Technology - Page 5 Tumblr_mn5qkldPec1rcty31o2_250
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Technology - Page 5 Empty Re: Technology

Post by chris63 Wed May 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Technology - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRnVFzLCGZPAny09bBzrlhIe8PU1AmLlHbk0aeYcYUoJMqlW8n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 am

Have you guys heard of this? It looks awesome.

An open platform phone. Very Happy  It's like a PC.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 am

I think concept-wise it's great, intel and nvidia and other parts manufacturers would probably support this similar to the desktop market.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Samsung set out an over-the-air (well, over the wi-fi) update today so I finally have Android Lollipop on my phone. I've been playing around with it since the download finished. I have some experience with the OS already from the tablets we sell at work but it really is slick and a notable improvement over KitKat. I did reinstall the Google Now search bar on my homescreen though, which had previously been there automatically, just for convenience, though I usually don't put a lot of apps on my main screen (phone or desktop).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 06, 2015 6:23 am

Doing a bit more playing around, there are a few things about Lollipop that threw me off, but despite my being tired one has to expect a learning curve with new devices/OSes.  I'm not really a fan of the new default mode in Chrome where tabs appear in the task manager alongside apps.  It's an interesting idea, but there's less control over tabs and to do anything, even just close one, you have to press and hold the center button (I have an older Android handset; I know newer ones have a different button to pull up multitasking options) which takes longer and is less convenient than the tab button in the Chrome toolbar.  Fortunately this was easy to disable, though.

Unfortunately, the update completely gimped the default alarm clock app on my phone.  I'm not sure if it's a Google or a Samsung app, but it came pre-installed, so I can't delete it now that it's unusable.  Trying to open it gives an error message before immediately shutting down.  The only thing that still works about the app is that it faithfully keeps playing whatever repeating alarms were programmed in, with no ability to alter them or stop them from repeating daily/weekly.  This is a tremendous pain in the ass and I have not been able to find any troubleshooting advice short of performing a factory reset, which I don't want to do but might end up having to. There had better be a patch for this quick.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5