Ringdrotten
Gandalf's Beard
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
27 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by azriel Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:09 am

It means something to me. Its a big chunk of my life being here. Ive changed my personality & outlook from watching, reading & joining in on here. In some ways woke me up to be a better person, Ive also had a much needed kick up the arse too. Im a bit of a shrinker when it comes to crowds, I find it much more comfortable to be either alone or just one, maybe two, people to get in with. The guys here Ive got to love & know, ( I hope ? I think ? ) Ive had so many laughs here !! learnt things, seen things Id miss otherwise. Bloody loved it !

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by Amarië Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:48 am

Ten years already?!
It was nice to go back and look at Forumshire's first five years, it's good to have these posts I think.

I find it so funny when people now are complaining about others posting in the wrong thread and such. There's certainly been a change.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Are you implying we have grown up affraid

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Gawd, I hope not ! sunny

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:18 am

azriel wrote:It means something to me. Its a big chunk of my life being here. Ive changed my personality & outlook from watching, reading & joining in on here. In some ways woke me up to be a better person, Ive also had a much needed kick up the arse too. Im a bit of a shrinker when it comes to crowds, I find it much more comfortable to be either alone or just one, maybe two, people to get in with. The guys here Ive got to love & know, ( I hope ? I think ? ) Ive had so many laughs here !! learnt things, seen things Id miss otherwise. Bloody loved it !

Thanks for sharing this, az, it's always really nice to hear how Forumshire has made a difference for other people too. I love you I'm definitely less inhibited online and around people I know, so with the site representing both it's easier to start going on here than it is elsewhere (not that I'm never verbose on other forums or IRL). It's hard to put into words everything that this place means to me but I'm trying my best to do so with the forthcoming big post. Razz

Amarië wrote:Ten years already?!
It was nice to go back and look at Forumshire's first five years, it's good to have these posts I think.

I find it so funny when people now are complaining about others posting in the wrong thread and such. There's certainly been a change.

Thanks, Am. Smile I do a lot of this writing for my own benefit but it means a lot to know other people read and enjoy it as well.

(This is shaping up to be really long, though--possibly more than The First Five Years' 6800 words. We'll see how much I can edit it down so it flows decently, but I'd rather err on the side of thoroughness since I'm unlikely to be motivated enough to attempt anything this big again in the foreseeable future.)

Bluebottle wrote:Are you implying we have grown up affraid

While I take your meaning Pokey Tongue I did, in one sense at least, do a lot of growing up on Tolkien forums, including this one. Though (probably for the best), my earliest days are not preserved on the new forum. Laughing
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Well, as Tom Baker famously said, there's no point in being grown up if you can't act a little childish sometimes. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Goodness, no, I wouldn't go that far. Just evolving as children do; calming down, getting distracted by new friends, finding new games. {{{Eventually proving certain members from foreign planets right.}}} That sort of thing. Wink

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 am

Amarië wrote:

Goodness, no, I wouldn't go that far. Just evolving as children do; calming down, getting distracted by new friends, finding new games. {{{Eventually proving certain members from foreign planets right.}}} That sort of thing. Wink

Ah, you are asking us to go on an adventure? I've heard of these sort of things, highly unrespectable. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:16 am

Good, good, good.... Suspect

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:33 pm

{{ mm trying to pos tin the Who foum but it wont let me! Everytime I try i get this message-

Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 10 second(s) before replying or posting.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:34 pm

{{ mm trying to pos tin the Who foum but it wont let me! Everytime I try i get this message-

Flood control is active on this forum, please wait 10 second(s) before replying or posting. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:37 pm

{{ Ok its still doing it, butif I open the fourm in a new tab and check without logging in its posted the same thing about 4 times!! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:44 pm

We were maintenanced this morning!

Thankfully the whirling ball of misery has left and we can get back to our normal occupation of tearing things apart.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm

{{ Yeah seems like was down for a few hours today, tried few times ealrier to no avail Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:49 pm

I never feel quite myself after a maintenance. I suppose the feeling wears off but meanwhile you have to be careful not to bite your cheek or anything silly like that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:19 pm

yep twirling balls for me too Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:16 am

This is the kind of thing that happens when I’m not around for a time. I blame Amarie. And when I’m around, I complain about that kind of thing. Extremely Crabbit

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 pm

well you had better stay around then and not bugger off into the kiwi billabongs. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 am

Mrs Figg wrote:well you had better stay around then and not bugger off into the kiwi billabongs.  Suspect

No such thing. At least, I don’t think so. But maybe you were thinking of jumbucks and billabongs...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:52 am

An old fashioned spam run! cheers  We haven't had one of those in ages.  And in true Orwell fashion mainly done digging up abandoned threads.  In fact many of them have Ally or CC on the last page.  Nice touch, that.

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Done correctly, my friend, it must be artful! One must dominate the artform, my friend. Amarie likes that kind of thing, methinks. Wink

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm heading to the pharmacy for some maintenance, scheduled or not.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:48 pm

halfwise wrote:I'm heading to the pharmacy for some maintenance, scheduled or not.

That’s true. Why can’t it be spontaneous maintenance?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 15, 2021 1:33 am

{{ I just got a notification Ive never had before for here. A box just popped up as I was elsewhere on the web saying 'Trending topic' Forumshire the Game.' Noones even posted in it since I last did! Whats that about then? we have trending topics now, and what makes it trending? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 15, 2021 2:45 am

Shrugging

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next