Ringdrotten
Kafria
Pettytyrant101
29 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Empty Re: Petty's Purist LotR Edits

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 am

I will make it as stress free an experience as I can for you Orwell. An e-mail will shortly be on its way to you with a link taking you straight to the folder- just download all the parts to your pc- then post again when you have them for the next simple bit (next year I think I will take up Lesters Cat suggestion of a Worst IT skills on a Forum Award- you're a shoo in Orwell)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Filters. Right there is a lot of these, but I make no apoligies- if there is any complaints, or if it seems too dark now is the time before I render it all out to say so!

You might want to try approx matching my tv settings if it all seems ridiculously dark to you or very light for that matter.

Backlight 6 (out of 10) (Rest out of 100 so should be easy to work out the percentages if your TV uses a different scale) Contrast 65 Brightness 60 Colour 65 Sharpness 65

PJ original on the left the megaedit on the right.

Lothlorien
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Lothlorien

Moria
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Balinstomb

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Moriaorc

Emyn Muil
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Emynmuil

Dead Marshes
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Deadmarshes1-Copy

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Deadmarshes2

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Deadmarshes3

Black Gate
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Blackgate

Ithilien
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Ithilien

Minas Morgul
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Minasmorgul

Shelobs Lair
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Shelobslair

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Shelob

Osgiliath
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Osgiliath

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Osgiliath2

Minas Tirith
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Minastirith1

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Minastirith2

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Pelennor1

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Pellennor2

Mordor
Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Mtdoom1

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Mtdoom2

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Mtdoom3

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Mtdoom4

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Eyeofsauron

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Omg

What can I say?

Love the new book1 edit sooooooo much!

The new shadows of the past edit is brill (I was teary eyed at the end when Frodo asks 'what must I do?'), you get the sense of building tension all the way through. The black rider changes and weathertop alterations keep this going and the riders feel like a real threat (I never liked the eating scene and it always seemed as if Aragorn was away too long, again you have made better sense of the dialogue than the guy who helped write it!)

I love the quality of this, don't know if it's cause it's HD or from blue ray but I've caught all sorts of background details I missed before (the trolls in the background in particular.)

Funny that you'd posted filters - I wondered if you'd brightened the shire section until I realised that it was me, I'd left my brightness up at max after trying to watch the dark filters on the last one Embarassed

On the samples, for me Shelobs Lair and Minas morgul are a little too dark, but may be he monitor settings, I did have a quick look at VLC to see if I could change visual set up, couldn't find it though.

Right, I think I may just have to watch it again now! Very Happy

Oh and in case anyone is still in any doubt - this was well worth the time taken to download, can't wait for the rest!!!!!

I can only bow down at the fantastic work, I think you're right, this could well be your definitive edit!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Well as reviews go Kafria that was more than I had hoped- I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Book 2 is outputting right now (3rd attempt power cuts scuppered the first two) and will be uploaded overnight hopefully.

"The new shadows of the past edit is brill (I was teary eyed at the end when Frodo asks 'what must I do?'), you get the sense of building tension all the way through."- Kafria

This is where my mantra, 'if in doubt trust your Tolkien (or punch PJ)' comes in handy. The genius of this is all Tolkien of course. First he reveals the scale of the peril with a big fight, the Last Alliance, heroic deeds, but then he gives you Deagol and Smeagol and suddenly its small scale and personal, and you see how quickly and how terribly the Ring can act on people and then you have Frodo's (and the viewers) understanding of what this thing is and what it is capable of culminating in him desperetely trying to give it to Gandalf.
I was much like you and had an omg moment after I watched it back with the Smeagol/Degagol bit in place and realised just what a bloody clever bit of plotting by Tolkien it is.
And to think PJ was afraid ordering it this way would slow it all up and ruin the tension- turns out he was even more wrong than I had even realised. It has exactly the oposite effect.Tolkien was spot on, as always.

"for me Shelobs Lair and Minas morgul are a little too dark"- you might be right there looking at them here- theres a fine line as where Pj has a lo of brightness in the background skies the filter has a tendency to lean towrds shades of pink, so part of the darkness in Mordor is down to trying to avoid that- if PJ hadnt shot it all on a nice sunny day it might have helped!! But I shall ake another look at those bits and see what effect dialing down the levels filter has.

"I did have a quick look at VLC to see if I could change visual set up, couldn't find it though."

Play the film, right click anywhere on the picture, Interface/effects and filters/video effects tab/check the image adjust box then just move the sliders to suit. (note if you don't uncheck the box again when you are done the player will open at whatever setting you last had at next time. Unchecking th ebox puts it back to default).

"this could well be your definitive edit!"

I hope so are I shall go mad, again! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit 4hrs into outputting book 2- about 20mins left to go and the power goes off again. That's three for three!!! Gives us a bloody break world!!! Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Filters:

I love the green one in the Lorien pic, keep that one Very Happy I'm worried the scenes in Moria will be too dark if you darken them any more, though, they do look very dark in those pictures. On the other hand, in the book it was so dark in there you could hardly see anything. Tough one scratch Go with the darker one, as long as it is possible to see what's going on. And keep all the red ones - loved that in the other edits Smile

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Moria I think is just about right between seeing whats going on and it being dark enough to fit the mood and atmosphere of the book. Besides I cant make it too dark or where do I go for Shelobs Lair which the book describes as blacker even than Moria.
The red ones are definetly staying!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Petty, sorry to hear the world is conspiring against you, - maybe PJ is using his witchcraft against you Twisted Evil

(Rewatched Book1 and still love it!!! - daughter was most bemused by me sitting down to watch the same thing again Laughing )

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

maybe PJ is using his witchcraft against you Twisted Evil - Kafria

I hadn't thought of that! Shocked That devious antipodean! Evil or Very Mad And he has a Coven too! Evil or Very Mad

Well assuming he doesn't thwart me again tonight I am hoping it will have finished rendering out before I go to bed- the plan, all going well, is still to set it up for uploading overnight.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Petty, I think you may have won me over Very Happy You know I've always been quite sceptical to your edits, but after seeing those images/photos/pictures I must say, they look great Smile don't know about all of them, but the red filter in mordor was great. I think it maybe a bit too dark in Moria, hard to see you know. I am aware that in the book it is said to be pitch dark, though this isn't easy to get on film. The green town (can't remember the name) I think you could've made even more green and sicly BUT! great thumbs up for making it darker Wink
Lothlorien I have to say was great in green. It felt like a forest and had a very different feel than Rivendell and fangorn. But remember, in the book (if I am not remembering wrongly) Lothlorien had a golden roof, which makes me wonder why you didn't make it golden. there was something else I was going to say, but I forgot it x)

I would actually (this is a huge step for me as I am terrified I will like yours better) like to see you MEGAedits Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:09 am

If you havent already Norc (I forget who has and hasnt) send me a pm with your email and I will send the link and instructions to you.
As to being afraid you will like it- well surely what is important is to have the best version of LotR's to watch? Does it matter how it came about or who by?

Still no Book2- power went off again so thats 4 for 4 and didnt come back on untl about 10 minutes ago (it went off about 7pm and came back on 12 hours later). So I will try for a fith time to render it out!!!! Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit At this rate I may have to wait for spring! Banghead

As to the Golden Roof- I'm not talented enough is a simple answer Norc! Its an all or nothing with my filters- to filter only certan areas (such as the canopy) etc involves much trickery and complictions involving masks and key points and I don't really know what I am doing when I get into that stuff- learning how to use the editor and to do the filters and stuff has taken me long enough!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 am

Well assuming the power can stay on for the next 5 hoursish I might finally get Book2 outputted ready for upload this evening.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 am

I'll sit here with my fingers crossed for you Smile

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 am

So far so good! 3 hours to go so should be well finished by the time I get back in from work.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Book 2 is outputted and about to watch it back for errors and will post it up for download overnight- I hope.

Eldo, Orwell- how you two getting along downloading?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Should be uploading Book2 in about half an hour (just waiting on winrar to split it up).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Uploading is underway! cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am

Get up after 7 hour sleep to find the upload froze after the first 13 parts (out of 83)!! Extremely Crabbit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Get up after 7 hour sleep to find the upload froze after the first 13 parts (out of 83)!! Extremely Crabbit
if there was a like button here, I would like it just to annoy you Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 am

What?! You revel in others misery Norc as that what you are saying?
I think I like you. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 am

HAHA! you KNOW u like me cuz I awsome and you know it (arrow down) ;D
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:09 am

Nah if you were awesome Norc you'd have downloaded Book1 by now!! Look at it as a chance to have an input on a version of LotR's and affect it- now surely that is awesome? Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:20 am

And if you doubt your comment can have an affect Norc, heres Golden Lothlorien. (The rest remains green but these establishing shots I made golden as you suggested Norc- I like it. Very Happy )

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Lothgold1

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 26 Lothgold3

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:54 am

cool xD i bit green yet, and the trunks of the threes shouls still be grey but I'll exuse u for that, as u said, you haven't got the programs and all that. But yes, I like the imporvement Wink I am just a bit of a perfectionist. The reason why I haven't taken a look at it yet is because I haven't had the time (school and orchestra and stuff) and a bit afraid that u'll have some viruses as I have a PC now which I have all my school stuff on.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 am

Golden Lothlorien looks great! The color grading in the Lorien scenes was one of the biggest weaknesses there (aside from Celeborn the Monotone). The golden aspect of Lothlorien is, I think, important in the big and it's great to know that you're working on that. Very Happy Green is better than blue but I like the golden version the best!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next