halfwise
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Summertime - Page 2 Empty Re: Summertime

Post by Norc Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 am

i freak out if a huge beetle suddenly appears or a spider, but like, near me, els i'm kinda chill about them. i hate mosquitos though, but just because they're annoying and their bites itch.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:34 pm

I freak out with Flying bugs in enclosed spaces like cars and rooms where I cant escape. Funnily outside i dont mind them at all, I can let them buzz around me quite happily. Its scorpions I really hate, because they scuttle really quickly.
A bug the size of Halfy on his Hang glider once made me crash my car, and it was just as hairy. It was hot and I had the windows down, and this mega black bee thing maybe the size of my thumb landed on the side of my face, so I freaked out and swotted it off, I swotted my shades off which have a prescription, I normally wear contact lenses cos I have bad miopia, anyway I couldnt see the road and I hit a metal pole. Luckily I drive pretty slowly because of the lunatics and the fact the road is on a cliff face with no barrier. If it ever happens again I will just have to control The Fear.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

pale This year is apparently going to be a bad one with cicadas and I'm worried about them potentially jumping through the open windows.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:46 pm

Yesterday was our warmest yet, almost 80. Out on the bog pulling weeds I had a million bees all around me pollinating the blossoms. The buzzing surrounded me like the sound of thousands of people talking at once. Not the angry buzz of an upset bee, more like the contented purr of a million satisfied kittens. I felt like a part of their community.

After dark I was walking my horse home to his night pasture. An ocean fog had drifted in after sunset and was gently dripping on us. The sweet smell of the wild honeysuckle overpowered everything else. A million frogs were croaking and chirping all around us, going silent as we passed, then resuming when they thought we were at as safe distance. It was loud enough that if you might have been tempted to shout over it,  but as soon as you did the spell would have been broken. like faerie lights. Then you'd only hear them in the far distance.

That's summer!sunny
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Ooh wee Dave ! that sounded almost magical ! Nod
Cripes Figgy ! you had a lucky escape ! Im reasonably ok with bugs & spiders but snakes.........Oh NO ! pale

Summertime - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Summertime - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Eldorion wrote:pale This year is apparently going to be a bad one with cicadas and I'm worried about them potentially jumping through the open windows.

Cicadas irritating little swines arent they.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:18 pm

David H wrote:Yesterday was our warmest yet, almost 80. Out on the bog pulling weeds I had a million bees all around me pollinating the blossoms. The buzzing surrounded me like the sound of thousands of people talking at once. Not the angry buzz of an upset bee, more like the contented purr of a million satisfied kittens. I felt like a part of their community.

After dark I was walking my horse home to his night pasture. An ocean fog had drifted in after sunset and was gently dripping on us. The sweet smell of the wild honeysuckle overpowered everything else. A million frogs were croaking and chirping all around us, going silent as we passed, then resuming when they thought we were at as safe distance. It was loud enough that if you might have been tempted to shout over it,  but as soon as you did the spell would have been broken. like faerie lights. Then you'd only hear them in the far distance.

That's summer!sunny

I can almost smell the Honeysuckle and Sea breeze. cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Eldorion wrote:Yeah it's a fairly crippling phobia.  A few years ago I would refuse to enter rooms if I saw bugs in there (even ones without stingers) which would impede my ability to do normal everyday things.  Thankfully it's not that bad anymore.

I am not too fond of bugs either. But since I don't want the kids to be squeamish (and eventually be able to save their mommy from spiders indoors). So now it's: "Eewwwooooh loooook, a spider. How interesting! Can you count it's legs? They are not evil and they catch flies and mosquitoes."
My aunt picks up spiders in her hands and carries them outside. Shocked

You could try TFT, thought field therapy. Actually, you SHOULD try TFT. Great for phobias and anxiety and just about anything. Closely related to acupuncture, without the needles. A colleague of mine is learning to be a TFT therapist. I had an allergic reaction at work and prepared myself for hours of itchy eyes and grumpiness, I passed by her desk and thought "Wait, she does need test subjects. Worst case is that it doesn't do anything", and she just tapped it away in no time at all. Totally weird. And it's not a believer placebo thing either, cause it makes no sense to me at all that it should work, and it makes no sense that it did.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:26 pm

that sounds interesting, I have never heard of TFT before.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Eldorion wrote:pale This year is apparently going to be a bad one with cicadas and I'm worried about them potentially jumping through the open windows.
had to google it. apparently you can eat them. (also, when they are that big, they're not so scary anymore.. cus you see them far away and you're not surprised)
Summertime - Page 2 Recipes-for-eating-cicadas_67470_600x450
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:08 pm

David H wrote:Yesterday was our warmest yet, almost 80. Out on the bog pulling weeds I had a million bees all around me pollinating the blossoms. The buzzing surrounded me like the sound of thousands of people talking at once. Not the angry buzz of an upset bee, more like the contented purr of a million satisfied kittens. I felt like a part of their community.

That's summer!sunny
aw, that sounds so great ^^ it just pours down here Rolling Eyes but it has it charm too. There is an ocean fog that has been here for some time now and the forests look really.. trollsk.. like.. mythical Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 pm

btw, you were quite lucky Figg D: i can't imagen..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Norc wrote: it has it charm too. There is an ocean fog that has been here for some time now and the forests look really.. trollsk.. like.. mythical Very Happy

I'm a bit embarrassed to mention it, but I have a phobia too......of TROLLS ShockedShockedShocked
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 pm

lolololol... trolls are not scary.. just stay away from them,
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:46 am

I love your story Dave, it was really evocative and brought across the feeling of Summer that you described incredibly well. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:47 am

Amarië wrote:I am not too fond of bugs either. But since I don't want the kids to be squeamish (and eventually be able to save their mommy from spiders indoors). So now it's: "Eewwwooooh loooook, a spider. How interesting! Can you count it's legs? They are not evil and they catch flies and mosquitoes."
My aunt picks up spiders in her hands and carries them outside. Shocked

I'm actually marginally more okay with spiders because when I was little my mom would always remind me that they eat other bugs and so I should leave them be. Laughing But they still make me uncomfortable.

You could try TFT, thought field therapy. Actually, you SHOULD try TFT. Great for phobias and anxiety and just about anything. Closely related to acupuncture, without the needles. A colleague of mine is learning to be a TFT therapist. I had an allergic reaction at work and prepared myself for hours of itchy eyes and grumpiness, I passed by her desk and thought "Wait, she does need test subjects. Worst case is that it doesn't do anything", and she just tapped it away in no time at all. Totally weird. And it's not a believer placebo thing either, cause it makes no sense to me at all that it should work, and it makes no sense that it did.

That's interesting, I'll read a bit more about it. I think my phobia has gone a way bit on its own over the past two or so years, but it might be worth looking into nonetheless. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 am

Norc wrote:had to google it. apparently you can eat them. (also, when they are that big, they're not so scary anymore.. cus you see them far away and you're not surprised)

Bugs shouldn't be that big. :xAnd I've seen people eat cicadas before, they serve them at festivals and stuff sometimes as a novelty.  I always stay away from the deep-fried bug stands, though. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 am

Norc wrote:lolololol... trolls are not scary.. just stay away from them,

What about elves (NSFW)?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 am

i got a "are you over 18"..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 am

You are, aren't you? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Why was one of the first shots of sheep? Suspect

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

what. i've missed something haven't i?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm

You did click the 'over 18' button, right?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:lolololol... trolls are not scary.. just stay away from them,

What about elves (NSFW)?

omg.. is this what we're talking about.. i don't understand..

sheep.... elves?
http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-sex/icelandic-elf-sex#ooid=V4NHdoMjoYWpJW2JJ4XWXw1R0pA71JGH
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:53 pm

waaaaait a minute.... Eldo what the hell? who allowed i access to internet? what are u googling..?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum