Mrs Figg
David H
halfwise
23 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Quantum Physics - Page 10 Empty Re: Quantum Physics

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Now you've got me confused. but it's my normal condition.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh, I originally meant 'fallen' = 'married'. They gave up the fight, caved in to the insidious interminable tail wagging.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm

That doesn't sound so good, does it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 pm

What I meant is...I mean you have to keep the image of that sweet little puppy dog in your mind and....oh I'd better just quit before i dig myself so deep I fall out the hole on the other side of the planet.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Are you trying to say your a MILF chaser? Is that it?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Oh there's benefits of being a MILF hunter, I don't deny it.

Once they've been through the ringer they've got a much clearer picture of what they actually want and don't expect you to carry the whole burden of moving things along. Plus when they ignore you it's easy to tell yourself its on account of their kids rather than obsessing over it.

If they happen to be married as well you can follow the outline in one of chekov's plays (I don't remember the title) that begins "I am the world's greatest seducer of other men's women." He then proceeds to show how to use the husband to complete your seduction for you without suspecting a thing.

But all in all, I'd recommend just marrying your high school sweetheart. Not the first one, mind you; more like number six.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:05 pm

That Halfwise is such a cynical, fundemanatlly crabbit view of things that I feel you deserve some sort of crabbit award for it. Quantum Physics - Page 10 1918643206
I am therefore sending you some buckie this week as a reward.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:15 pm

cheers

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I just need to perform the ardous task tomorrow of taking it to the post office and finding out if I can get it through two sets of customs without setting off the alarms!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm sure you'll have adventures to report.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 am

Just in case you thought me equating men to dogs was actually meant to be crabbity and cynical (far from it):

Dog stands guard over deceased owner’s grave for six years
By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News

Capitan keeps watch over Miguel Guzman's grave (La Voz)
An extremely dedicated dog has continued to show its loyalty, keeping watch on its owner's grave six years after he passed away.
Capitan, a German shepherd, reportedly ran away from home after its owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006. A week later, the Guzman family found the dog sitting by his grave in central Argentina.
Miguel Guzman adopted Capitan in 2005 as a gift for his teenage son, Damian. And for the past six years, Capitan has continued to stand guard at Miguel's grave. The family says the dog rarely leaves the site.
"We searched for him, but he had vanished," widow Veronica Guzman told LaVoz.com. "We thought he must have got run over and died.
'The following Sunday we went to the cemetery, and Damian recognized his pet. Capitan came up to us, barking and wailing as if he were crying."
Adding to the unusual circumstances, Veronica says the family never brought Capitan to the cemetery before he was discovered there.
"It is a mystery how he managed to find the place," she said.

Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.
"He turned up here one day, all on his own, and started wandering all around the cemetery until he eventually found the tomb of his master," Baccega said.
"During the day he sometimes has a walk around the cemetery, but always rushes back to the grave. And every day, at six o'clock sharp, he lies down on top of the grave, stays there all night."
But the Guzman family hasn't abandoned Capitan. Damian says the family has tried to bring Capitan home several times but that he always returns to the cemetery on his own.
"I think he's going to be there until he dies, too. He's looking after my dad," he said.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:22 am

Sad
Quantum Physics - Page 10 ImagesCAVH4D58-2
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:31 am

Quantum Physics - Page 10 Tumblr_m9wdjwXY0g1r1q72c
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Quantum Physics - Page 10 Tumblr_mapmg7r1Tg1qasthro1_500
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Are you meant to sing it? drunken

"Ra, ra lalala ma!"

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:25 am

I'm not sure if Petty is quite hip enough to get Lady Gaga references. Question
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 am

Bloody cheek Eldo! Mad There's nothing wrong with either of my hips- still got both originals I'll have you know.
I think I saw a Gaga once it was trying to crawl up a drain pipe but I saw it off by delibrately ignoring it, they hate that Gaga's.
It was an unpleasant thing, smelt of rotten meat and ego, and I'm told they are very hard to tell the sex of.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Quantum Physics - Page 10 17968960
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh! Now that I know it's Gaga I get it. I didn't realize the lyrics were so clever.

{{{ Oh help, I just made the mistake of looking at Norc's signature video a bit too closely. I should know better. }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm

This is all very well talking about transexual singers or whatever the hell gaga actually is and all, but where's the Quantum stuff Halfwise?
I was watching a documentary on BBC4 the other night saying the universe was infinite again and not some sort of bubble- and that if you could go out as far as we can see there would just be more galaxies, forever, and the only reason we cant see them is they are too far away for their light to reach us.
Whats going on? Is it infinite or bloody well finite? I thought they'd measured the damned thing, bit tricky that if its infinite.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 pm

halfwise wrote:
{{{ Oh help, I just made the mistake of looking at Norc's signature video a bit too closely. I should know better. }}}

Quantum Physics - Page 10 Tumblr_m3w9ztKpLp1qhp74a
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:This is all very well talking about transexual singers or whatever the hell gaga actually is and all, but where's the Quantum stuff Halfwise?
I was watching a documentary on BBC4 the other night saying the universe was infinite again and not some sort of bubble- and that if you could go out as far as we can see there would just be more galaxies, forever, and the only reason we cant see them is they are too far away for their light to reach us.
Whats going on? Is it infinite or bloody well finite? I thought they'd measured the damned thing, bit tricky that if its infinite.

Actually all you need to resolve Olber's paradox is to have the universe just big enough. The paradox comes from the idea that if the universe is infinite, eventually there's be enough stars that anywhere you look you'd see a star, hence the sky should not be dark at all but glowing. But if the universe is expanding then the further away things are, the faster they are moving away from you.

I need to explain that last statement. If you see two stars, one at a distance X and the other at a distance 2X, if the universe expands by say a factor of 3 in time T, then the stars will be located at 3X and 6X. This means one moved a distance 2X (from 1X to 3X) while the other moved a distance 4X (2x to 6X) in the same time. The one that is twice as far away moves twice as fast away from you. A janitor turned astronomer named Edwin Hubble discovered this.

Anyway, this means that stars further away have the wavelength of light stretched out by this relative velocity, eventually reaching such long wavelengths with low energy that they are not part of the visible spectrum, and they appear as dark sky to our eyes.

Ahem. That didn't address your question directly. It did say that we have a deucedly hard time observing things that are too far away, so what the chap was saying likely as not was conjecture based on indirect observations. And if he was making a quantum mechanical bubble universe type of statement you may as well shrug your shoulders because none of the many competing theories are proved one way or another. Fun stuff to think about, nothing to be taken as fact.

As far as more quantum mechanics, I'm nearly ready to get back to it. I have one article on the Feynman formulation of QM partly written which I abandoned months ago due to overwork, but will soon be getting back to it. Once that is done then I can get into interpretations of QM, but I realized I couldn't do interpretations without the Feynman path integral approach.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:36 pm

So the answer to is it infinte or not is maybe?

The worrying thing is that last sentence may as well have been in Martian- and thats just you telling us what you need to tell us in order to tell us the actual stuff. I think. scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm

The answer remains maybe.

Sorry about the Martian. David reads Martian, but the article will be heavily glossed with translations, sort of like an annotated Beowulf.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:46 pm

I like annotation-ones written for morons ideally.

Oh and I meant to say the bloke in the doc was a cosmologist not a quantum physicst to wasn't a quantum model he was proposing, just that it was infinte, if you could keep going in a straight line forever there would always be more galaxies.
I have no idea in scientific terms if that coming from a cosmologist is better or worse than coming from a quantum physicist. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum