Ringdrotten
Kafria
Pettytyrant101
29 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Empty Re: Petty's Purist LotR Edits

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:27 am

You must have an out of date link Lorient- I meant to sort that for you already but slipped my mind, sorry, doing it now. You should get an email shortly.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 am

Got it, thanks!

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:32 am

Um, you know how I said th elast edit was the final one, well you see, there were some bits I wasn't 100% happy with and some good suggestions I wanted to try to achieve.
So far I have tweaked and improved a lot of sound transitions and stuff up to end of the Rivendell section and made a few larger alterations- mostly at the build up to Weathertop which is faster and smoother- and at Rivendell. Where there has been a scene realtering post Council.

Thanks to Kafria for the suggestion of losing the bedroom scene at Rivendell and I think it was Halfwise (apoligises if my memory is playing up and it was someone else) for suggesting replacing the music when Gandalf goes to Gondor to look through the scrolls- I cut in a bit of something Gondorian but less driven- you were spot on, it works a treat at easing the pace off.

Onwards to Moria and the breakin gof the Fellowship, one or two tweaks there and possibly extend the troll fight back out just a little as Kafria suggested.

Thanks again to those who wacth the edits and add their thoughts- as you can see it really does help.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 am

Soooo will those changes be in the version I have attempted to download? Shocked

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 am

Umm no, I will be replacing book 1 starting in a few days. So its kind of up to you if you would rather wait for the very latest version to appear (probably about a week from now for book 1) or go for the versions that are there.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am

I am pleased to announce that I have now completed editing FotR to my satisfaction.
A few major changes and lots of tiny ones. Among the more major- I cut th epalantir scene again-the Gandalf flashback was just too long- and (I'm sorry Kafria) I cut the zoomy camera shot following the moth at the point just after Gandalf lets it go- I moved the visuals of Saruman in his armoury and the 'birth' of the Uruk-Hai and put them under Gandalfs word to Elrond about Saruman building an army- which kept the meaning, the visuals and did it in much less time!
I am most chuffed however that I manged to get more FotR in there than PJ- Elrond and Isildur in MT Doom, Smeagol and Deagol, Elrond and Aragorn at Rivendell, Aragorn and Arwen at Rivendell, the reforging of Narsil-and I restored Tolkiens structuring- so you dont see a Black Rider until the hobbits do and you dont find out what happened to Gandalf until Rivendell. And I think it works fine and an audience would have no problem following the story.
And best of all I did it in less time than it takes to sit through PJ's!
And here's the proof-

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Fell

The dark highlighted bit is FotR- the screen on the right is my edit- as you can see its at the last frame before the credits.
The screen on the left is PJ's on the same frame.
As you can see my edit is 02:58:08:18
PJ's is at 03:20:22:10

So without PJ's own made up nonsense we could have had 22 and a half minutes more of Tolkien in there. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 am

impressive.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Thanks Norc. You really should give them a go you know.

Finished TT.
Same as above- the highlighted bit is TT. The left screen is PJ's cut and the right mine.
Lot of minor changes- mainly to sound at cuts to smooth things out even more. Hopefully it will be almost as hard now to hear a cut as to see one- they both should be largely invisible.
Only major change was I too k out the Boromir/Faramir scene- I like the releationship between them but there is too much to dislike- Denethor openly talking about the Ring when they shouldnt know what Isildurs Bane is, Faramir apprently losing Osgiliath ect- editing it all makes it too choppy so it had to go- besides it broke my rule (well Tokiens rule) of never going away from the main characters.

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Tt

PJ is 03:34:31:06 in length.
Mine is 03:02:40:05
And my edits follow the book- so the Aragorn line goes as far as Gandalf leaving with Pippin for Minas Tirith and the Frodo story as far as his capture after Shelob.
And there's still 32 minutes spare where we could have had more Tolkien!! Evil or Very Mad
Thats 54 and a half minutes more of Tolkien altogether in FotR and TT we should have had if PJ hadn't got it into his head he could do is own thing better. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:15 pm

cheers All done.
RotK has been redone- I rejigged the scene where Gandalf is confronted by the WitchKing so Gandalf no longer has his staff broken or is thrown from his horse! cheers

Heres the screen for Rotk- Pj on the left screen mine on the right as usual.

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Rotk

As you can see PJ's is an incredibly long 04:01:03
Whereas mine is a pleasantly lengthened 02:29:03

An unbelievable time saving of 1 hour and 32 minutes!! Add in the 54 minutes saved from FotR and TT and that is 2 hours 26 minutes of PJ crap when we could have had proper Tolkien!! Evil or Very Mad
Thats damn near a whole extra film of Tolkien- more than enough for a Conspiracy Unmasked, Bombadil and the barrows, the warg attack before Moria, Prince of Dol Amroth, Pelargir, a proper Battle of the Pelannor and still have time for scouring at the end. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I'd still like to see a slow Alfred Hitchcockian build up with the Black Riders! Mad (Petty, if only we could steal PJ's Hobbit NOW, and then return it [Purist edited!] to PJ before release! Maybe it won't be an absolute disaster then! Nod )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: cheers All done.
RotK has been redone- I rejigged the scene where Gandalf is confronted by the WitchKing so Gandalf no longer has his staff broken or is thrown from his horse! cheers

Awesome! cheers

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: cheers All done.

Heres the screen for Rotk- Pj on the left screen mine on the right as usual.

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 38 Rotk

As you can see PJ's is an incredibly long 04:01:03
Whereas mine is a pleasantly lengthened 02:29:03

An unbelievable time saving of 1 hour and 32 minutes!! Add in the 54 minutes saved from FotR and TT and that is 2 hours 26 minutes of PJ crap when we could have had proper Tolkien!! Evil or Very Mad
Thats damn near a whole extra film of Tolkien- more than enough for a Conspiracy Unmasked, Bombadil and the barrows, the warg attack before Moria, Prince of Dol Amroth, Pelargir, a proper Battle of the Pelannor and still have time for scouring at the end. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I liked that flaming sword, mind you, but even I am uncertain of whether Gandalf should have been beaten so easily against the WK. Plus this guy has like beaten a balrog & stuff. And, remember, Aragorn defeated this witch guy with a single flame with loads of other dudes around too!

Poor show, PJ!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm

If there is one thing I'll never forgive Peter Jackson, it must be that horrible scene - Gandalf does not get beaten by anyone!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah much better- now he rides up, witch-king is there- he gives his line about death, does the flaming sword trick, you'll be glad to know Ally- then horns of Rohirrim and he buggers off.

Why oh why Pj didn't leave in the amazing cinematic scene where a lone Gandalf sitting on Shadowfax is waiting in the courtyard as the Witch-king rides in over the top of a hill of dead I will never understand? Or why he thought that staff breaking scene was an improvement on Tolkiens- it most definetly is not! Mad

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 pm

I think he was trying to make Gandalf more human, maybe, he likes doing that with characters Nod

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Shocked Evil or Very Mad This is why he shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the scripts Ally!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 pm

It makes everything more emotional though!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Crabbit and rage are emotions, true.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 pm

I tend to agree with you, Ally, but this time I'm with the crabbitmeister. Can't wait to watch this scene now, it's about the only thing I've been missing in your edits, Petty - this'll be perfection! Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 pm

It makes Gandalf more relatable though! Very Happy

Look

So there's a 10year old girl, maybe she wants to become a wizard in magic or whatever. She needs hope. She needs a role model Very Happy

Spoiler:

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 pm

A girl wizard? Don't you british have a word for that? Cool Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Perhaps, there a are a few possible words that I can't think of. Lots actually
Not sure which one it is tho.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Ally Gandalf is an angelic being incarnated into the body of an old man who can come back from the dead. He's not there to relate to!! Mad

Spoiler:

Ask PJ Ringdrotten he has two of them in his coven. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 pm

lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Well you act like a little girl defending her old doll when it comes 2 Gandalf

Maybe someone needed that kinda Gandalf more than you need a pure one!

Would you deny some1 that, Petty. Sad

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next