chris63
Mrs Figg
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Elthir
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Empty Re: Goldilocks and the Three Trolls

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm

This points system is about as straightforward as the history of Galadriel. And I demand some points for noticing this fact. drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Empty Re: Goldilocks and the Three Trolls

Post by Elthir Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

That's worth 6 points Petty... and I'll throw in a button that fell off the cuff of my shirt.

And buttons count as two points, just to be clear.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Thankyou very kindly for naming me as a winner, I really dont feel I deserve it, I just did a daft guess, Im not anywhere near as clever as the others here !,(& I dont mind admitting it !), I feel embarrassed, Sorry. Embarassed

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Not at all Azriel... you deserve it.

I never (initially) said the name had to be Elvish or anything but a character from Tolkien's world. You won fairly Very Happy
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 pm

that is the worse and most complicated and unfair point-system ever.

darn you
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I don't get the 3 months starting in June. This thread started, like, two days ago! Evil or Very Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I married Indis on the 5th day of June. But I could not hold on to her very long. So I killed a donkey and rode a stirahgt away for an unknown country where i could not go wrong

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

yeah, what's the deal with three monts from july? WHAT DID I DO THEN!?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm

darn tootin!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm

Well the initial post noted merely that...

You have only three months before the 10 points becomes 5 points however.

... and never stipulated when the three months began.

Glorfindel (well, I mention his name at this point to say something on topic)
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 am

I didn't Google it. i am a secret tolkien scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah and I'm tee-total!

'That's worth 6 points Petty... and I'll throw in a button that fell off the cuff of my shirt.
And buttons count as two points'- Elthir

So I only need to win one more button then and victory wil be mine! Twisted Evil

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 pm

this is so unfair. I WON!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 pm

I think you have still won Norc- by a point- unless I can earn another button of course.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm

what? I have?! I don't understand this shit! Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I think you have still won Norc- by a point- unless I can earn another button of course.

No Norc only had 9 points, and the tie was broken fairly by me. I will award Norc another button, but this button was in a little baggie that came with the shirt, not a button that had fallen off the cuff due to bad sewing skills.

Norc's button has a negative value of 2 however, which leaves us with...

_____

Azriel 9 points -- winner, the first to nine with Sam. Also granting that Sam was correct according to the original post

Chris 9 points -- second place, with Sauron (by virtue of answering second and cleverly 'finding' Sauron)

Mrs Figg 9 points -- third place, with Ori (by virtue of being the third person to gain 9 points)

PettyTyrant 8 points -- fourth place (by virtue or noting something somewhat notable, and also demanding points in conjunction with the somewhat notable thing)

Carly Castle 7.5 points -- fifth place (by virtue of providing a hint by google, and then denying that google was in play)

Norc 7 points -- sixth place with Oin, which provided 9 points, and Indis which provided 5 more not 10 due to tardiness. This gave Norc 14 but 5 were subsequently lost due to using Carly's hint -- plus a negative 2 button by incorrectly claiming a victory.

Have I left anyone out? I think the math is correct in any case.

Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Elthir wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:I think you have still won Norc- by a point- unless I can earn another button of course.

No Norc only had 9 points, and the tie was broken fairly by me. I will award Norc another button, but this button was in a little baggie that came with the shirt, not a button that had fallen off the cuff due to bad sewing skills.

Norc's button has a negative value of 2 however, which leaves us with...

_____

Azriel 9 points -- winner, the first to nine with Sam. Also granting that Sam was correct according to the original post

Chris 9 points -- second place, with Sauron (by virtue of answering second and cleverly 'finding' Sauron)

Mrs Figg 9 points -- third place, with Ori (by virtue of being the third person to gain 9 points)

PettyTyrant 8 points -- fourth place (by virtue or noting something somewhat notable, and also demanding points in conjunction with the somewhat notable thing)

Carly Castle 7.5 points -- fifth place (by virtue of providing a hint by google, and then denying that google was in play)

Norc 7 points -- sixth place with Oin, which provided 9 points, and Indis which provided 5 more not 10 due to tardiness. This gave Norc 14 but 5 were subsequently lost due to using Carly's hint -- plus a negative 2 button by incorrectly claiming a victory.

Have I left anyone out? I think the math is correct in any case.

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Tumblr_m0dpa5WXmM1qcn3x1

I allready only got half the score for finding Indis, you can't take off 5 MORE points!! also I found Oin 13! times on one page, which went right past you. And I found Indis, and according to your rule it said, find the name of a Tolkien character. YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE FREAKING RULES AS YOU GO ALONG!

I won this game. if you say anything else then
Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Tumblr_lximh5tjxE1qc0mpuo9_250
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

I figured it's pretty clear that Elthir is making this up as he goes along, so I'm not sure why you feel so strongly Norc. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:12 pm

But that is the rule sometimes... to change the rules as you go along.

First Elves are reborn as babies, then they are not.

Or first Galadriel was not present at the Kinslaying but still had a notable part in the Rebellion, then she wasn't in the Rebellion but was present at the Kinslaying! And since I hold Tolkien to Galadriel being in the Rebellion because he published this (but probably forgot that he had), that leaves us with yet another change as we go along.

But actually the rules here did not change in any case.

In the first post I noted the three months. That didn't change. And I never noted that points were to be allowed for multiple occurances. Nothing changed there. And other rules that didn't change were merely noted.

There was a rule against using a hint derived from using google (or a google) for example, but it just hadn't arisen until Carly brought it up.

Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm

the only rules in Forumshire is that there are no rules. Cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the only rules in Forumshire is that there are no rules. Cool

Or that Very Happy

Huzzah Mrs Figg! I would award you a button for that, but I am all out for the moment (and once again there will be a time constraint regarding points for the missing button starting last Tuesday).
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm

]Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Elthir10

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Hmm, ok but that's not me of course Very Happy

Last edited by Elthir on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Eldorion wrote:I figured it's pretty clear that Elthir is making this up as he goes along, so I'm not sure why you feel so strongly Norc. Razz
Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Tumblr_m9j0hl3Tlm1rrmnf5
BECAUSE I WON ! THAT'S WHY!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:the only rules in Forumshire is that there are no rules. Cool

Goldilocks and the Three Trolls - Page 2 Tumblr_lximh5tjxE1qc0mpuo9_250
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next