Do you prefer ACTA or free internet?

+4
Ally
Norc
Eldorion
tsink
8 posters

Go down

Do you prefer ACTA or free internet? Empty Do you prefer ACTA or free internet?

Post by tsink Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 am

Is it reasonable to block all pirate sites and put all pirates to jail or do we have any other options available?

tsink

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer ACTA or free internet? Empty Re: Do you prefer ACTA or free internet?

Post by Eldorion Sat May 11, 2013 10:12 am

lolwut
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer ACTA or free internet? Empty Re: Do you prefer ACTA or free internet?

Post by Norc Sat May 11, 2013 10:18 am

yes. and no.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 11, 2013 10:18 am

can you define a pirate? what is a pirate?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Nah but we need a free Internet. Pirates are our heroes, our silent guardian of the web.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 11, 2013 1:53 pm

I like pirates and their parrots. pirat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Way I see it- if business and commerce and governments had their way the internet would be just a huge online mall, and just as interesting.

Where the law should crack down is on mass production and the selling of illegal and pirated goods.
Noone should profit out of anothers work without their knowledge or concent, but sharing it is another matter.

Individuals who download are not ripping off anyone in most cases as they were never going to buy the product in the first place- if you can afford a thing you tend to buy it, its a lot quicker and a lot less hassle.

Pirates allow a far larger share of society, including its very poorest, to fully participate in a global culture.

The internet has potential to be one of the biggest social levelers of history- look at this place- class, wealth, colour, nationality- all irrelevant- so we shoud fight tooth and claw to stop social or wealth barriers being imposed upon it.

The UK government (fortunetely) just failed to get legislation which would have allowed them to keep records of everyones internet use- what sites they visited, anything they post, and all their emails.
The internet gives people the power to empower themselves through finding information and knowledge- it breaks down social barriers and cultural ones- and piracy allows for the free spreading of culture and ideas, and that terrifies the crap out of our governments.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks a lot Ally, your embedded noise flash animation just scared my cat away. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat May 11, 2013 6:11 pm

bitch i killed ally

on the

Kingsroad

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 11, 2013 6:32 pm

I turned the sound off,(funny tho it was!) So why do they sell the means,ie:- discs, programnes,sites to download the covers,labels, cases, even the pens to write on the finished disc,If they think its all Piracy, & a really bad thing to do? I agree its a bad idea if people, who slog their guts out & work day & night to create something,dont get the sales they really deserve,because of illegal downloads. But,if Ive got the money to splash out, I do buy the item I want. I wait till its dirt cheap on Amazon etc. (or if I really cant wait....) Rolling Eyes

Do you prefer ACTA or free internet? Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Do you prefer ACTA or free internet? Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 pm

got i jumped.. now the song is stuck in my head Rolling Eyes

i think the whole pirate issue is really difficult, because it's so tricky to draw a line.. petty has some good points. i know.. i can't watch doctor who if i wasn't a pirate, though i don't like it. I'de much rather buy it, but then money and availability comes in, like i'de have to wait forever.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun May 12, 2013 1:38 am

back in 2005 that song was all over the Internet all over the message boards don't you guys remember it

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down