZine: How is your character Beorn created? Make-up or some kind of motion-capture?
Michael P.: As I said before I intended to survive the night. Otherwise I guess I’ll get a missile after me. It’s exciting to be a part of it. You’ll see later, its barley a year left until the premier in December.

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 am

chris63 wrote:Beorn

The role is more or less what it is in the book. … and then maybe there is a little more.

Nice find Chris. It makes me hopeful. At least they're adding to the character rather than cutting it. That'll give Petty something to edit out. We wouldn't want him getting bored! Twisted Evil
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:27 am

Oh I don't think he'll get bored, what with the Necromancer being at the battle of 5 armies Evil or Very Mad But I'm glad Beorn will be done right!

News from the set - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:25 am

Thorin

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/39the-hobbit39-countdown-character-guide-who-thorin-oakenshield-and-we-don39t-just-mean-richard-armitage/6117
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 am

We know from the casting of Conon Stevens as giant orc Azog, that this battle will likely be used in at least flashbacks and it boggles the mind how cool that could be.

Interesting take on the casting announcements. My first thought had been since Azog was cast but Bolg was not (yet), that Azog and Bolg may have been combined or the names switched. But it would make more sense, relatively speaking, for both to appear and Azog to be in a flashback. It would certainly fit with the apparent Thrain flashback.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 am

I know they're making to movies and all, but I'm starting to wonder if Bilbo is even the main character! By the looks of it, I think Gandalf is, since he's going to be the only one who's been in all these flashbacks, and the flashbacks themselves are taking away story time from Bilbo. It'll be like two completely separate movies in one Shocked that'll be interesting... Evil or Very Mad

News from the set - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:13 am

Tinuviel wrote:It'll be like two completely separate movies in one Shocked that'll be interesting... Evil or Very Mad

I think that's exactly where PJ is going. As we've seen in TT and RotK he likes to cut rapidly back and forth between two or three story lines at a time to keep the audience off balance. He's planning on the same thing here. I'm expecting him to film two or three coherent stories and then shuffle the scenes like a deck of cards to give us an action-adventure thrill ride at the expense of the storytelling. That's my guess anyway.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 am

Good that should mean cutting all the crap back out is a bit easier!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I actually find myself hoping that this is two movies in one, because the alternative is that Bilbo's own story is merged with and probably overwhelmed by the White Council and the Necromancer. Unfortunately, it seems more and more like PJ will be blending the stories together into a single narrative. If the Necromancer really is involved with the Battle of the Five Armies, as Benedict Cumberbatch recently suggested, then I doubt the separately storylines will remain separate for long. While I hope that Bilbo will still be the main character, I have my doubts, given how Frodo lost the position of main character in LOTR to Aragorn, despite PJ's assertions to the contrary. Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Given how Frodo was treated by Jackson, I don't necessarily think it a bad thing that Aragorn became the main character Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm

you know what I think? in the book, Sam ends up being the main character. why, because many times it is through him we get those earthly, recognisable views upion thing and.. hm.. well.. I feel (mostly in the end) that Sam is the one thinking and reflecting, it is his ideas we are told. well, that's my view, anyone els who have thought the same?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Given how Frodo was treated by Jackson, I don't necessarily think it a bad thing that Aragorn became the main character Wink

Touche. Laughing

NB I hope the military is treating you well, Ringdrotten. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Norc wrote:you know what I think? in the book, Sam ends up being the main character. why, because many times it is through him we get those earthly, recognisable views upion thing and.. hm.. well.. I feel (mostly in the end) that Sam is the one thinking and reflecting, it is his ideas we are told. well, that's my view, anyone els who have thought the same?

That's a fair point, and if I recall correctly Tolkien did say that he thought of Sam as the "chief hero" of the story. However, I think that Frodo doesn't always get enough credit. His struggle to bring the Ring to Mount Doom practically destroyed him but he kept going until the very end when he cracked under circumstances that Tolkien said no one could have resisted. I think that both Sam and Frodo play a crucial, heroic role. To his credit, Jackson portrays the heroic role of Sam very well, all changes aside. Unfortunately, I think this comes at the expense of turning Frodo into a wimp even in the first film, where he staggers around on Weathertop and is as alert as a drooling bag of potatoes at the Ford of Bruinen.

Of all the many changes to the story, the gutting of Frodo's character is perhaps the most disappointing and, in my opinion, the most significant. However, you're right that Sam plays a major role that shouldn't be forgotten. When I said that I felt Aragorn was turned into the chief hero of the films, though, I based that on the amount of screentime and dramatic emphasis given to Aragorn's journey. I can understand why PJ may have done this: Aragorn is certainly a more traditional and straightforward hero, and PJ's sense of storytelling is nothing if not straightforward and simple. But I think that having the Hobbits, the un-traditional heroes, at the heart of the tale is part of what made LOTR unique (though that style has been copied endlessly since) and is a crucial part of it's "DNA" as a story. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Whilst I agree it is worth noting Aragorn is a bit of a rarity himself in this story type. Traditionally mortals who meddle in elven affairs don't come out well from it- in that sense Frodo fufills more that traditional role, he is destroyed by his interactions with 'faery'. But Aragorn is entirely successful and in a sense tames Faery and makes it a part for evermore of being human.
Sam is definetly given the hero's treatment- he becomes famous, he becomes wealthy and lives in the manor house of Bag End and he is Mayor and heads his society for many years, he gets the girl and raises a happy, loving family.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Fair point about Aragorn. Smile When I said he was more traditional I meant that he's a military commander, great warrior, natural leader and wins glory over the course of the story. He gets the "hero's treatment" as much as Sam does. Frodo, on the other hand, fades into the background, particularly after the return to the Shire, and eventually sails into the West practically unnoticed by all but his closest friends.

Still, you raise a good point about Frodo's and Aragorn's opposite reactions to 'faery'; it's definitely food for thought. Smile study
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Tolkien wrote about faery a lot and the notion of it being perilous to mortals is quite evident in LotR;s- Bormoir is a good example of this. Yet Aragorn of all the mortals isn't harmed, he is greater with the faery connection not lessened.
Reminds me of the Macleods, their Chieftain supposedly married a faery, they have a magic faery flag torn from her dress. But even in that case she had to return to the land of faery after a set period of time. I am struggling to think of a traditional tale of faery I know where the mortal comes out in control. Often the mortal uses word play, or trickery, or something to defeat creatures of faery but never quite what Aragorn does- wonder if he is unique in the tales of faery!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Speaking with MTV at the Golden Globes the other night, Andy Serkis played typically coy about the appearance of Smaug in the forthcoming films. “I can’t give any secrets away, none of those trade secrets,” Serkis said. “I can’t say that because actually it’s still under wraps.” However, he did seem to imply that they’re still refining how it will look in the films.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next