Orwell
chris63
Pettytyrant101
Ally
azriel
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PJs meddlings ? - Page 2 Empty Re: PJs meddlings ?

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 am

halfwise wrote:
Originally supposed to only be two films, the adaptation of the "Lord of the Rings" prequel was then stretched into three, each one more terrifically entertaining than the last.
We got to sit down with Peter Jackson, who has directed not only ever "Hobbit" film but every "Lord of the Rings" film (and is presumably the second biggest Tolkien nerd in the world after Stephen Colbert)

Where's the vomit emoticon??!!

Would that be the same Peter Jackson who A) stated in an interview he only read the LOTR once, some 20 years before he decided to make a film B) Thought Sauron was a giant floating eyeball C) More or less confirmed in interviews he didn't really care for The Hobbit as a novel and D) Employed a self confessed Tolkien 'expert' in Phillpa Boyens, an expert who stated in an 2012 interview she hadn't read The Silmarillion in more than twenty years because he would be too 'painful' to read it without being able to adapt it...

Suspect

And I'm still of the opinion, as great as the LOTR trilogy is, the films got worse as they went on...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 am

This caught my ear'ole the other night. I was watching that great film "Jaws", with that wonderful Robert Shaw playing so magnificently the half mad captain Quint. Here he says a line that reminded me of the line Gimli gave during the drinking game with Legolas...

PJs meddlings ? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

PJs meddlings ? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 pm

I'm sure that's exactly where it came from. I believe that Rhys-Davis ad-libbed that line.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum